Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Ah, okay, was a bit confused by that. I took Supergods as more as Supers being used as weapons of destruction and tools with a mixture unrelatable and being complete aliens to us but more of an emphasis as being used as WMDs.

Hmm, I'll give Black Summer another read, and see if I feel anything different about it. Also, it seems whenever we talk about comics and writers, we can almost never agree on things. :P
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

I'd like to see DC grab jason aaron, rick remender, or hickman to write some titles.

I think any of them could do better than anyone I can think of at DC atm. Yes, DC has great writers, but snyder is suited more to horror stories, and I'm honestly a little unsure of how lemire would do. Morrison has already had a giant JLA run so I'm not sure he'd be interested. Azzarello, again, a horror guy.

Hickman's contract at marvel is expiring later this year, and all his stories are ending. He hasn't said for sure yet whether he's going to renew, so I suppose there's always a chance we could be seeing him on superman, green lantern, JL, etc. *crosses fingers*
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray II View Post
    Brian K. Vaughn writes some of the best beginnings and middle's of all time. His endings always make me want to punch something.
    The only book I read of his all the way through was Y: The Last Man. The last issue was...not what I expected, but I thought it worked.

spoilers:
    Of course, if you're talking about what happened to 355, then yeah, I kinda wanted to punch something too, but in a good way.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Otchofriend View Post
    Ah, okay, was a bit confused by that. I took Supergods as more as Supers being used as weapons of destruction and tools with a mixture unrelatable and being complete aliens to us but more of an emphasis as being used as WMDs.

Hmm, I'll give Black Summer another read, and see if I feel anything different about it. Also, it seems whenever we talk about comics and writers, we can almost never agree on things. :P
    Oh? Aren't you a big fan of Morrison, Milligan, Gaiman, etc? More interested in independent than mainstream? That's where my bread and better generally lies.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

I think DC should give Alan Moore rights to all of the characters he created and then throw in the rights to Aquaman or Batman, maybe whichever of the two he'd prefer, for good measure. In exchange, Alan Moore writes Justice League for the next ten years. And let him edit himself.

Alternately, Brad Meltzer. ID Crisis was best JLA ever.

Alternately, the other top writers at DC: Snyder, Lemire, Milligan, Morrison. I'd love to see what any of them would do. I expect Morrison probably has some more JL stories to tell.

Alternately, Johns stays forever and gets better at it. He was my number one choice for the job (with Ivan Reis for preference) until he started writing it. It's fine, it's okay, but I keep hoping that it will get better. This is not the Johns JL I was jonesing for.

Of course, I think my Alan Moore idea is the best one in the thread so far. I hope he picks Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    Oh? Aren't you a big fan of Morrison, Milligan, Gaiman, etc? More interested in independent than mainstream? That's where my bread and better generally lies.
    We have the same bread and butter, it's just the methods we disagree on, like of how the bread is toasted, the butter is spread and how butter is used that we disagree on. Horrible analogy but I think you understand what I mean.

Also, I don't view our disagreements as a bad thing, I rather like, adds a great other viewpoint to the matter and reminds me of my good friend. We can almost never like the same stories/writers but we both dearly love the medium.
    The 9th Blog

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I have one question regarding the prospect of Darwyn Cooke being an ongoing writer for JUSTICE LEAGUE: how effective would Cooke be in writing a Justice League in a modern context? THE NEW FRONTIER was brilliant, but it was set in a retro-Silver Age context. The ongoing JUSTICE LEAGUE, set in the New 52 DCU, wouldn't have the same atmosphere.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)

Quote Originally Posted by Otchofriend View Post
    See, and here I thought it was about politics and religion, and not about superheroes at all.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Goddamn i hate the Snyder bandwagon. What part of his work has proved that he would be good for such a book? Dark books? Sure, give him every dark book you want. But the JL? Come on now.
    Just because he does not write blockbuster action comics, does not mean he can't.
    I support Danny LuVisi's Last Man Standing.

Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    Justice League: Judd winick and khory rudolpoh
    I was afraid of saying Judd, but yes, I love the guy, I think he would do a fine job with it.

I want Grant Morrison as long as we don't get any major team changes. Especially now that Barry and Hal are part of the team.
    Be of service to all Comic Book readers and sign: http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...tBlackPanther/

Lots of great suggestions here. I'd also throw in Cullen Bunn's name in as a guy who could probably do a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    See, and here I thought it was about politics and religion, and not about superheroes at all.
    Well, that too but those topics play apart in all of the Ellis hero trilogy but I felt at times... Well... You could say it is all four because they are being used as WMDs, as political machines to make ends meet but at the same time there's a worship and practically cult worship to their power to make those ends meet with politics and superheroes being unrelatable.
    The 9th Blog

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    I was afraid of saying Judd, but yes, I love the guy, I think he would do a fine job with it.
    Hey, after the awesome job he did on Justice League: Generation Lost, I would be so down with him taking over the title. I think he's a great writer.