(Now, really. It`s enough that Earth has more Green Lanterns than any other SECTOR in the DCU, but for all of them come from the same country is pushing a bit. They should retcon Gardner as being Australian or something).
I do find it intriguing that it looks like Superman is deliberately ramming a marble column into the new GL's face.
Also...I think it's obvious where this one battle from Trinity War is taking place: Shazam's Rock Of Eternity. Clearly, the entire Shazam mythos is central to Trinity War given the setting, the presence of Black Adam and the AICN reviewer's statement that Shazam is directly involved. Quite a turnaround for a character who hasn't had this significant a role in the DCU for many years.
We've only seen a 4 page preview, but this looks epic in a way I haven't seen a DC crossover be epic in many years.
Also, this new Lantern is obviously Wally West. he was chosen by the ring because he survived a company-wide editorial edict with force of will alone. Barry is clearly running to save him. And he is getting his ass kicked because he is looking at tjhe ring and thinking "What the Hell do I do with th - Oh S2#%$ a Marble Column!!!"
Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 04-18-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Those things you mentionend in the spoilers? Linked to The Red, The Green & The Rot?
My work: http://www.fanfiction.net/~outside85
Though as I keep re-examining the 4 page Trinity War spread, I'm beginning to think the armored guy Superman is talking to might be a possessed Cyborg or an alternate Earth version of Cyborg.
And on an additional note:
end of spoilers
one of the "Trinity Of Sin" is supposedly a character who wasn't magic-based before. I fear that maybe Cyborg's Apokolips-based tech could make him that character. I hope that's not the case, though.
Whoever is revealed as the new magic-based character, I suspect that character's fans will likely be pretty angry about it.
I for one am glad that they continue to maintain the highest levels of exclusivity in the Justice League, although two whole women in that cover does make it seem like standards are slipping just a little. Surely they could have made do with just one? Then they could have crammed in another white straight male.
"Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain" Steven Pinker
1) WTF is going on here anyway?
2) Is that Mera diving in the floor under WW?
3) They cant seem to find anything cool for Aquaman to do besides stab things with his trident, can they? They should have given him Mera's water powers. Even Blaqualad has them. Aquaman just stabs things because most of the time there are no fish around.
4) Who's the guy next to Flash doing the sonic thing? Nice suit!
5) Too many characters. If Johns cant write a JL book with 7 members, how is he gonna write one with so many? We've barely gotten any character moments besides Hal being a retard... This is gonna be a big Michael Bay explosive advertisement for action figures isnt it?
6) Phantom Stranger, sinners, etc. Oh boy, i cant wait for more Christianity in my superhero comics. First the Lantern Entities, not it's gonna be the JL.
Last edited by FIFTY-TWO (52); 04-18-2012 at 03:11 PM.
"A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."