Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ..for whom the bell tolls The Frozen Reptile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    No, it doesn't. When Clark wakes up after having enough sleep, he's just fine and dandy. He drinks coffee because he likes the taste of it. Only when he has no powers, will he feel sluggish and thus drinks coffee the same way most folks do.
    I know I have no powers until that first cup of joe in the morning...
    "Make yourself comfortable, I haven’t time to attend to it." - With these words, a legend was born.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I slept in yesterday. True story.
    Same here.

Why are people saying Superman can't get tired? Sure, things that would tire a normal person wouldn't cause him to get tired at all..but things like going all out against villains sure can. It's just he doesn't need sleep in order to regain his energy, the sun does that for him. This doesn't mean he wouldn't gain anything from sleeping if he was exhausted, it just means sleep wouldn't be the only way to rest up.

He really doesn't need to sleep or eat, he does so partly out of habit and partly to feel more human. Though I guess one might wonder how he forces himself to go to sleep if he isn't tired, but who knows he probably has a super power that takes care of that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frozen Reptile View Post
    I think disguising himself as a coffee shop would probably speed him up once the caffeine kicks in...and the sugar from the doughnuts.
    Honestly I'd be surprised if caffeine even affected him. Or if it did, it would probably take massive amounts of the stuff. Just like I don't think drugs or alcohol do anything for him. Maybe he has a stash of Kryptonian coffee somewhere.
    Last edited by Surtur; 05-09-2012 at 09:23 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

It was explained that Clark's powers gave him incredible stamina. As a result, he could get by on one hour's worth of sleep where normal people need at least eight hours. When he goes to sleep, he does so because he knows that he needs sleep. Not so much that he desires it. After a hard day or even a week of fighting and using his powers regularly, which would tax him, then he would be exhausted and thus need sufficient rest. That's why I mentioned "Time & Time Again" earlier. Clark was on the go a lot after the second issue and as a result, he was very exhausted by the time of the epilogue issue when he finally made it back to Lois. But at the end of a routine day, he's not overtly exhausted. He just goes to sleep because he's conditioned to do so. This applies to the Post Crisis continuity. Who knows how it works today.

No, it doesn't. When Clark wakes up after having enough sleep, he's just fine and dandy. He drinks coffee because he likes the taste of it. Only when he has no powers, will he feel sluggish and thus drinks coffee the same way most folks do.
    So just to clarify if caffeine doesn't effect Superman's body the same way it effects human people does that mean that Superman doesn't have to take a super wiz after he drinks a super big coffee?

Nope. He goes when he has to.

Nope. He goes when he has to.
    He goes when he has to or did you mean to say that he goes when he WANTS to? Because by saying he goes when he has to seems to back up the idea that he would in fact be effected by coffee because coffee or caffeine specifically is was causes one to empty their bladder.

..for whom the bell tolls The Frozen Reptile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Two Headed Sex Beast View Post
    He goes when he has to or did you mean to say that he goes when he WANTS to? Because by saying he goes when he has to seems to back up the idea that he would in fact be effected by coffee because coffee or caffeine specifically is was causes one to empty their bladder.
    Do Kryptonians even have bladders? They look like us on the outside but we don't know what their internal organ systems are like. I always thought it was stupid when they operated on his brain in the "Sand Superman" Saga, How did they know Kryptonian physiology to make sure they were operating in the right spot?
    "Make yourself comfortable, I haven’t time to attend to it." - With these words, a legend was born.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frozen Reptile View Post
    Do Kryptonians even have bladders? They look like us on the outside but we don't know what their internal organ systems are like. I always thought it was stupid when they operated on his brain in the "Sand Superman" Saga, How did they know Kryptonian physiology to make sure they were operating in the right spot?
    He has to have a bladder. Just has to.

His body is not like ours when he has his powers. He doesn't feel the same things we feel. He can drink fifteen cups of coffee and go for hours without having to take a piss. It doesn't hurt like it does for us. When he knows that he has to go, then he goes. Not because he wants to.

