Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334 LastLast
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    The short answer yes.

You go anywhere you see Avengers and it's at a all time high, it's has redefined the comic book movie and team.
    First Class dropped, no toys, Anime was a joke and mostly panned. It's likely *not change while it's under Fox! Marvel flag ship is the Avengers. Disney's cash cow and priority is the Avengers, not the X-men. The Avengers is the franchise that makes them the most money.

First Class came out, a soft reboot, heardly any toys, kids books or anything. The G4 Anime was critically panned, Wolverine first move the same. No one is talking about the X-men. Walk into your Target, Walmarts, or local grocery...you see kids books telling the origins of the Avengers..and this has been going on since Ironman.

It occurs..when christopher reeve nailed Superman..that was the it franchise, until Tim Burtons Batman, and then the current Batman. Superman isn't bigger then Batman right now. It could change though.

The Avengers = Batman
    The X-men = Superman

Right now the Avengers are just as well known...and are probably more so because of this film...and the others will just seal the deal.
    ironically, it was adding Wolverine to the team that got us here.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    Got us where? To the piddly, meaningless world of comic book sales?

The Avengers movie made a billion dollars. Comic books are irrelevant now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    The same way I can say that I hate USC, but still love college football.
    The fact that you hate USC suggests that you should be banned.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    The same way I can say that I hate USC, but still love college football.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake V View Post

I agree. Finally someone who isn't a mark to the business.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

I think that The Avengers being just about the only property that Marvel didn't license out indefinitely when they needed the cash is what got us here.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Are the Avengers now bigger than the X-men in pop culture?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    The fact that you hate USC suggests that you should be banned.
    haha, right, because USC sets the standard for collegiate athletics. smh
    Prophet, Atomic Robo, Morning Glories, Whispers, Fatale, Saga, Revival, X-O Manowar, Dial H, Mouse Guard, Nowhere Men, Manhattan Projects, Think Tank

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jake V View Post

durrr. would there have been any interest in an Avengers movie without the books?
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Once they figure out the right choice of actual X-men to use, I'm sure the X-characters can be back on top again. I'm very curious for the new "The first X-men" book coming out. They maybe reinventing the characters ala' Ultimitize them a bit. Without the Ultimate influence, I doubt Avengers would be where it is today.

durrr. would there have been any interest in an Avengers movie without the books?
    The vast majority of the people who've seen it have never read a comic book and have no interest in doing so.

Again, the operative word in this thread is "now".

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    Once they figure out the right choice of actual X-men to use, I'm sure the X-characters can be back on top again. I'm very curious for the new "The first X-men" book coming out. They maybe reinventing the characters ala' Ultimitize them a bit. Without the Ultimate influence, I doubt Avengers would be where it is today.
    Agreed. Bomb and "mystery redhead" will take the X men to a billion dollar opening weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    Agreed. Bomb and "mystery redhead" will take the X men to a billion dollar opening weekend.
    Who should play Bomb? I was thinking Jayden Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallifrey View Post
    Which kind of reinforces the point. Marvel didn't see First Class merch as anything other than a risky venture.

Avengers merchandising OTOH... well Marvel's all over that. Surefire winner.

Or...they didn't see any point in pushing toys for a movie they didn't make.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    Or...they didn't see any point in pushing toys for a movie they didn't make.
    Right. That my point. They will not get the same support.

Still, the Avengers movies have been FAR BETTER then the X-men. This is the first billion dollar movie for Marvel! It was done by the Avengers, not the X-men! This is Avatar level movie with hype and sales. It's big.

The X-men have never been on this level. I'm sorry. That's the truth. Maybe fox will pull it together with 2nd Class and the Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Right. That my point. They will not get the same support.

Still, the Avengers movies have been FAR BETTER then the X-men. This is the first billion dollar movie for Marvel! It was done by the Avengers, not the X-men! This is Avatar level movie with hype and sales. It's big.

The X-men have never been on this level. I'm sorry. That's the truth. Maybe fox will pull it together with 2nd Class and the Wolverine.
    Just the first Iron Man movie I would say has been far better...maybe. Avengers is good, but I would say the best parts of First Class are better than that some of best parts of Avengers.

The Avengers is no were near the level of hype Avatar had, Avatar hype was crazy...people wanted to kill themselves because they couldn't live in the world of that movie. It's also got over another billion to go before it comes close to Avatar sales, so it isn't Avatar big.
    Last edited by Simbob4000; 05-14-2012 at 09:34 PM.