Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

My reaction to X-Club was somewhere between "who the hell thought this would be a good idea" and "who the hell thought this would be a good idea." Yet, the book was excellent. My gut reaction to another Gambit solo is, again, "who the hell thought this would be a good idea." This time I will trust them.
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    I'd like to see Remy thieving all the anti-sentinle software you know Tony Stark has been keep under lock and key for years now. Stark is pretty much the ultimate 1% asshole of the Marvel U and it would be cool to see the ol' Louisiana mudcat get one over on him.
    I had something a littler grander in mind, sparked by this panel in X-sanction #3

Little known fact :- In Bishop's future, Lebeau (Witness) owns the company Stark-Fujikawa. This could be why his staff has the tech.

With that in mind, I'd like to see Gambit "Steal" (Hostile Takeover) the whole company from Tony Stark.
    Hes thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?

Quote Originally Posted by witness View Post
    Little known fact :- In Bishop's future, Lebeau (Witness) owns the company Stark-Fujikawa. This could be why his staff has the tech.
    With that in mind, I'd like to see Gambit "Steal" (Hostile Takeover) the whole company from Tony Stark.
    Holy crap, that would be awesome. Following AvX, with the bonds between the Avengers and X-Men likely broken for a long while, I could see Gambit accepting contracts from Spymaster or whomever to pilfer from Stark. Normally, I'm against the whole idea of trying to make character A look cool by getting over on the already popular character B; but in this case it's worth while...
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

33408 is the other way ian33407's Avatar

The head-sock was something that made the character so particular..Shouldn't had get ridd of it..

(Will I launch something as polemical than the question of WW' pants ?)
    " Things are going to slide in all directions "
    Leonard Cohen - The Future

Quote Originally Posted by damage_inc View Post
    Every x-man reserves the right to change their outfit, I am surprised that Gambit's 90's outfit kept coming back here and there. Really the pink chestplate has been discontinured for quite some time.
    But the head sock stayed longer than it needed to. Good decision on their part.
    Isn't Gambit's current costume black and purple?

Quote Originally Posted by Faded View Post
    I think the charm of the character just eludes me.My opinions aren't inflexible and if you can name me an accessible issue that would change my mind, I'm game!
    I'd recommend his first series by Nicieza. The character isn't anything like what your impression of him is in that series. He's a pretty well-meaning guy with some baggage and a penchant for jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.
    "What can change the nature of a man?"

sweet cant wait i love remy. hes my secnd fave xmen after wolverine. i have all his self titled books so im on board for sure
    X-men,Wolverine,Spider-Man,Invaders,Nick Fury Sr,Black Widow,Cap BUcky

As a huge Gambit fan, I am marking out like a fanboy (great feeling)

as a realist, I am skeptical. No matter what the writer wants to do with the character, it is about the editors at Marvel and specifically x-editors that have to allow for gambit to change
    they have been crapping on him for years and he hasn't been cool since messiah complex, and before that......x-treme x-men.

Gambit is the best, so I'm happy to see he'll have a new solo book out. Though I disagree with their dislike of his wearing pink and the head covering, that stuff is part of Gambit's flair, trying too hard to be cool by removing quirk is an issue. That said, no matter what his costume is this should be cool stuff.

Plus, since they're talking espionage and whatnot sounds like it'd make sense for him to be out of full costume. Doesn't mean he can't keep that look in main X-Men titles.
    DROKK IT!!

Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoGoatee View Post
    Gambit is the best, so I'm happy to see he'll have a new solo book out. Though I disagree with their dislike of his wearing pink and the head covering, that stuff is part of Gambit's flair, trying too hard to be cool by removing quirk is an issue. That said, no matter what his costume is this should be cool stuff.
    That's not them trying to make him cool. It's them trying to make him less lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus ex Chris View Post
    That's not them trying to make him cool. It's them trying to make him less lame.
    That's just a different way of phrasing it, but to me what some would call "lame" is what I'd call character and quirk and of course that's a pretty good thing in comics. Otherwise everbody'd just be wearing black leather. But I do see how it'll work fine for this comic, kind of like he's undercover, a bit more incognito.
    DROKK IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoGoatee View Post
    That's just a different way of phrasing it, but to me what some would call "lame" is what I'd call character and quirk and of course that's a pretty good thing in comics. Otherwise everbody'd just be wearing black leather. But I do see how it'll work fine for this comic, kind of like he's undercover, a bit more incognito.
    A thief wearing bright pink isn't quirky. It's stupid, and the head sock is just stupid, period.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deus ex Chris View Post
    A thief wearing bright pink isn't quirky. It's stupid, and the head sock is just stupid, period.
    him wearing a standard superfolk costume is stupid. but the majority of characters that appeared in the late 80s/early 90s showed up in something other than outlet store-available clothing. where did Revanche get that pink/purple "ninja" suit; for instance? but, realistically, wearing pink would in no way prevent Gambit from being a thief. he steals with his hands. his gloves are black. he could pick your pocket and all you'd be looking at is his decorative pink chestplate. you know what really draws attention? exploding cards.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    him wearing a standard superfolk costume is stupid. but the majority of characters that appeared in the late 80s/early 90s showed up in something other than outlet store-available clothing. where did Revanche get that pink/purple "ninja" suit; for instance? but, realistically, wearing pink would in no way prevent Gambit from being a thief. he steals with his hands. his gloves are black. he could pick your pocket and all you'd be looking at is his decorative pink chestplate. you know what really draws attention? exploding cards.
    Gambit isn't just a pickpocket. He's also a burglar and sometimes a spy. Those things require sneaking around in the dark. Hot pink isn't a great color for sneaking.