Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Selinafan View Post
    The collected edition just came out so I gave it a go and absolutely loved it. Funny, smart and mind blowing. One of the best things Ive read all year!

BTW - anything else y'all would recommend by Hickman (other than Fantastic Four, which I've read)
    I'm curious about this too. I know he also has a series called Secret coming out from Image, but I'm not familiar with Hickman's other work, aside from FF, of course.

BANNED

He did 12 issues of the Ultimates relaunch.

Thanks again for all the love dudes! Issue 7 has some super fun crazy sauce moments coming up. Some of the coolest stuff yet :)

Hickman is a beast, such a blast to work with...and the only guy to ever take a chance on me and my weirdo wheres waldo'y quitely darrow'y fisher'y art. On MP he does SO. MUCH. WORK. From the book layouts/design, covers, helps w art direction, does a variety of fun different types of scripting, even let's me play and does rescripting to make everything work, press stuff, solicit write ups, coordinates the creative team, the scheduling ext ext ext. Heck he even takes the time to clean up my panel borders and preps everything for press. Me taking an extra week here and there to get an issue done is the only thing holding us back from clockwork comic making perfection ...still working on getting faster (and even that extra week drives Jon fucking bananas).

Paladin King...I agree Jordie Bellaire is a freaking stud on colors. I fell in love w/ her stuff after looking at one panel of one sample page from her. She's so good, already a top colorist within a year of working professionally. All those projects you mentioned look amazing BC of her...MP too...she's crazy good.

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Pitarra View Post
    Thanks again for all the love dudes! Issue 7 has some super fun crazy sauce moments coming up. Some of the coolest stuff yet :)

Hickman is a beast, such a blast to work with...and the only guy to ever take a chance on me and my weirdo wheres waldo'y quitely darrow'y fisher'y art. On MP he does SO. MUCH. WORK. From the book layouts/design, covers, helps w art direction, does a variety of fun different types of scripting, even let's me play and does rescripting to make everything work, press stuff, solicit write ups, coordinates the creative team, the scheduling ext ext ext. Heck he even takes the time to clean up my panel borders and preps everything for press. Me taking an extra week here and there to get an issue done is the only thing holding us back from clockwork comic making perfection ...still working on getting faster (and even that extra week drives Jon fucking bananas).

Paladin King...I agree Jordie Bellaire is a freaking stud on colors. I fell in love w/ her stuff after looking at one panel of one sample page from her. She's so good, already a top colorist within a year of working professionally. All those projects you mentioned look amazing BC of her...MP too...she's crazy good.
    Will we ever get a Where is Manhattan Projects book?

Also, Seth Fisher is amazing, so sad he died; so goddamn young too.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Oh yeah....Seth Fisher was amazing. I'm lucky enough to own an original Fisher page. So much wonder and charm in his work.

That's a great idea...maybe just one big Where's Waldo MP print...something insane with detail...viewers trying to find the MP cast. HHmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    He did 12 issues of the Ultimates relaunch.
    I'll check it out. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tylenoljones View Post
    I'm curious about this too. I know he also has a series called Secret coming out from Image, but I'm not familiar with Hickman's other work, aside from FF, of course.
    Manhattan Projects and Fantastic Four represent his pinnacle, I think.

Nightly News is where he got his start, his Ultimates was fun, and his Pax Romana had the charm of a noble experiment that didn't quite work for me (an effort in giving the bird to the 'show, don't tell' rule).

I didn't care for Secret Avengers (a book which went nowhere and did nothing significant with the characters), SHIELD (which is a huge fan favorite; I'm in the minority here), or his other Image books (Transhuman, Red Mass For Mars, etc).
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Nick,

Any idea what the price of this will be?

NYCC Exclusive THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS VOLUME ONE: SCIENCE, BAD hardcover (limited to 500)

I'm looking to have someone pick me up a copy at NYCC.

Thanks!

I wonder if i should pick up this collection. But there is a big BUT.
    I read Red Wing, which left me very disappointed in the end.
    I like Nick Pitarra's art and I like Hickman's writing for the most part. But when he misses, he misses big, I think he goes for very big, complex ideas, but they get away from him and he can leave readers scratching their heads.
    I really enjoy his Shield and the majority of his FF (though the complexity and the length of his story arc diminished it in the end.)
    So do you all think I should read this, especially given I was not happy with Red Wing? to Red Wing

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Pitarra View Post

That's a great idea...maybe just one big Where's Waldo MP print...something insane with detail...viewers trying to find the MP cast. HHmmmm.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

MURCH- IDK about the price on that one...haven't seen the comps or anything on those yet. If I see anything I'll post it here.

hey nick tell ryan bodenheim to hurry up on the art for hickman's other book....Also your work is great. Reminds me of Doug Mahnke and Frank Quitely

Finally got caught up and consumed the whole series (nom nom nom). Loving this book. I'm hooked and looking forward to having my wallet pillaged on a consistent basis. Curious to see what relevance von Braun will have when rocket technology already seems to have been made obsolete. So many promising threads already. Hope this series lasts a good long while.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    Manhattan Projects and Fantastic Four represent his pinnacle, I think.

Nightly News is where he got his start, his Ultimates was fun, and his Pax Romana had the charm of a noble experiment that didn't quite work for me (an effort in giving the bird to the 'show, don't tell' rule).

I didn't care for Secret Avengers (a book which went nowhere and did nothing significant with the characters), SHIELD (which is a huge fan favorite; I'm in the minority here), or his other Image books (Transhuman, Red Mass For Mars, etc).
    Hickman never wrote an issue for secret avengers.
    Creepy Black Brotherhood Member

Brother Judge will leave you in Fudge.