Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by neverender View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like it's Steve Trevor's group of heroes going against the Justice League? Maybe Pandora convinces the Justice League to help her after all.
    Steve Trevors group is the Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by jsf View Post
    Enjoyed it, but a couple of things stuck out:

1) I don't particularly know if I'm all that thrilled with the retcon of the Phantom Stranger's origin. It's interesting (apparently he's Judas from the New Testament), but I always really liked the ambiguity of his origin (the fact that it could've been one of three or four different versions, and was indefinite as to which).
    It's not like they actually said he was Judas: he can still have a multiple choice past. I'm more interested with the Questions new origin and who he was before.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    The GL is definietly "The First Lantern" as he refers to himself as "I am the Green Lantern"
    Meh. Maybe, but using that logic Guy Gardner was the first Lantern for most of his JLI days.

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    Did anyone else find it odd that the time when humans had first discovered magic was described as "centuries ago"? I would have though it would have been millenia ago
    Well, technically millenia ago is still centuries ago...

Quote Originally Posted by TZDEKA View Post
    I don't read Aquaman, but I think that's stupid too. But this thing with Batman is worse because he never does anything to prove those people wrong
    Well, he did get GLs ring off him and rescue Superman...

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    DC does have a Thor and Loki, they just don't get used that much. Big Barda defeated Thor in a New God run, I think.
    He has also been in Sandman, War of the Gods and Kelleys Action Comics run.

Quote Originally Posted by brik-el View Post
    I thought Vandal Savage was Cain.
    And I thought he was a caretaker in The Dreaming. It's probably best not to think about it.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

There's nothing stopping there from being a Metaphorical Cain who exists in a plane of ideals (And Kentucky) and physical Cains. It's pretty easy to reconcile.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Can someone post of picture of the Black Room? I was able to recognize everything you mentioned except for the Bell of Uthool. Anyway, if the bell's there, then it can be assumed that the Black Room also has the Silver Wheel of Nyorlath and the Red Jar of Calythos. Also, did anyone notice that that black diamond being covered up by the tarp could be the Heart of Darkness?
    Here's the image from CBR's article:

And here is a link to the article itself:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=38519

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    They're showing what *just happened* on Earth 2 now in Trinity War which doesn't come out until Summer 2013.

Ergo, S.T.A.R. Labs and/or the denizens of Earth have not been able to even contact Earth 2 until the middle of the Trinity War.
    Does the Earth 2 viewing scene in STAR Labs really have anything to do with Trinity War? From the interview with Wayne and Cunningham on Newsarama, they mentioned that some of the teases will be explored starting in May.
    How are they viewing events from 5 years ago?

Maybe time works differently on Earth-2, so their five years ago is our today.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Maybe time works differently on Earth-2, so their five years ago is our today.
    I think their five years ago is our (or rather, main earth's) five years ago, since the Apokolips wars probably happened on both worlds at the same time; remember how main earth's Superman, while being tortured, has a vision of the multiverse under attack. But maybe radio waves can jump ahead in time, or just be delayed, when crossing the multiversal barrier. Or, maybe they're broadcasting today but sending archived footage from five years ago. (Not sure why they'd be doing that, but maybe whoever they're trying to contact needs to know how the war went on Earth 2.)

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Well, technically millenia ago is still centuries ago...
    It's minutes ago too, but that would be an odd way to phrase it.
    Last edited by slvn; 05-06-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Steve Trevors group is the Justice League.
    I think what he means is, in the latest issue of JL, Steve Trevors offers Green Arrow a place in another group, and Green Arrow accepts. Then, in the FCBD book, Trevors says "We've clearly helped establish any damage was Green Arrow's fault. The League doesn't make mistakes."

It will be really interesting, because it seems Trevors has a second group that he uses kind of as a scapegoat, and Green Arrow, along with other people in that 4 page spread are probably in it.

did the question look a bit like ralph dibny to you? cause if he is new question i give up
    "...The measure of a man is not in what he says, but what he does."

Quote Originally Posted by ronedog22 View Post
    did the question look a bit like ralph dibny to you? cause if he is new question i give up
    I'd love to see Dibney, but I doubt they'd make him Question. It'll be Vic Sage.
    Last.FM || Favorite Hero: Aquaman || Favorite Neutral: Red Hood || Favorite Villain: Black Manta

I do not know why, but as soon as i saw the leader (or most vocal) of the wizards, I immediately thought Zeus. The lightning spear and almost nude appearance reminds me of his new design by Cliff Chiang.

Of course this would make no sense given that the woman to his right is probably Black Alice. Then again the woman to his left is probably Isis. What is the power level of this group?

And is the red head in blue wearing Siobhan's symbol?
    Last edited by Goldenboy882; 05-06-2012 at 07:13 PM.

IMO, they are not gods. Well self made gods perhaps. They are a group of 7 of the first and most powerful wizards from around he globe who got together to protect the world and render judgment. As for power well the Spectre actually talks to them. But there is a power above them and the spectre according to Pandora. In some ways they seem to be the new monitors so pretty powerful
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

I thought the wizard was a God.

So how many books do you guys think will crossover in too Trinity war?
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    EDIT: Going back to Steve Trevor, CBR pointed out that Steve now has a sister.

Could it be...Lyta Trevor?
    *happy dance*

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy882 View Post
    I do not know why, but as soon as i saw the leader (or most vocal) of the wizards, I immediately thought Zeus. The lightning spear and almost nude appearance reminds me of his new design by Cliff Chiang.
    I don't think so. The lead wizard looks more African than Greek and he doesn't look that much like Cliff's Zeus:

Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    I thought the wizard was a God.

So how many books do you guys think will crossover in too Trinity war?
    IMO it's wizard as in a spellcaster not the character The Wizard.

Not Sure. JL and JLD clearly.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February