Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Really looking forward to this I'm glad he said Gambit would be at odds with marvel heroes I want to see him steal from people like Stark or Reed.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    Kilraven was due for a Kirkman/Liefeld miniseries. Not likely to happen now.
    As a Killraven fan, I'll take that as a bullet dodged. Liefeld's too busy systematically getting each of the New 52 titles cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    This is our baby we must do all we can to support this
    The idea of a Gambit book in 2012 is just horrid. Pure d... horrid.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    It's regressive madness, Majinoaw.

God, Maj, get over it. You seem totally suckered in by this news. Uncharacteristically markish behaviour.

I love you. -stevensanders.

Josef: You are my morning sweetheart. - KieronGillen

BANNED

TO be fair the Gambit series back in the 90's did okay. Plus he's one of the few X-Men not defined by his powers. Sadly instead he was defined by his relationship for far too long which killed readers interest.

As characters go he's second only to Wolverine as an X-character that can hold down his own series. So a fan service creative team should make this a win. I mean okay he's not going to sell loads but if he levels out at X-Factor numbers that's a good thing. Plus this should put Asmus on the map. He's strikes me as a PAD meets Claremont (both at their best) and that's not a bad thing.

I want to see what this guy does with Uncanny at some point and this is a start.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    If you get your hopes up for a Darkhawk solo I'd get my hopes up for a Sleepwalker solo
    I can Imagine we will see a Darkhawk series soon with the galactic revamp.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Why no headband?
    Because it was a terrible Jim Lee fashion flub of the 90s. It's gone and I'm damn glad. Asmus and Mann know what they are doing, this actually is restoring my faith in Gambit as a character. That's a tall order considering what the character has been through.

People shouldn't even respond to posts like these, Gracie Branch type of B.S. is what it is!

Now let me respond to a post like that, lol!
    You never know, the series might actually change some minds for non-Gambit fans, whenever there is a new take on an existing character, a author can always tweak certain aspects of a character that some don't enjoy, aspects that I am sure are aggergated over time when it relates to Gambit being so "polarising".

It'll just depend on why a certain person dislikes Gambit, which is something I never truely understood. Cards being thrown is lame, but Lasers from one's eyes is easily accepted.
    If Gambit was lame than the whole X-Men concept would be as well IMO. I'm not saying the X-Men is the Gambit show, but he proven to be a asset to the series whether some people like it or not

Quote Originally Posted by damage_inc View Post
    You never know, the series might actually change some minds for non-Gambit fans, whenever there is a new take on an existing character, a author can always tweak certain aspects of a character that some don't enjoy, aspects that I am sure are aggergated over time when it relates to Gambit being so "polarising".

It'll just depend on why a certain person dislikes Gambit, which is something I never truely understood. Cards being thrown is lame, but Lasers from one's eyes is easily accepted.
    If Gambit was lame than the whole X-Men concept would be as well IMO. I'm not saying the X-Men is the Gambit show, but he proven to be a asset to the series whether some people like it or not
    I don't get it either. Then again, every single character I like gets bashed mercilessly on these boards, so I'm sort of becoming desensitized to it. They're not making me like the characters any less.

I'm looking forward to the series, and hope it does well so we can maybe see more solo books for other characters in the future. Wolverine can't have all the fun.
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post
    I don't get it either. Then again, every single character I like gets bashed mercilessly on these boards, so I'm sort of becoming desensitized to it. They're not making me like the characters any less.

I'm looking forward to the series, and hope it does well so we can maybe see more solo books for other characters in the future. Wolverine can't have all the fun.
    Sadly, you shouldn't have to do that. There is no point in participating in a thread where the poster doesn't like the character, its trolling. But despite the negativity, it doesn't change my like for the character either.

I am looking forward to this series as well. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post

Generally, I feel like people who don't like Gambit don't get him as a character. They tend to think he's sleazy, immoral, disloyal, dirty, uneducated, etc, none of which is borne out by the comics, at least in my reading of them. I also wonder to what degree the stigma of him being Cajun plays into it.

I also think there's a certain amount of social cachet here in liking characters who are obscure and hating on ones who are popular.

Elder Member

Can;t wait to see his restaurant in a boat!!
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Flashback to late 2010 when Uncanny X-Force was announced.
    "O-M-G! Marvel's resurrecting that crap again! from the 90's! ugh! and that title! it's soooo desperate! just another mutant title!!!"

Move forward about 7 months later....
    "wow. this is actually one of the better books Marvel's put out lately. wow."

Moral: U just never know. Read it and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by damage_inc View Post
    People shouldn't even respond to posts like these, Gracie Branch type of B.S. is what it is!

Now let me respond to a post like that, lol!

I think the charm of the character just eludes me.

Everything from the horrid Gambit/Rogue relationship to the cheesy Thieves' Guild just give me this icky taste of Luke Perry-esque 90's bad boy cheese. His appearances since haven't really cemented a role or a fun personality since.

My opinions aren't inflexible and if you can name me an accessible issue that would change my mind, I'm game!
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye