Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    Oh hell YES.

I don't even mind the pink on Gambit. It's the one bit of refreshing insouciance in an otherwise run of the mill, exceedingly tedious character.
    I've always liked it. It's kind of symbolic of what makes the character fun for me. Gambit is a very non-traditionally masculine character. He wears pink, speaks French, and is the femme in every one of his relationships despite hailing from the "lady-killing gentleman thief" archetype. An interesting subversion in a genre with such rigidly defined gender roles as comic books.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus ex Chris View Post
    That you think it's hilarious is hilarious. Get a clue.
    I think it's hilarious that you think it's hilarious that I think it's hilarious.

You're move.
    "What can change the nature of a man?"

It's not pink, it's magenta...

Magenta is just pink in denial....

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Man, how am i just finding out about this now. This sounds awesome, and with Mann its probably gonna look awesome too. Can't wait.

I don't care if it's been years, I still want Remy to be with Rogue for God's sake. They were amazing. And Marvel killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorlebeau View Post
    I don't care if it's been years, I still want Remy to be with Rogue for God's sake. They were amazing. And Marvel killed it.
    Impossible. Gambit's one true love is Courier.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

I reread the article in the OP as part of the bump, and Sage actually sounds like the perfect adversary for Gambit, based upon Asmus' description of who would make the best enemy to pit Gambit against.
    "Claremazons are made to be punished." - jarrod

Essential reading

Quote Originally Posted by taylorlebeau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Canemacar View Post
    Impossible. Gambit's one true love is Courier.
    Key words in the sentence "were amazing". They haven't been that in over a decade. And its been incredibly painful to read.
    LOL Cane, only the female version imo.

Love your avatar Emerald_616

Quote Originally Posted by emerald_616 View Post
    i reread the article in the op as part of the bump, and sage actually sounds like the perfect adversary for gambit, based upon asmus' description of who would make the best enemy to pit gambit against.
    IT'S MYSTIQUUUUUUEEEE.

mcnmn mnmfnm_______

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    Key words in the sentence "were amazing". They haven't been that in over a decade. And its been incredibly painful to read.
    LOL Cane, only the female version imo.

Love your avatar Emerald_616
    Thank you! It's one of the upcoming covers from this series that another user photoshopped Sage's tattoos onto the woman's face.
    "Claremazons are made to be punished." - jarrod

Essential reading

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKWINGS View Post
    Artist like Joe Mad, Chris Bachalo, and Humberto Ramos have made me absolutely love the classic Gambit costume - neon pink including. Between the pink eyes and the pink powers, the neon pink torso just adds flare to the black tights and brown trenchcoat. With that said, I still really like his X-Treme costume - so I'm cool with both. I generally don't like the "head sock" thing, but the artists I listed have made it look good.

Practicality is boring, and I'm assuming that many fans read comics to escape to a world that isn't restricted by the same rules and laws of "practicality" that this world is bound by. I definitely agree that a costume should reflect a character's personality and niche - but I would hate to see a costume's aesthetic limited due to issues of practicality. I'm not saying that a costume should be overtly obnoxious and flamboyant - only that practicality should not be the deciding factor.
    To be perfectly honest, I don't have a problem with bright colours. Just how those bright colours are configured is a problem.

You're right, though. When Joe Mad drew Uncanny X-Men, I thought each and every X-Men looked good...except Cyclops (I can't forgive those bright yellow underwear on the outside). There are artists that can pull of those looks and there are artists that are terrible for pulling off the the over-the-top outfits.

I think someone like Kev Walker can make pretty much any look awesome. He's just that talented. Same with Mads and Coipel and Immonen, etc. Maybe the problem with the X-Men comics these days are that the artists they have on the book aren't very good at doing dramatic costumes?
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Very cool spread on Clay Mann's work from ifanboy: http://ifanboy.com/articles/ifanboy-upstarts-clay-mann/

Clay Mann is amazing.