Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Just thought of another one: Puppet Master.

He dies, apparently blowing himself up to avoid being captured by Ms. Marvel who has a little drama about it since she could have stopped him but didn't. Then Puppet Master shows up in Villains For Hire. I have no idea how he came back to life or, at least, was retconned out of dying in the explosion.

How can you make a thread like this one and not include jean grey? she's the poster child of death/resurection in comics.
    I would also add kraven, and i believe mephisto should count (since it took ten years or so before he came back, and hus death was a pretty big deal)
    "you bag on the pigeon, and then you chop up a quote and run it out of context to link me to the pigeon. Hello?" Dan Slott

Quote Originally Posted by Rock69 View Post
    Yeah but how many Mysterios were there? How many deaths? And they always come back...and pretty fast.

Villains' deaths are...meh. I will only include if it was a big deal.
    You're right it was a villain death, but I gotta say.. it was a pretty big deal. It was in "Guardian Devil" by Kevin Smith. In the story, he almost drives daredevil to insanity. Daredevil almost kills a baby. And Mysterio ends up blowing his own brains out in the end. It's really decisive. It was clear that he was intended to stay dead.. and it was the original Mysterio, not one of the fakes.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

For instance: Storm showed up again 10-15 issues later or so (as a child, so we didn't really know if it was the same Storm). But her death was so shocking to the X-Men that the team was disbanded shortly after it. And it really did seem like she died.
    It was only 5 issues later. She "died" in 248 and returned as a kid in 253.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

I dare anyone trying to explain, in a clear way, how Adam Warlock and Legion died and came back.

And I actually read the Legion story from New Mutants and I still don't understand it.
    It's not fully explained, but I kind of assumed Wanda dragged him back after HoM. It just took them a bit to discover his return.

Or after AOA, he just returned to the 616 timeline, but at a more recent point in time.

Regardless, he hadn't been back that long. But he did spend time with the little girl Marci, before he (one of his personalities) killed her.

As for Adam Warlock, I was under the impression that his death was simple faked.

Re: Puppetmaster. Either an LMD, a Skrull, a Space Phantom, or something "died" in that explosion. It's weird, because Carol supposedly stood there and watched his body be ripped apart by the bomb just for kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblefive View Post
    i believe mephisto should count (since it took ten years or so before he came back, and hus death was a pretty big deal)
    Mephisto doesn't die. Period.
    Last edited by The Black Guardian; 04-19-2012 at 09:01 PM.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post

I meant mysterio. sorry.
    "you bag on the pigeon, and then you chop up a quote and run it out of context to link me to the pigeon. Hello?" Dan Slott

How can you make a thread like this one and not include jean grey? she's the poster child of death/resurection in comics.
    I would also add kraven, and i believe mephisto should count (since it took ten years or so before he came back, and hus death was a pretty big deal)
    Bah, villains. Boring, they die all the time (Kraven was the exception but still...)

Jean Grey is not there because she hasn't come back again. When she does (and she will, surely) she'll be included.

It was only 5 issues later. She "died" in 248 and returned as a kid in 253.
    But at the time (and we weren't as cynical as we are now...no internet) we didn't really know if that kid was the real Storm. So it was still a mystery for a while and her death was quite graphic.
    Last edited by Rock69; 04-20-2012 at 07:16 AM.

It's not fully explained, but I kind of assumed Wanda dragged him back after HoM. It just took them a bit to discover his return.

Or after AOA, he just returned to the 616 timeline, but at a more recent point in time.

Regardless, he hadn't been back that long. But he did spend time with the little girl Marci, before he (one of his personalities) killed her.

As for Adam Warlock, I was under the impression that his death was simple faked.

Re: Puppetmaster. Either an LMD, a Skrull, a Space Phantom, or something "died" in that explosion. It's weird, because Carol supposedly stood there and watched his body be ripped apart by the bomb just for kicks.

Yeah but what about the whole "Legion was found inside a concret box" or somethin? That story belongs to Vertigo.

As for Warlock well...I don't remember the end of Infinity Watch, which I believe was his last appearance for a while.

Yeah...Mephisto dying zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bah, villains. Boring, they die all the time (Kraven was the exception but still...)

Jean Grey is not there because she hasn't come back again. When she does (and she will, surely) she'll be included.
    she came back from the phoenix saga (granted, the phoenix was only a part of jean grey, but still, one of the most famous death on comics).
    And she already came back from her death in planet x during one of those deathsong/warsong mini, only to be killed repeatedly by wolverine...

she came back from the phoenix saga (granted, the phoenix was only a part of jean grey, but still, one of the most famous death on comics).
    And she already came back from her death in planet x during one of those deathsong/warsong mini, only to be killed repeatedly by wolverine...
    I'm still not sure if I consider Endsong as another reincarnation...was that truly Jean or some weird embodiment of her by the Phoenix? That was confusing and I've never seen any character referencing that storyline yet.

But at the time (and we weren't as cynical as we are now...no internet) we didn't really know if that kid was the real Storm. So it was still a mystery for a while and her death was quite graphic.
    There was no reason to think it wasn't her. How many blue-eyed, white-haired, black girls who can control weather are there? We'd already seen numerous deagings in the past. It was no big deal, really. There was no mystery to it.

Yeah but what about the whole "Legion was found inside a concret box" or somethin? That story belongs to Vertigo.
    There was nothing really weird about that.

As for Warlock well...I don't remember the end of Infinity Watch, which I believe was his last appearance for a while.
    Well, he didn't die then. After Infinity Watch, the Infinity Gems were removed from the Marvel Universe. He sought them out, mostly behind the scenes, going to the Ultraverse for a while (in the Rune series). Then later, he got his own series, where he was trying to get in touch with his emotions... Mistake! Didn't last long. Then there was Infinity Abyss. Then Marvel: The End. Then he got re-imagined, with a new origin or something (not even sure if it's canon). Then there were those She-Hulk issues vs. the Champion of the Universe, where he was beaten so badly he had to re-cocoon himself. He comes back for the Annihilation stuff and hooks up with the GotG, eventually becoming the Magus again... and is seemingly killed. But this was a fakeout. He was then working for the evil Cancerverse people, but seems to have been killed again for his failures.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

So why include Sabretooth or Mystique on the list?

Anyway, its not the villain deaths I find interesting, its the retcon/resurrections.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sparky View Post
    So why include Sabretooth or Mystique on the list?

Anyway, its not the villain deaths I find interesting, its the retcon/resurrections.
    Because those deaths were pretty graphic. It wasn't just "Hmmm it seems he is dead". Sabretooth was beheaded and Mystique gutted by Wolverine.

Dr. Doom, on the other hand, "died" many times and so many other villains.

Namor's old sparring partner, Dr. Lemuel Dorcas, just returned in THUNDERBOLTS#171. After seemingly meeting his maker way back in Super-Villain Team-Up#3 Vol. I, after killing the Sub-Mariner's first human friend, Betty Dean Prentiss. And the means by which the mad scientist behind the creations of Namor's foes, Tiger Shark, and Orca, enabled him to survive, didn't make him any prettier.
    http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1...rcas_large.jpg
    And if you think that pic of him is bad, wait when you see the shirt come off.
    Last edited by The One and Only; 05-01-2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Mistakes