Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    It's worth nothing that the "dead is dead" rule is a fairly new thing. The Ultimate Universe wasn't even intended to be a "Universe" from the beginning, so some rules were applied along the way.
    Yeah, is there anyone who can link us to the first time the rule was introduced? When was this rule put in place? I only ask because people are bringing in old counter-examples that may have occurred before the rule was made, and I honestly don't know when the rule was made.

Norman. broke this
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

even though we have had some "dead is dead" rules broken (ghost rider, thor, loki, and valkyrie don't count) we all have to admit it's still nothing compared to the amount of times and how many characters died in the 616 verse. Literally about every single major and side character in Marvel has died at least once and then come back. I wonder if people get an award for dying and coming back 20+ times?
    Last edited by Havok C.; 04-17-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok C. View Post
    even though we have had some "dead is dead" rules broken (ghost rider, thor, loki, and valkyrie don't count) we all have to admit it's still nothing compared to the amount of times and how many characters died in the 616 verse. Literally about every single major and side character in Marvel has died at least once and then come back. I wonder if people get an award for dying and coming back 20+ times?
    Agreed with this statement.

Also have to agree the dead is dead rule definitely does not apply to either universe
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok C. View Post
    I think that award has to go to either Thor (who, by my count, has died eleventy times) or Jean Grey (whose entire purpose for existing is to die and be resurrected 37284 times).

I don't mind breaking the rule as long as it furthers the quality of the book / universe. But it's not something to do lightly

The best way to think of "Dead Means Dead" in the UU is that it's meaning directly relates to the "realness" of the universe itself. If it were the real world then all deaths would be 100% final, but since it's a world where aliens and supernatural phenomena exist then death is slightly more lenient. I think it's at a comfortable place in between 616 and real life; Most deaths have meaning and are permanent and, for the most part, the ones who come back have a believable explanation.
    Last edited by Balfro; 04-17-2012 at 10:14 AM.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    The best way to think of "Dead Means Dead" in the UU is that it's meaning directly relates to the "realness" of the universe itself. If it were the real world then all deaths would be 100% final, but since it's a world where aliens and supernatural phenomena exist then death is slightly more lenient. I think it's at a comfortable place in between 616 and real life; Most deaths have meaning and are permanent and, for the most part, the ones who come back have a believable explanation.
    Although I would prefer a harder "Dead Means Dead" stance, this is a pretty accurate description of the way it's been done so far.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xistel View Post
    I don't mind breaking the rule as long as it furthers the quality of the book / universe. But it's not something to do lightly
    I agree here. I don't mind resurrections as long as its done tastefully and in the context of the universe. For example, while there aren't any plans to bring them back, I can see it as possible for Peter and Logan to return since Osborn's been shown to have come back from a bullet to the head in human form and Logan's been shown to be able to heal from taking a nuke (which would definitely reduce your cell count to 0).

As for what we've seen though, Wanda makes sense due to the nature of her powers and the fact that she seemed to be doing something back when she was shot. Madrox was definitely a case of it being broken since it was explained that only by going after the original would the copies be disappear. So unless Logan didn't kill Madrox prime (which in that situation wouldn't make sense) they broke the rule.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Green Goblin, Madrox, and Captain Britain and the rest of the EDI have all been resurrected since Ultimatum.

Dead never meant dead.

As long as they let the writer tell the right story. I'm good with who ever is coming back
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Quote Originally Posted by Number_5 View Post
    Yeah, is there anyone who can link us to the first time the rule was introduced? When was this rule put in place? I only ask because people are bringing in old counter-examples that may have occurred before the rule was made, and I honestly don't know when the rule was made.
    I can't find a link but I feel like it was a little bit before Ultimatum because they wanted people to react to all those deaths.
    Comics are more better.

Mystique... Though she was dead too. I think it's all Jean Grey (Grant) using everybody. Tian, Fury, the X-men, Ultimate X. Maybe even Richards. A grand scheme.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedGhost25 View Post
    Mystique... Though she was dead too. I think it's all Jean Grey (Grant) using everybody. Tian, Fury, the X-men, Ultimate X. Maybe even Richards. A grand scheme.
    When the heck did Mystique die???

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    When the heck did Mystique die???
    The cat Wyo, the cat. But really I don't ever remember her dying.