Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Yes,It makes sense considering that Avengers now holds about every major hero in Marvel universe,The success push the whole Marvel line now seriously the New Avengers
    has Wolverine(xmen)Spider man(FF) Thing(FF),Doctor Strange,Daredevil,Iron Fist,Captain Marvel and Luke cage.Avengers has Captain America,Iron Man,Thor,Hawkeye,Storm(xmen),Red Hulk and Secret Avenger has Captain Britain,Moon Knight,War Machine,Venom,Black Widow,Beast(xmen),original Human Torch,War Machine,Giant man,and Antman.If the Avengers could find a way to add Ghost Rider,Punisher and Blade they would have every major hero at Marvel.

As huge Xmen fan i have no problem with Marvel pushing the Avengers because success Avengers moves every book at Marvel forward beside when Cyclops and Wolverine Xmen rejoin the Xmen line will be huge strenght again.

I don't think so. People who don't read comics weren't really aware that Iron Man, Captain America, & Thor were even Avengers until recently. Aside from those three they probably couldn't name other Avengers with the possible exceptions of Hawkeye, Black Widow, & the Hulk. It's much easier for people to not only remember X-Men but X-Men enemies. I doubt anyone who doesn't read comics could tell you who an Avengers villain is. The X-Men have had more movies than the Avengers, and they've had more successful cartoons. Maybe if all this Avengers stuff kept coming over the next few years things would change, but right now the X-Men are still bigger.

For me, once women pine after Chris Evans as much as Hugh Jackman, then we can talk. ;)

ask again in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    I don't think so. People who don't read comics weren't really aware that Iron Man, Captain America, & Thor were even Avengers until recently. Aside from those three they probably couldn't name other Avengers with the possible exceptions of Hawkeye, Black Widow, & the Hulk. It's much easier for people to not only remember X-Men but X-Men enemies. I doubt anyone who doesn't read comics could tell you who an Avengers villain is. The X-Men have had more movies than the Avengers, and they've had more successful cartoons. Maybe if all this Avengers stuff kept coming over the next few years things would change, but right now the X-Men are still bigger.

Guys, use "The Grandma Test" when talking about noncomic fans, or the general public think of your grandma.

How many X-men villains does your grandma know? how many Avengers villains does your grandma know?

How many x-men, or avengers does your grandma know? (Not applicable to all grandmas, if your grandma has passed on, or reads comics you may wish to use someone else's grandma)

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    For me, once women pine after Chris Evans as much as Hugh Jackman, then we can talk. ;)
    All the women I know are like... So um... this movie... Avengers... Chris Hemsworth is in it right? Thor?

yes...

Okay! So whens it come out?

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    As this stage, I think Disney will only get the rights for Spider-man and X-men when hell freezes over.

Sony and Fox will do everything possible to hold onto those rights forever.

Even if it means re-boots on and on...
    If only someone could make an X-Men movie with their fighting throughout giant robotic Sentinels. Some guy named Michael Bay has made a lot of money on another franchise entertaining audiences worldwide with such special effects. Isn't it about time to let go the debacle of "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow"?

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

i more readily recall scenes from the x-movies (including Wolverine) than i do any of the Avengers movies. but i'm hoping that will change.

p.s. both franchises make the Fantastic Four seem irrelevant.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    i more readily recall scenes from the x-movies (including Wolverine) than i do any of the Avengers movies. but i'm hoping that will change.

p.s. both franchises make the Fantastic Four seem irrelevant.
    Marvel's first family is more like their ugly step child now.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ronin View Post
    All the women I know are like... So um... this movie... Avengers... Chris Hemsworth is in it right? Thor?

yes...

Okay! So whens it come out?
    Yeah, I can vouch for that. That's what my wife says.

Peace

I'll reserve judgement 'til after the movie drops.

But from what I'm hearing its nearly a foregone conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ronin View Post
    Guys, use "The Grandma Test" when talking about noncomic fans, or the general public think of your grandma.
    The Grandma test fails because the Internet was not around when grandma,Hell cable was not around for your grandma.What does that mean is a small percentage of people know about something in grandma time to now.As your Grandma about the Green Lantern or Wolverine she might know ask teenager or kid in school who these character and they would know them why.The Internet it is easier to get information.

More people in modern era know about stuff because they have access to more media,People might have no interest comics but Wolverine,Iron man and Green lantern were advertise to death and their more people in population now than in your grandma age.

Simple put i have more faith every elementary school children(they are more of them than grandma) know who the avengers are due ad blitzes than grandma and co knowing about it and lot of them are dead

Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    The Grandma test fails because the Internet was not around when grandma,Hell cable was not around for your grandma.What does that mean is a small percentage of people know about something in grandma time to now.As your Grandma about the Green Lantern or Wolverine she might know ask teenager or kid in school who these character and they would know them why.The Internet it is easier to get information.

More people in modern era know about stuff because they have access to more media,People might have no interest comics but Wolverine,Iron man and Green lantern were advertise to death and their more people in population now than in your grandma age.

Simple put i have more faith every elementary school children(they are more of them than grandma) know who the avengers are due ad blitzes than grandma and co knowing about it and lot of them are dead
    The Grandma Test succeeds because it gets someone outside of the insular comic book industry and fans. Seriously You think Average guy #3 is ont he internet visiting websites talking about "The Avengers" movie or what not?

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I'll reserve judgement 'til after the movie drops.

But from what I'm hearing its nearly a foregone conclusion.
    still, it's not going to beat out Spider-man. and i'm not talking about sales. i just think that Spidey is more well known by people than the Avengers. my parents wouldn't sit through Thor or Captain America; even after i tricked them into watching the Incredible Hulk. and the avengers joining up doesn't mean anything to them. my dad knows who the hulk is. he even knows who iron man is. but i'm not sure that he has any attachment to the Avengers.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    still, it's not going to beat out Spider-man. and i'm not talking about sales. i just think that Spidey is more well known by people than the Avengers. my parents wouldn't sit through Thor or Captain America; even after i tricked them into watching the Incredible Hulk. and the avengers joining up doesn't mean anything to them. my dad knows who the hulk is. he even knows who iron man is. but i'm not sure that he has any attachment to the Avengers.

See! See! Thats the grandma test at work! (though its not a grandma in this case)

Monty Cristo is right, Spider-Man is a whole 'nother level of fame and wareness when it comes to people outside of fans and the industry.