Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Two Headed Sex Beast View Post
    I still don't agree about Supes not feeling the urge to go. If anything the power of his super bladder would force his wiz out of his body more so than human wiz in a human body. Not to get graphic but Superman's stream probably has got the strength of a big ol' fire hose going full bore. There's no way he doesn't feel that building up inside of himself.
    Clark has fine control over his muscles. All of his muscles. So stuff like taking a piss isn't going to be more intense or less intense than it needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    Clark has fine control over his muscles. All of his muscles. So stuff like taking a piss isn't going to be more intense or less intense than it needs to be.
    That's a shame.

..for whom the bell tolls The Frozen Reptile's Avatar

Do you think the waste product would be indestructible too? It seems like everything else from Krypton is.
    "Make yourself comfortable, I haven’t time to attend to it." - With these words, a legend was born.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frozen Reptile View Post
    Do you think the waste product would be indestructible too? It seems like everything else from Krypton is.
    Don't know. Who would want to destroy it and why?

So once in a while , citizens of metropolis will experience golden raindrops and smelly hard rock raining down on them when it's just superman taking a whiz or a dump in the sky ?

..for whom the bell tolls The Frozen Reptile's Avatar

Would they call them Kryptocopulites?
    "Make yourself comfortable, I haven’t time to attend to it." - With these words, a legend was born.

Being Superman could not be normal from all this discussion. And it sure seems he does a lot of controlling and repressing and suppressing of his body's needs and desires. It must be a nightmare to be Superman and be forced to behave like humans or follow our routine/body clocks etc. How is he not insane yet?

The need for a shower when he has his powers was due to the fact that his body he didn't get dirty.
    um...you might want to reword this.

He didn't sweat and any pair of clothing up close to his skin, didn't reek of body odor. His use of the shower was mostly out of habit and not need.
    As has been addressed in a few panels over the past few decades, generally in passing.

As to going to the bathroom, the writers didn't focus on it because it wasn't that big a deal. I haven't read "Critical Condition", so I don't know what it says.
    We never see Batman use the loo, either (and Grayson(?) in the old Titans title had a humourous expansion on this when the Titans were on some island), but he's human. With Superman, his metabolic efficiency is something which has been highlighted over the years, explaining why he can hold his breath for so long or breath air that would be harmful to humans, drink vast amounts of water and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frozen Reptile View Post
    Would they call them Kryptocopulites?
    I think that's what they call them when they're not in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by kylesgirl View Post
    Being Superman could not be normal from all this discussion. And it sure seems he does a lot of controlling and repressing and suppressing of his body's needs and desires. It must be a nightmare to be Superman and be forced to behave like humans or follow our routine/body clocks etc. How is he not insane yet?
    There's something in Superman's suit that keeps him from losing his marbles all over the floor. It works on the same principle as the nicotine patch. It releases sanity directly into his body through his pores and keeps him from thinking he's hungry, smelly, or political.

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by brik-el View Post
    He has done this in the Post-Crisis Universe. Which issue exactly? I'm not sure at the moment, but I know I've seen it. Sorry for the half-butt answer.
    I remember there was a one-shot focusing on what it was The League did whenever they were off-duty. The cover had Superman eating a sandwich or something.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by kylesgirl View Post
    No, it just means that when he's Superman, he doesn't have to be stopped by the urge to take a piss while fighting an armada of alien invaders. Or was lost in space, with no place to stop and go.

No, it just means that when he's Superman, he doesn't have to be stopped by the urge to take a piss while fighting an armada of alien invaders. Or was lost in space, with no place to stop and go.
    He wouldn't have to stop anywhere in space to do his business. In space no one can hear you pee.

Seems like all the more reason Superman SHOULD sleep in. Dude needs a respite so he doesn't in fact go insane.

Can you imagine the damage an insane Superman would do to this world we live in? I know I don't want to. It's too much for me to handle.