Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 774
  1. #121
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Zanzibar
    Posts
    3,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    add me in with the "calm down before we get any details" and "lol really DC you're ready to screw up your characters this early" crowd
    but I'm forever in favour of pelican man getting his own event
    Indeed Pelican man is too OP to not be included

  2. #122
    Power Corrupts Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    16,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    Indeed Pelican man is too OP to not be included
    yeah the Justice League was in desperate need of a porn star


  3. #123
    More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    4,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    add me in with the "calm down before we get any details" and "Let's have fun with this rumor" crowd
    but I'm forever in favour of pelican man getting his own event
    Fixed and this.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

  4. #124
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Zanzibar
    Posts
    3,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    yeah the Justice League was in desperate need of a porn star
    must everything be reduced to phallic symbols? As Freud said, "Sometimes a cigar, is just a cigar."

  5. #125
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,485

    Default

    Did you read Flashpoint: Legion of Doom?

    I wouldn't say it was exactly a horror title, but Plastic Man did some very gruesome things, acts you'd find in one of today's edgier horror movies
    Plastic Man did gruesome things? Let's burn that with fire.

  6. #126
    Power Corrupts Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    16,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    must everything be reduced to phallic symbols? As Freud said, "Sometimes a cigar, is just a cigar."
    all I know is that Pelican Man didn't stop by Granny Goodnesses house that one time just to deliver the mail. I'll leave the rest up to your imagination


  7. #127
    Senior Member Raye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Leader View Post
    Just for the sake of speculation, could it have anything to do with 3 timelines being merged to form the New 52?
    Ok, I kinda like this idea... though the Vertigo side of things seems like it would be a bit light on firepower in comparison to the DC and Wildstorm side of things. I know Geoff Johns has said somewhere that he wanted the universes combined for something he had planned, but I dunno what. If it is something like that, it would undoubtedly involve Pandora. And it may explain the absence of the Bleed, which has been one of the things left out of the reboot that most baffled me, since it had previously already been DC canon. I want to see the Carrier again, dammit.

  8. #128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    DCU - Wonder Woman?
    Vertigo (DC Dark) - Batman?
    Wildstorm - Superman?

    Just thinking out loud. And of course, Snyder (Batman) and Morrison (Action Comics) will be involved in some capacity.

    EDIT: ahhh, I could see this easily leading into the oft-anticipated and frequently-speculated-on Wildcats relaunch!
    Actually, I think it might go like this....

    Meta/Sci-Fi Heroes - Superman


    Examples: Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Stormwatch, Blue Beetle, Superboy, Supergirl, Flash

    Street/Espionage/Tech Heroes - Batman

    Examples: Cyborg, JL International, Birds of Prey, Blackhawks (if they're still around after their comic cancellation), Jonah Hex, Nightwing, Batwoman, Batgirl, Batman Inc. (basically all heroes from the Batman world!)

    Myth/Magic/Fantasy Heroes - Wonder Woman

    Examples - Aquaman, Justice League Dark, Demon Knights, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Shazam, Amethyst (yay!)

    If there is actually going to be a "Trinity War", perhaps each trinity character will head an army of their genre? It's a thought!
    Nanny: The True Phoenix Egg

  9. #129
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Zanzibar
    Posts
    3,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Ok, I kinda like this idea... though the Vertigo side of things seems like it would be a bit light on firepower in comparison to the DC and Wildstorm side of things. I know Geoff Johns has said somewhere that he wanted the universes combined for something he had planned, but I dunno what. If it is something like that, it would undoubtedly involve Pandora. And it may explain the absence of the Bleed, which has been one of the things left out of the reboot that most baffled me, since it had previously already been DC canon. I want to see the Carrier again, dammit.
    I cant remember what bleed is...

  10. #130
    Senior Member CBikle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,056

    Default

    Maybe it's somehow connected to Busiek's Trinity series. Maybe he's one of the writers.

  11. #131
    Power Corrupts Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    16,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CBikle View Post
    Maybe it's somehow connected to Busiek's Trinity series. Maybe he's one of the writers.
    doubt it......


  12. #132
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Zanzibar
    Posts
    3,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CBikle View Post
    Maybe it's somehow connected to Busiek's Trinity series. Maybe he's one of the writers.
    didnt that series suck?

  13. #133
    Elder Member The Batman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Otisburg, USA.
    Posts
    10,131

    Default

    So, along with more Watchmen we're going to see Twilight of the Gods too. Okay then.

    In all seriousness, I'm going to wait and see on this one before I react too much.

  14. #134

    Default

    DC needs to do this. There new universe is too clean. Most of the characters haven't gotten their hands really dirty yet. Dirty this new universe up a little bit. Sounds like alot of fun. I usually like DC events more anyways. Brightest Day & Flashpoint were awsome.

  15. #135
    More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    4,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Pandora_ View Post
    DC needs to do this. There new universe is too clean. Most of the characters haven't gotten their hands really dirty yet. Dirty this new universe up a little bit. Sounds like alot of fun. I usually like DC events more anyways. Brightest Day & Flashpoint were awsome.
    What's wrong with clean?
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •