Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast

Exclamation FCBD & Trinity War *SPOILERS*

Not sure how I feel about this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Cool
    I understand that DC Comics are planning an “event” next year, entitled The Trinity War.

Presumably referring to Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman.
    Here's the link:
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/...g-trinity-war/

It may not pan out, but in light of Avengers Versus X-Men, it sounds plausible. Color me curious. It will be interesting to see if this ends up actually happening given the current grouping of all the DC books (Batman, Superman, Dark, Edge, Young Justice, etc.)

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=58091

Some already saying it's going to be DC's version of Marvel's CIVIL WAR...
    Last edited by Jordanstine; 04-17-2012 at 02:54 PM.

This better not be a hero vs hero thing. These three are smart enough to work out their issues without resorting to fighting. Lets keep the hero vs hero stiff at marvel.

Beisdes we already had Aquaman vs Wonder Woman in Flashpoint

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Not surprising, just look at the sales for AvX. Business wise, something like is smart and would make good $$$
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Otchofriend View Post
    Not surprising, just look at the sales for AvX. Business wise, something like is smart and would make good $$$
    yeah, there may be lots of complaints on message boards, but obviously there's a huge demand for this kind of thing, because people buy them
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanstine View Post
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=58091

So it is perhaps DC's version of Marvel's Civil War...?
    Whoa, so more than 1 website is reporting this? Sounds like where there's smoke, there's fire!

Hmm...it sure would be nice if this Trinity War spiced things up with the long-promised returns of Donna and Wally or maybe Stephanie and Cassandra.

HaHaHaHa This should be interesting thread,Erh uhm DC is above doing gimmicks...DC isn't doing events like marvel i am glad DC is so classy....Heroes at DC don't fight each other...of course this is wild speculation but it is just will be fun to see DC fanboys take 360 turn to defend their company and sell why this is good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Otchofriend View Post
    And it would give Wonder Woman a great deal of attention from both fans and the media. More attention for WW is almost always a good thing in my book.

BANNED

Only one of those characters is good, therefore only 1/3rd of it will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    HaHaHaHa This should be interesting thread,Erh uhm DC is above doing gimmicks...DC isn't doing events like marvel i am glad DC is so classy....Heroes at DC don't fight each other...of course this is wild speculation but it is just will be fun to see DC fanboys take 360 turn to defend their company and sell why this is good thing.
    Eh, yes and no. Sure, the superhero war idea is a copy. But a literal copy would be like Justice League Vs. Teen Titans or Justice League Vs. Legion Of Super-Heroes.

A Marvel Trinity War would be more like Captain America, Iron Man and Thor all battling it out.

Interesting. I don't have a problem with this. Could be cool if done right.

If this event actually happens I can't imagine it will make Superman look good at all especially if he has difficulty with anything not involving Kryptonite. If this isn't just a rumor and this event actually happens I expect some bad showings from Superman.

The last line seems pretty important:

Or it could be about a character from the Matrix. Seriously, haven’t a clue. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    This better not be a hero vs hero thing. These three are smart enough to work out their issues without resorting to fighting. Lets keep the hero vs hero stiff at marvel.
    That's my big concern. I can't imagine this being done without character derailment, which is what has happened in Marvel's similar events as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    If this event actually happens I can't imagine it will make Superman look good at all especially if he has difficulty with anything not involving Kryptonite. If this isn't just a rumor and this event actually happens I expect some bad showings from Superman.
    Well, we've already had Superboy as a quasi-villain in his own book. And allegedly Wonder Girl is the daughter of Ares, God of War.

As for Batman's supporting cast, there are plenty of shady characters there. Depending on how it plays out, we might even get some very cool spinoffs out of this. A 2nd WW book is a real longshot, but maybe another Superman title? Depending on which heroes took which side, this might also lead to a 3rd Wave of New 52 books. Doom Patrol? The Atom? Metal Men? Who knows?