Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    So much fail. I'm surprised they were able to fit it into one comic.
    They described what they were going to do on page 1 - they came right out and said that there wouldn't be any fancy "plot." And I validate that they did not lie.

I guess this is what you get when Bendis is running the Marvel show, and Bendis loves him some 'vengers. I predict that the Avengers win every match that "counts" in AvX VS. This also explains why Logan is fighting on the Avengers side.

OTOH, the X-Men just launched the "Avengers Protocol," and it's awesome.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by mailedbypostman1 View Post
    Wow. What assholes.
    Well, sure, but it was a funny scene nonetheless.
    Last edited by Gordon Smith; 04-26-2012 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Smith View Post
    Well, sure, but t was a funny scene nonetheless.
    It kind of was. Which doesn't stop the betting community from being assholes. :-)

Just checked Secret Avengers: they added a whole NEW kind of PIS, though they have at least shown how they are going to have time to make this last all summer. They will just occasionally have the Phoenix turn off to the side and mess up some other non-Earth civilization.

To be fair, what the hell else can they do when there's a rampaging Phoenix Force? Even evacuation's probably gonna take lightyears more time and resources to set up (especially since they're not really sure where its going next) than a betting pool.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    To be fair, what the hell else can they do when there's a rampaging Phoenix Force? Even evacuation's probably gonna take lightyears more time and resources to set up (especially since they're not really sure where its going next) than a betting pool.
    Yeah, there's sort of a grim fatalism to it whilst getting drunk and trying not to think too hard about her maybe coming this way.

I mean, people barely mourn over disasters on other countries most of the time: Things happening on other planets is completely unreal.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

I guess they could always try and find Galactus and tell him that someone's messing with his bread and butter. But then you're left having to deal with a Galactus that just made himself hungry by beating down on a well fed and psychotic Phoenix Force, even discounting what kind of damage the universe might take from having the Phoenix Force beaten up by Galactus in the first place.

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

I guess they could always try and find Galactus and tell him that someone's messing with his bread and butter. But then you're left having to deal with a Galactus that just made himself hungry by beating down on a well fed and psychotic Phoenix Force, even discounting what kind of damage the universe might take from having the Phoenix Force beaten up by Galactus in the first place.
    Or they might merge, and then you'd have to deal with a Phoenlactus rampage.

No wait, Galactus isn't a redhead. We're okay.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    Or they might merge, and then you'd have to deal with a Phoenlactus rampage.

No wait, Galactus isn't a redhead. We're okay.
    Actually, if you go back to the 80's Galactus stories, they went into detail about how Galactus doesn't really have a recognizable physical form - he appears as what the viewing species expects of a Godlike (God versus god) member of their own species. When he ate the Skrull homeworld, he looked like a giant Skrull, for example.

So the Phoenix would almost certainly se Big G as a redhead - and... we're doomed.

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

Galactus HUNGERS!! For Scot Sumner's Manlyness!!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Technically, isn't Galactus kinda related to the Phoenix Force as well? Or at least, its predecessor from the universe before the normal 616 universe, who formed the Cosmic Egg which Galen merged with to become Galactus in the first place?

And we're back to the homoerotic pseudo incest bestiality again. It's like Six Degrees of Separation from Kevin Bacon, if Kevin Bacon was made of actual bacon, and Scott Summers was trying to sleep with him.

So I guess that its exactly like Six Degrees of Separation from Kevin Bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Actually, if you go back to the 80's Galactus stories, they went into detail about how Galactus doesn't really have a recognizable physical form - he appears as what the viewing species expects of a Godlike (God versus god) member of their own species. When he ate the Skrull homeworld, he looked like a giant Skrull, for example.

So the Phoenix would almost certainly se Big G as a redhead - and... we're doomed.
    He's done enough physically to clearly be humanoid, and we've seen his depowered appearance... The form the comics tend to show seems to be his real one, for all that he gives off an impression to people. Call it inconsistency if you like.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

Technically, isn't Galactus kinda related to the Phoenix Force as well? Or at least, its predecessor from the universe before the normal 616 universe, who formed the Cosmic Egg which Galen merged with to become Galactus in the first place?
    Oh yeah, that's right: He already has a Phoenix force.

Guess it would make him Double-Galactus then.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Scott Summers: Phew! I feel really bad for that poor Scot Sumner guy.

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

YOU DARE MOCK GALACTUS'S PRONUNCIATION?? FOOL!!

*wink*

Drinks Two Cups Of Tea! Captain England's Avatar

AvX Fun Fact: Putting a really bad joke, or a fact that is completely inaccurate to every previous showing of a character's power level in every other panel ruins any dramatic tension in a fight.
    AvX Fun Fact: Oh and it's incredibly annoying.
    AvX Fun Fact: Hey Listen!