Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WaveHeater View Post
    Your just making my point for me: A film with NO Wolverine, Jean, Cyclops, Storm, Ian Mckellan....

And Magneto's presence alone was still enough to beat DCs Green Lantern.

The only other VILLAIN who could pull something off like that is probably Joker.
    Green Lantern was garbage. And the title of the film was X-Men: First Class. Magneto was going to get his own solo film like Wolverine, but they mashed the scripts together because Fox didn't think he could carry a film on his own. Do some research.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    yes. yes you do. otherwise, you'd just be wondering who all these freaks are.
    What? You clearly don't. The solo movies are irrelevent. Avengers shows the characters working together as a team in the final battle. Cap dishing out orders, each member doing something that contributed to the battle. X-Men films never had anything like this. They had 2 or 3 leads, the rest were just background characters. Avengers has at least 5 leads who all get equal treatment and who all work as an actual team.

Again, what do the solo movies have to do with this? You don't need to see the solo movies to understand and appreciate the team aspect of Avengers. If that was the case, then it wouldn't have made more than the highest grossing Marvel film, IM2, in 14 days would it? It isn't just people who saw the solo films watching Avengers, the numbers indicate this. You're so incorrect it's not even funny.

Avengers is strictly a stand alone film that perfects the team aspect that the X films failed to execute. The numbers don't lie.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    The mark has a good point.

The X-Men movies were terrible, that's why. I have to agree with you on these points.

Nope, I highly disagree. You're so wrong you couolldn't find right.
    finally, things are back to normal.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

finally, things are back to normal.
    Our contract of peace has expired. We are officially feuding again.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    Green Lantern was garbage. And the title of the film was X-Men: First Class. Magneto was going to get his own solo film like Wolverine, but they mashed the scripts together because Fox didn't think he could carry a film on his own. Do some research.
    they thought wrong. the movie (at least the good parts) was still pretty much Magneto's story. Shaw was his enemy. Xavier was operating as his conscience. and the ending was basically him redefining himself. everyone else was along for the ride.

What? You clearly don't. The solo movies are irrelevent.
    then what are you bragging about?

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    Our contract of peace has expired. We are officially feuding again.
    damn skippy! *clinks bottles together*

BANNED

they thought wrong. the movie (at least the good parts) was still pretty much Magneto's story. Shaw was his enemy. Xavier was operating as his conscience. and the ending was basically him redefining himself. everyone else was along for the ride.
    I agree with this. Thanks to dat Fass.

then what are you bragging about?
    What am i bragging about? Nothing. I'm trying to explain that Avengers is the best "team" superhero movie. It is, this is undeniable. The actual team aspects, the characters working together as a team. The X-Men films, even though they are about superhero teams, failed to do that. They never worked together as one cohesive unit like they do in the comics. But Avengers does this. And people don't need to see the solo movies to understand and appreciate that. As the insane box office numbers and huge critical acclaim suggests.

I'm struggling to understand how you can't comprehend this.

yes. yes you do. otherwise, you'd just be wondering who all these freaks are.
    By your arguement, everybody must have been confused when the guy who shot the lazers from his eyes and the black broad with white hair showed up at the movie of the guy with bad hair and knifes from his hands and the wimpering girl. And who the heck were the two timming redhead and that bald creepy dude in the wheelchair? So confusing!
    What, it's somehow touched upon during the film. Ah, I see. That's what films do. They tell stories.

Seriously, though. Your arguement is invalid. Though not in detail, all the Avengers backstory is touched upon during the film. From Tony Stark being a bilionaire, genius, playboy, filantropist who wears an armour to Captain America having been frozen for 70 decades and found by SHIELD. Of course seeing all the other films offers a different level of enjoyment for those who have seen the other films, but it stands on it's own. I know people who don't know much about heroes, haven't seen many of the other films, if not any, and have enjoyed it plenty. It really isn't all that complicated.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    By your arguement, everybody must have been confused when the guy who shot the lazers from his eyes and the black broad with white hair showed up at the movie of the guy with bad hair and knifes from his hands and the wimpering girl. And who the heck were the two timming redhead and that bald creepy dude in the wheelchair? So confusing!
    it was confusing up until they introduced themselves. would you like to try again?

it was confusing up until they introduced themselves. would you like to try again?
    Don't need to. Read the rest of the post.

Peace

I agree with this. Thanks to dat Fass.

What am i bragging about? Nothing. I'm trying to explain that Avengers is the best "team" superhero movie. It is, this is undeniable. The actual team aspects, the characters working together as a team. The X-Men films, even though they are about superhero teams, failed to do that. They never worked together as one cohesive unit like they do in the comics. But Avengers does this. And people don't need to see the solo movies to understand and appreciate that. As the insane box office numbers and huge critical acclaim suggests.

I'm struggling to understand how you can't comprehend this.
    i'm struggling to understand how you missed the X-Men working together; constantly? did you completely miss Cylcops shouting out instruction or Xavier doing so telepathically? in the first movie, the brotherhood specifically split the team up so they couldn't act in unison. why? because they were so good at functioning as a unit. "storm, give us some cover." fastball special. distract magneto so someone can sneak up on him with the mutant cure. rogue steal pyro's power while iceman extinguishes his flames. the sentinel fight. banshee and havok. beast and havok. darwin and havok. every mutant used their power in the service of someone else. even the villains displayed a cohesive fight plan.

Don't need to. Read the rest of the post.

Peace
    then why did they start out with solo movies? why not just have them team up in Avengers?

then why did they start out with solo movies? why not just have them team up in Avengers?
    First of all: $$$$$$$ of course.
    Second of all, it the ultimate comic movie experiment. Films with continuity. Like in the comic books.
    But it's the same arguement of is it necessary to read House of M, the Dark Phoenix saga, Second Comming and Civil War to enjoy AvsX? No. Everything you need to know is in the story. Of course, those who have read it may find a different level of enjoyment.

By the same hand, was it necessary to have seen X-Men to understand X-2, X-3 or origins. What About First Class. But I'm sure that those who did were able to spot some Easter eggs. Same thing applies.
    (ON the other hand, it's better to not watch the first GR if you're gonna watch the second).

Peace

By the same hand, was it necessary to have seen X-Men to understand X-2, X-3 or origins.
    yes .................................................. ..............

The EPic Fail in all of this --is the conventional wisdom that comics arent tied to the movies..success..and vice versa.

Small thinking.

Hunger Games. Harry Potter. etc..all have strong ties with their literal counterparts..and both get dough. Only comics segregate its fans.
    Why are certain things accepted in movies but all hell breaks loose if they were done in comics.

Its why comics are still thought of as juvenile.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Make a X-Men film with as much action, heart and humor as the Avengers and it would be a success. A Billion dollar success? Probably not, but it'd beat the pants off the previous sucky X-Men films.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Profit; The individual avengers are each capable of supporting a film franchise separate from the team movie. It was brilliant marketing too that increased anticipation with each film released. Why skip to the moneyshot?
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.