Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default C2E2: Asmus Brings "Gambit" Back to the World of Thieves

Gambit steps back into the shadowy world of heists and larceny when "Generation Hope" writer James Asmus kicks off a new "Gambit" ongoing series with artist Clay Mann this August

Full article here.

As to the Death persona, I'm not planning to delve into that for the foreseeable future. We're really trying to make this series accessible for people who haven't been regularly following the X-Men books. So I'll really be selective in what previous stories we want to draw from. There are subtle ways to acknowledge those past events, but tell stories that exist on their own. And the things from continuity that we do tackle, we're going to introduce slowly and as if you don't know them. So his relationships with Rogue and the Thieves' Guild will start to be introduced gradually and in a way that builds their significance rather than cashes in on it.
    No Deathbit, small amount of Rogue. Zero-sum?

Actually, the adversaries I'm most looking forward to giving him are Marvel Heroes. I think they really help bring out the shades of gray in his character. I'm not talking about traditional "slug it out before teaming up" fights. I'm actually going to pit his interests against some heroes and government agents.
    Good. I hope he continues to fight Avengers.

OMG, is Asmus going to have Gambit confront The Winter Guard?! Seresecros, you might get a Darkstar appearance!

I so hate Gambit, but I am so going to love this book. I can't not love it.

I'm embarrassed to be excited about a Gambit book too. Even more so if it's about him trolling the rest of the MU. He should totally lift some Hulkbuster armor.

As long as this makes Gambit's character great again is all I care about. He's been nothing like who he should be in quite some time, probably right when he returned in X-Men(during Carey's run). It's basically been downhill since then. Hopefully this brings him back to his former glory, and I enjoy the fine line that they're playing with and making him an actual wild card again. :)

Living is easy with eyes red eyes's Avatar

Sounds good, can't wait to see some interior art.

So is the costume he's got on in the teaser going to his new outfit? Or are they talking about a different costume?

Either way, I hope Asmus and Mann get to call the shots on Gambit's look, with Liu and Gage following up on it in their books.
    "What can change the nature of a man?"

Explores an interesting niche market while competing with like thief minded Image and DC titles. I look forward to seeing what Asmus's take on Gambit will be because he's due for a nip n tuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozier View Post
    OMG, is Asmus going to have Gambit confront The Winter Guard?!
    This will be the most CBR pleasing book EVER.

Dead in a comic does not mean dead. No matter what THEY say.

Gambit has never been one of my favorite characters. I've always felt he was a cheap Longshot replacement, as they had the same bad haircut and one showed up after the other disappeared.He has horrible fashion sense and he is a thief. It is a bad example to set for the young folks. However, I might try this book as the creative team sounds interesting. We'll see.

Why no headband?
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

I liked everything that Asmus had to say about the character. I find myself wanting to support more X-books, but I'm finding that I don't have the drive to support monthlies. I'm a little torn about trade-waiting for this book, as it also features the art of Clay Mann, who is really awesome.

Hmm...
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

If the Winter Guard show up I will legit pre-order twenty copies for my store

I like his new look.