Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    I see everyone is speculating about writers (which is very important), but no speculation on artists yet.

Any ideas/suggestions? Dale Keown maybe? Jae Lee? Phil Jimenez? Maybe somebody DC lured away from Marvel?
    I would be happy with ANY of the artists from before watchmen
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Batman wins.
    Rats. I was going to call it, but you beat me.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

How badly do you think Batman will beat down Superman in this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCzar View Post
    Did you forget Infinite Crisis, And Blackest Night? Let's not act like DC is prefect in it's execution of event series. Of their recent events I enjoyed Infinite Crisis the most but even that was had glaring plot holes and annoyances. Heck I enjoyed the build up of Infinite Crisis much more than the actual series itself.
    I really enjoyed Infinite Crisis. Blackest Night not so much but it wasn't bad.

At least they both were universe wide. By that I mean gave a lot of characters developments and a chance to shine. In Blakcest Nights case it returned a lot of characters to the DCU. I mean what were the effects of World War Hulk, Siege and Fear Itself. Of course it;s all redundant now because the DC events never happened, at least as we read them. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I see multiple people here predicting this as the outcome which is exactly why I think that won't happen. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to see Superman win. After all, next year is his 75th Anniversary--and he's got a movie coming out.

Superman, the spotlight is all yours.

BANNED

This may just be a mini crossover like Night Of The Owls.

I love how there are zero details aside from a working title and people are already up in arms.

Hire Mark Millar for this.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I've never been one to think that DC is bringing back the pre-Flashpoint universe--and I'm still not--but I'm wondering if they're going to flirt with that idea a little. Suppose Superman and Wonder Woman find out, and Batman finds out more than he already learned from the Flash, about the universes (Flashpoint and pre-Flashpoint) that used to exist. Maybe one of the Trinity wants to bring back the "original" universe, one wants to stop that from happening, and the other starts out undecided. I suspect it would end with a few aspects of the previous universes being integrated in and the basic structure of the new universe being confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    Events are stories too, they need to be as good as regular ongoings.
    That's simply not true. Blackest Night, Fear Itself, and AvX don't need to be as good as regular ongoings to sell well.

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    The sales show how the people speak. They want the same characters on top of charts no matter if their books are good or not (looking at you Detective Comics and Batman: Dark Knight).
    I disagree. I don't think Flash & Aquaman are Top 10 books right now no matter what, I think they're top books right now because of their quality.

Superman and Wonder Woman fight for 12 issues and Batman pops out of nowhere and blast them effectively saving the universe.

BANNED

You know what will set DC right, an angry mob outside their main office, OCCUPY DC!

Justice League vs Lantern Corps vs Stormwatch.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Superman and Wonder Woman fight for 12 issues and Batman pops out of nowhere and blast them effectively saving the universe.
    Yeah. I really don't see Superman getting a beatdown on his 75th birthday. And not with Warner Brothers desperate for a successful relaunch of his movie franchise.

Those headlines would suck: "Superman celebrates B-day: gets beaten in comics, new movie bombs"

Superman FTW.

BANNED

The trinity could be the first, second, and third sinners from the JL back-up too.