Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Fine olive but still her skin tone should light relative to Judas but I suppose it depends on how you define white.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by mdg1 View Post
    Maybe you just answered the question. Could he BE Cain?
    I do not think so, we already have one Cain in I, vampire

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    Greeks are not 'white,' neither are Italians, just for the record
    your a Jersey Shore fan aren't you?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    your a Jersey Shore fan aren't you?
    no, even then, their skin is tanned and is not their own natural skin. Actually the idea of Italians being white in general was a post-war thing, as Italians were among the many groups who were not wanted for immigration and were thus identified as not being white (along with Iberians, Eastern Europeans, the Irish)

no, even then, their skin is tanned and is not their own natural skin. Actually the idea of Italians being white in general was a post-war thing, as Italians were among the many groups who were not wanted for immigration and were thus identified as not being white (along with Iberians, Eastern Europeans, the Irish)
    That is actually true. But still, that is a social construction of whiteness that was used in the early 1900s by immigration officials to classify and marginalize a group of people who they deemed as "undesirable" immigrants. You shouldn't be reusing that definition to get a point across.
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 05-05-2012 at 10:49 PM.

okay so as far as the wizards go from right to left we have:
    1.a male Native American or Inuit Wizard
    2.a male Asian Wizard, I won't try to assume anymore for this character
    3.a female Egyptian Wizard
    4.a male African or Afro-Caribbean or Afro-Bahamanian wizard
    5.not sure about this wizard she is clearly female but its hard for me to make a guess in terms of race or ethnicity
    6. This wizard is female and appears to be Nordic in origin or some other Scandinavian descent, however she could also be Anglo Saxxon I shouldn't rush to judgement here.
    7. No freaking idea. this guy could be Greek or Roman, but its hard to say. He's a white guy with a black beard, dressed in white robes with gold finishings and a green necklace or broach shown sitting on his chest.

Do you consider Irish people white?

So, I clearly haven't read through all 44 pages of this thread, but has anyone thought that this may be a war between Earth 1 and Earth 2, each side led by their respective "trinity", thus we'd see Jay Garrick, Al Pratt, and Alan Scott throwing down with the Wonder Woman, Superman, and Thor?
    Every man is guilty of the good he did not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantine View Post
    So, I clearly haven't read through all 44 pages of this thread, but has anyone thought that this may be a war between Earth 1 and Earth 2, each side led by their respective "trinity", thus we'd see Jay Garrick, Al Pratt, and Alan Scott throwing down with the Wonder Woman, Superman, and Thor?

Thor? DC has a Thor?

And no I doubt that. The preview seemed to indicate a fight between earth 1 characters. And looking at the current state of Earth 2, ti would be a pretty one sided fight if that was the case. Earth 1 has superior numbers and fire power.

IMO 5 is also Asian reminds me of some anime that I watched. 6 looks celctic to me. 7 is impossible to tell I get a middle eastern feel though. Agree on rest.

No on Earth 2 not enough numbers to put up a fight plus Earth 2 is the only book that Pandora does not appear in.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Thor? DC has a Thor?

And no I doubt that. The preview seemed to indicate a fight between earth 1 characters. And looking at the current state of Earth 2, ti would be a pretty one sided fight if that was the case. Earth 1 has superior numbers and fire power.

D'oh, i'm watching the Thor film right now. My bad, meant Batman. And, yeah, eh on the firepower thing. We don't know where Jay, Alan, and Al will be power-wise quite yet, and it may be smaller in scope than a full planetary war. I mean, from the FCBD issue, we see that Earth 2 is playing some role, what with the whole monitor thing. We also don't know to what extent Earth 2 has lost heroes, even in the case of more than a 3 on 3 tussle. Likewise, we don't have a clear picture as to what has happened on that Earth since the war with Steppenwolf has ended. We don't know how many new heroes there may be, and we have a full year of stories to build up that Earth.

I honestly think this is more likely than this whole newly formed Earth going to war with itself. Also, in a good comic, like a good movie, there's no wasted panel/page/scene. That Earth 2 stuff had to be there for a reason. Pandora jacked up that monitor/research for a reason, i'm thinking.
    Last edited by Byzantine; 05-05-2012 at 11:07 PM.
    Every man is guilty of the good he did not do.

5.not sure about this wizard she is clearly female but its hard for me to make a guess in terms of race or ethnicity
    She reminds me of Black Alice. Although, I think she might be Chinese.

7. No freaking idea. this guy could be Greek or Roman, but its hard to say. He's a white guy with a black beard, dressed in white robes with gold finishings and a green necklace or broach shown sitting on his chest.
    I personally thought he looked Middle Eastern; perhaps Sumerian.

DC does have a Thor and Loki, they just don't get used that much. Big Barda defeated Thor in a New God run, I think.

If I can give the opinion that nobody asked... this thing about the Question bugs me...
    Ok, I'm a fan of Vic Sage, but I'll try not to bitch adn moan about this trasformation. I just find it and incredibly odd choice. How do you turn a no-powers, nihilist private detective wearing a mask into a immortal cursed sinner from the beginning of time with his face magically removed?
    That's not a logical transformation... how the hell does Geoff Johns' mind works? It's fascinating.

Now, to be fair, they never tell you his name and they never actually call him "The Question", so what are we to presume? That Vic Sage saw this sinner walking around, thought he looked cool and imitated his "costume"?

As for the Trinity War, at least it seems Superman and Batman are on the same side. I hope there's a reason that's not stupid for these guys to fight.
    Last edited by WhitOro; 05-06-2012 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantine View Post
    Nope. As the gatefold image shows you, this involves Earth Prime (or as Didio calls it, Prime Earth)'s Trinity and the Trinity of Sin.

As for Earth 2, James Robinson already announced in a recent interview that he and Geoff Johns are planning and working toward the eventual return of the JLA/JSA crossovers--but not before Earth 2 is firmly established. To me, that translates to 2013 or maybe 2014.

Like the inevitable Aquaman mega-crossover, it'll be a while before we see that and the JLA/JSA crossover. Probably after Trinity War, IMHO.