Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RDMacQ View Post
    And now it's up to the X-Men to take it to the next level again. I think the Avengers raised the bar. But I also think that the X-Men are capable of clearing it.
    I'm sure they will try. But the Avengers format is different. Not sure they can really copy it. They can try though.

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    Yes they do, Fox has Josh Trank lined up to do a new Fantastic Four movie. There's also talk that they've got David Slade for their new Daredevil movie.
    One movie ?? If this is true,it means that Fox is going on the cheap again and wants a director that they can keep their thumb on. I'd rather see someone with more of a resume than this.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    I'm sure they will try. But the Avengers format is different. Not sure they can really copy it. They can try though.
    they don't have to copy the format; just the scale. the characters are familiar to the movie-going audience now. Hugh Jackman is popular because of X-Men. X-men elevated Michael Fassbender's status in the acting world. all they need now is to bring in a couple other a-list actors (and primarily use characters like Nightcrawler, Colossus, Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops, etc) and elevate the threat the X-Men face. my advice would be to use the sentinels and/or Operation Zero Tolerance. the X-Men work better as underdogs.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gallifrey View Post
    Maybe time for Marvel to give that Michael Chabon pitch for an FF movie some serious (re)consideration...
    they'd do better to focus on the smaller properties like Daredevil. they've set the bar pretty high with Avengers. Fantastic Four will never match that. the Thing will always pale in comparison to the Hulk. and Doom will always pale in comparison to Thanos. with Murdock, they have a shot at developing a real trilogy. he has so much background that hasn't been touched; his training for instance. they could even end it with him snapping/declaring himself Kingpin of New York like in the books. and while it might be heavy on fight choreography, it wouldn't have to be CGI intensive like FF. just imagine the greatest martial arts film ever filmed in present day marvel New York; black suited hand ninja flooding the streets and rooftops. and then Daredevil and Izo in the midst of it; kicking @$$. if only Black Widow could show up. i kind of want chris pine for Murdock. he's the right age and has a great build for the costume (strong jaw, reddish hair, etc).

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KeGucR5Fce...nstoppable.jpg

my choice for Kingpin would be Vincent D'Onofrio. guy's a new yorker, well over 6'3, heavyset, and a decent character actor.
    http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/En....lc.092110.jpg
    Last edited by Monty_Cristo; 05-11-2012 at 11:10 AM.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    Doom will always pale in comparison to Thanos.
    Wait Wait What,Come on now Dr Doom is the villain. If Marvel could they would use Dr Doom before they use Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    Wait Wait What,Come on now Dr Doom is the villain. If Marvel could they would use Dr Doom before they use Thanos.
    Or Magneto so it would make more sense for the twins to be part of the Avenger.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

The Fantastic Four needs a Joel Schumaker-Batman level comeback though. Maybe what they should with the Fox FF movies do is what Fox did with the first slapdash Roger Corman FF. Buy it and then retire so it doesn't see the light of day for a long time.

It is kind of ironic that Doom is the veritable workhorse in the comics with many writers sometimes colliding stories with each other when they use it. Yet Thanos seldom gets used. He just lacks the versatility.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

So what are the chances of Marvel Studios stealing F4 rights since they are set to expire soon?

Marvel could really use Silver Surfer in Avengers 3 if they're facing threats like Thanos now.

they don't have to copy the format; just the scale. the characters are familiar to the movie-going audience now. Hugh Jackman is popular because of X-Men. X-men elevated Michael Fassbender's status in the acting world. all they need now is to bring in a couple other a-list actors (and primarily use characters like Nightcrawler, Colossus, Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops, etc) and elevate the threat the X-Men face. my advice would be to use the sentinels and/or Operation Zero Tolerance. the X-Men work better as underdogs.
    Nah. DC's Justice League is the only thing that can fit this template. You can have your solo movies then one big movie...in a few years. X_men work better together than solo. Nobody wants to see a NightCrawler movie.

Quote Originally Posted by WaveHeater View Post
    So what are the chances of Marvel Studios stealing F4 rights since they are set to expire soon?

Marvel could really use Silver Surfer in Avengers 3 if they're facing threats like Thanos now.
    They need to make this happen. It would make everyone happy.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

BANNED

That might work. Doesn't mean they will match the Avengers. It was a exceptional movie. Fox just did a soft reboot, they might need to do a hard reboot. It could work, but Marvel Studios was key in this...I'm not sure Fox can pull it off. Rebooting again?

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    That might work. Doesn't mean they will match the Avengers. It was a exceptional movie. Fox just did a soft reboot, they might need to do a hard reboot. It could work, but Marvel Studios was key in this...I'm not sure Fox can pull it off. Rebooting again?
    I'm not sure they need to reboot. I think we'll have to wait and see what they have planned for the sequel to First Class. I think they were gun shy when that was coming out because they did very little to promote it but it managed to do well and garner some good nods from critics. They laid a good foundation in that movie from which to move a story forward. They've got the X-Men and Brotherhood feud already set up and ready to go. I think the key for them will be how they handle new characters and who those characters are. Will they opt to go with lesser know characters or will Storm, Jean, and Cyclops make it in? That might make the difference. Although I personally didn't mind the focus on 'd-listers' that First Class had. A sequel might allow them to flesh out some of those characters more.

Doom has a humongous drawback as a movie villain: he can't do facial expressions.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Doom has a humongous drawback as a movie villain: he can't do facial expressions.
    Darth Vader seemed to work out pretty well.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    Darth Vader seemed to work out pretty well.
    Vader suffered from the same drawback, but he has James Earl Jones and massively better character design.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

You know what I've seen on the internet lately since Avengers? Besides a lot of love for Agent Coulson, Loki seems to be getting a ton of sympathy for what they see as someone being bullied his whole life which is one of the big issues of today and relates to many people.
    Kind of ironic since the X-Men are are Marvel's symbol of the oppressed and bullied.