Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

If Grant Morrison is involved I'll be interested, just not sold on any of the other DC writers being able to do this where it interest me.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

BANNED

what is DC's record on these events, can people list them and rate them for me?

Quote Originally Posted by TZDEKA View Post
    That's my big concern. I can't imagine this being done without character derailment, which is what has happened in Marvel's similar events as well.
    Given how the Greek gods are behaving towards the human race in WW, the WW portion of this war isn't much of a stretch. And again, Superboy's been pretty much a force for destruction and mayhem all along so far.

Plus, so many Batman characters straddle the fence between good & evil--Damian, Ras al Ghul, Talia al Ghul, Catwoman, shall I go on? LOL.

BANNED

DC are far better at this than Marvel (final crisis aside) and will use the full range of DCU characters. I imagine this is what the Pandora thing is building up to and we will get a lot more info next week. I imagine this will be a September/October event to compete with Marvels attempts to grab at marketshare with their line revamp and that time of year obviously worked well for them last year.

I'm all for it. I love events done well. Juts not 6 months of every year like Marvel seem to be fond of doing.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCzar View Post
    If Grant Morrison is involved I'll be interested, just not sold on any of the other DC writers being able to do this where it interest me.
    Weren't there rumors of snyder and lemire being brought in to talk with didio and johns about the next year of DC's direction?
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

We don't need an event where Superman is a chump again, Bat-God wins again, and Wonder Woman defames her character ... again.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    We don't need an event where Superman is a chump again, Bat-God wins again, and Wonder Woman defames her character ... again.
    This is pretty much what is likely to happen with Hal Jordan acting like a jerk in some way.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

Just for the sake of speculation, could it have anything to do with 3 timelines being merged to form the New 52?

British Student of Film

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Leader View Post
    Just for the sake of speculation, could it have anything to do with 3 timelines being merged to form the New 52?
    I like that idea a bit more, and it would give Pandora a reason to be involved.

However, I'll probably be interested in this no matter what, particularly if Scott Snyder & Grant Morrison are writing for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    Eh, yes and no. Sure, the superhero war idea is a copy. But a literal copy would be like Justice League Vs. Teen Titans or Justice League Vs. Legion Of Super-Heroes.

A Marvel Trinity War would be more like Captain America, Iron Man and Thor all battling it out.
    It is dig at Zombie fans not the event,Dc could do Civil War style event with super hero registration as the key point and it would be far different from the marvel event and it could be very interesting how DC characters would react to something like this point is not it is copy or not.The point is DC fans acting like DC is beyond gimmicks or events.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by JaHawk2009 View Post
    I like that idea a bit more, and it would give Pandora a reason to be involved.

However, I'll probably be interested in this no matter what, particularly if Scott Snyder & Grant Morrison are writing for it.
    DCU - Wonder Woman?
    Vertigo (DC Dark) - Batman?
    Wildstorm - Superman?

Just thinking out loud. And of course, Snyder (Batman) and Morrison (Action Comics) will be involved in some capacity.

EDIT: ahhh, I could see this easily leading into the oft-anticipated and frequently-speculated-on Wildcats relaunch!

British Student of Film

Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    It is dig at Zombie fans not the event,Dc could do Civil War style event with super hero registration as the key point and it would be far different from the marvel event and it could be very interesting how DC characters would react to something like this point is not it is copy or not.The point is DC fans acting like DC is beyond gimmicks or events.
    Actually, I'm definitely a DC fan over Marvel, and DC seem to create larger scale events on a less regular basis, whilst Marvel produce smaller events more frequently with a large event every now and then. Either way, neither company is above gimmicks, events or crossovers.

If they do this thing well I could be interested in it, but I think I'd rather that action comics, batman, and wonder woman continue uninterrupted by events or mandated editorial continuity alterations.
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    If this event actually happens I can't imagine it will make Superman look good at all especially if he has difficulty with anything not involving Kryptonite. If this isn't just a rumor and this event actually happens I expect some bad showings from Superman.
    Pretty much, Superman always gets screwed over
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women." - Conan

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    Well, we've already had Superboy as a quasi-villain in his own book. And allegedly Wonder Girl is the daughter of Ares, God of War.

As for Batman's supporting cast, there are plenty of shady characters there. Depending on how it plays out, we might even get some very cool spinoffs out of this. A 2nd WW book is a real longshot, but maybe another Superman title? Depending on which heroes took which side, this might also lead to a 3rd Wave of New 52 books. Doom Patrol? The Atom? Metal Men? Who knows?

my concern has nothing to do with the side and supporting characters. My primary concern is the heroes Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. And other Justice League members who might be dragged into this.

these storries tend to be overly contrived even for super hero comics, and it screams of copying Marvel if this is true, neither of which is a good thing.

My Superman comment was more related to an actual fight. Against Batman and Wonder Woman he should dominate, unless Kryptonite is involved, and for Kryptonite you'd have to be in close proximity to him and he would need to have his guard down.

And in a WW vs Batman battle Wonder Woman should dominate, just like in The Hiketeia. Sure you can give Bats some prep maybe have him work out some very well thought out trap involving knock out gas or something.

Bt overall I can't see this being a good story.

I hope other characters I like don't get dragged into this and are mischaracterized.

This isn't something like Amazons Attacks or the DCnU Greek Gods in Wonder Woman. I don't think any of that reflects poorly on Diana's character. She can still be noble in spite of all that. And in some ways I find it more compelling. Heck even in some stories where the Kryptonians and Kandorians were shown to be cruel people (no longer Canon) I didn't feel that compromised Superman's character. I guess you could make an argument for Supergirl.

Now if this event actually happens and its premis is these 3 go to war over some issues it will inevitably lead to mischaracterization and maybe some jobbing . And I don't think you can have a great story with those elements