Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

DC = Ruined. DC used to stand for something. Now its just a cop out.

I'm tempted to not support anything DC.

Anything new that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    I see everyone is speculating about writers (which is very important), but no speculation on artists yet.

Any ideas/suggestions? Dale Keown maybe? Jae Lee? Phil Jimenez? Maybe somebody DC lured away from Marvel?
    Probably Jim Lee, he's the last of the truly superstar artist in the industry in my view.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCzar View Post
    Probably Jim Lee, he's the last of the truly superstar artist in the industry in my view.
    They won't take him off of Justice League yet. And DC has plenty of other superstars.

Also, Bleeding Cool reported in the last month or two that there's another switcheroo of creators between DC and Marvel coming up in the next few months.

Besides, if they yank Lee off of Justice League, they'd have to replace him with somebody equally big. Replacing him is a lot harder than keeping him there (for now).

I see multiple people here predicting this as the outcome which is exactly why I think that won't happen. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to see Superman win. After all, next year is his 75th Anniversary--and he's got a movie coming out.

Superman, the spotlight is all yours.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure this is just a rumor, until I hear about this from a more official source anyway.

I honestly don't even like the concept of the trinity, when DC pumps it up too much. Like that 2008 miniseries "Trinity" it was so lame and in the end Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman were basically gods. I'll admit some of the original ideas were cool, but I thought it was handled terribly

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanstine View Post
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=58091

Some already saying it's going to be DC's version of Marvel's CIVIL WAR...
    I'm gonna give DC the benefit of the doubt and pray they won't do something as juvenile as Civil War.
    Besides, we've already been through a philosophical split between Supes, Wondy, and Bats, back in Infinite Crisis.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

DC = Ruined. DC used to stand for something. Now its just a cop out.

I'm tempted to not support anything DC.

Anything new that is.
    Lol, what did DC stand for?

The only thing DC stands for is 'Detective Comics'.

I hope they give Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman their own "houses" and "families", plus maybe a few others like the House of Marvel, and have them stake out their own fiefdoms constantly at war with one another. And maybe John Constantine can be the narrator...

Oh, wait....

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Leader View Post
    Just for the sake of speculation, could it have anything to do with 3 timelines being merged to form the New 52?
    The number 3 seems to be in this year at DC. Over in the Green Lantern corner, there's talk of a Third Army rising.

Oscar Wilde

They won't take him off of Justice League yet. And DC has plenty of other superstars.

Also, Bleeding Cool reported in the last month or two that there's another switcheroo of creators between DC and Marvel coming up in the next few months.

Besides, if they yank Lee off of Justice League, they'd have to replace him with somebody equally big. Replacing him is a lot harder than keeping him there (for now).
    Jim Lee and David Finch are the only two true superstar artist left in comics. Meaning a book they draw sells at least a 100k based on their name alone. DC has some awesome artist but no one on the level of Lee, and DC would be smart to put him on their event book. JL still did well sales wise with a fill in artist.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

If it does happen, I'm going to be disappointed; I don't really like events. Of course, if it does happen, I'll likely pick up the event anyway. Curse my lack of willpower Although, some of the Flashpoint minis were actually pretty good, so who knows how the next DC event will turn out.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCzar View Post
    Jim Lee and David Finch are the only two true superstar artist left in comics. Meaning a book they draw sells at least a 100k based on their name alone.
    Does Finch bring those numbers with his name alone or with his name + a Batman title? If he started drawing Voodoo would it automatically hit 100K?

Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    It is dig at Zombie fans not the event,Dc could do Civil War style event with super hero registration as the key point and it would be far different from the marvel event and it could be very interesting how DC characters would react to something like this point is not it is copy or not.The point is DC fans acting like DC is beyond gimmicks or events.
    No one has ever said that DC was beyond gimmicks or events. The notion was that DC fans aren't into Street Fighter-style comics as a plot. If Wonder Woman were to fight Power Girl, the Marvel fan is more likely to say, "Cool." The DC fan is more likely to say, "Why?"

Oscar Wilde

Well if people are buying that AvX crap, then why not? If they do it in an interesting way it could be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    This better not be a hero vs hero thing. These three are smart enough to work out their issues without resorting to fighting.
    They may be - but DC Muck-mucks are cynical enough to try a sensational cash-grab with a stunt like this, all the while claiming that it has nothing to do with Marvel's AVX or Civil War.

If this rumour is REMOTELY true, it is truly one of the single dumbest things that DC could have initiated so soon.

You don't reboot your entire line, and then before ironing out what the new status quo is in your new universe, throw out a monkey wrench to the status quo

As long as they don't put this crap in Action Comics or Batman, I could care less.