I thought his metabolism and general bodily functions were super-efficient and he didn't need to use the loo, and didn't need to shower, either (he only did so in Krisis because he'd been turned human rather than depowered)...

His body is not like ours when he has his powers. He doesn't feel the same things we feel. He can drink fifteen cups of coffee and go for hours without having to take a piss. It doesn't hurt like it does for us. When he knows that he has to go, then he goes. Not because he wants to.
    I find this hard to believe. If Superman drank fifteen cups of ANYTHING he would most definitely have to take a wiz. Why? It's an issue of space. Superman only has so much room inside his body to hold the fluids he drinks. Being an alien doesn't change that. He's not like Dr. Who's T.A.R.D.I.S. He's not bigger on the inside. Maybe he can hold it longer but at some point if he keeps drinking coffee he will overflow like the dam in the first Superman movie.

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    I thought his metabolism and general bodily functions were super-efficient and he didn't need to use the loo, and didn't need to shower, either (he only did so in Krisis because he'd been turned human rather than depowered)...
    The need for a shower when he has his powers was due to the fact that his body he didn't get dirty. He didn't sweat and any pair of clothing up close to his skin, didn't reek of body odor. His use of the shower was mostly out of habit and not need. As to going to the bathroom, the writers didn't focus on it because it wasn't that big a deal. I haven't read "Critical Condition", so I don't know what it says.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Headed Sex Beast
    I find this hard to believe. If Superman drank fifteen cups of ANYTHING he would most definitely have to take a wiz. Why? It's an issue of space. Superman only has so much room inside his body to hold the fluids he drinks. Being an alien doesn't change that. He's not like Dr. Who's T.A.R.D.I.S. He's not bigger on the inside. Maybe he can hold it longer but at some point if he keeps drinking coffee he will overflow like the dam in the first Superman movie.
    You're confusing never not needing to go, with not feeling the urge to do so. The former is true of him, while the latter is only in effect when he has his powers. That's why in the stories where he's gone for days and doesn't have a chance to hit the head, he's not bothered because he's not feeling the urge to go. His muscles are strong and will not succumb to that kind of pressure. When he's done and he has time, then he will take care of business.
    Last edited by Mat001; 01-14-2013 at 11:01 AM.

The need for a shower when he has his powers was due to the fact that his body he didn't get dirty. He didn't sweat and any pair of clothing up close to his skin, didn't reek of body odor. His use of the shower was mostly out of habit and not need. As to going to the bathroom, the writers didn't focus on it because it wasn't that big a deal. I haven't read "Critical Condition", so I don't know what it says.

[quot=Two Headed Sex Beast]I find this hard to believe. If Superman drank fifteen cups of ANYTHING he would most definitely have to take a wiz. Why? It's an issue of space. Superman only has so much room inside his body to hold the fluids he drinks. Being an alien doesn't change that. He's not like Dr. Who's T.A.R.D.I.S. He's not bigger on the inside. Maybe he can hold it longer but at some point if he keeps drinking coffee he will overflow like the dam in the first Superman movie.
    You're confusing never not needing to go, with not feeling the urge to do so. The former is true of him, while the latter is only in effect when he has his powers. That's why in the stories where he's gone for days and doesn't have a chance to hit the head, he's not bothered because he's not feeling the urge to go. His muscles are strong and will not succumb to that kind of pressure. When he's done and he has time, then he will take care of business.[/QUOTE]

I still don't agree about Supes not feeling the urge to go. If anything the power of his super bladder would force his wiz out of his body more so than human wiz in a human body. Not to get graphic but Superman's stream probably has got the strength of a big ol' fire hose going full bore. There's no way he doesn't feel that building up inside of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post

So if he doesn't shower does he use a crystal deodorant sorta like a hippie? I'm just guessing it would be a crystal from The Fortress of Solitude or his ship at his parents house. Instead of Tom's of Maine it would be Clarks of Kansas.