Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bruceleehulk View Post
    and if that ever happens Logan would proably end up on the Justice League in the next issue.
    And try to shag Barbara, hey she's a redhead.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

What's really funny is that Carol and Logan spent most of New Avengers 24 joking about how Cyclops was going to blast Cap "off his lawn" with his blasts. They used the meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    He was beaten to death because he tried to physically fight Hulk. If the 616 verse version tried this and didn't use any speed like this version? You'd basically have the same result, it would just take stronger. The thing is we can call it PIS if 616 Thor did it, since he does have speed superior to Hulk's.

Now, I don't know about the people who made it disliking Thor or not knowing much about him, but eh..I enjoyed the movie. If he was like 616 Thor it would of been 2 minutes long. Thor see's Hulk, Thor KO's him with plot device weapon and teleports him back to Earth.
    Actually... no. 616 Thor has strength and durability feats at least as high as Hulk's. Even pissed-off Hulk. Hell, he just DID engage in a purely physical fight against a massively amped-up Hulk AND a massively amped-up Thing (you know, both of them upped with Thor-level power) and the fight ended with Thing dead-but-for-Franklin and Hulk ICBM'ed. Yeah, Thor took a pounding, but beat both of them, and no speed advantage existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    He's not the only one Seriously a guy who crushed after Jean then named a school after her is pretty creepy. Like a stalker having pictures of you all over the walls of his room type of creepy
    What I do in my spare time, and with my money is none of your business..

But yeah. There are some serious issues with the 'leadership' in the X-Men ... Something that no amount of couples mediation, therapy and getting in touch with themselves can fix. Though, I suppose that adds to the suspense. Or something.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Actually... no. 616 Thor has strength and durability feats at least as high as Hulk's. Even pissed-off Hulk. Hell, he just DID engage in a purely physical fight against a massively amped-up Hulk AND a massively amped-up Thing (you know, both of them upped with Thor-level power) and the fight ended with Thing dead-but-for-Franklin and Hulk ICBM'ed. Yeah, Thor took a pounding, but beat both of them, and no speed advantage existed.
    What was notable about it too was that he had was dealing with the World Tree Wound as well.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Well, sans speed or esoteric stuff, Hulk also has regen which should mean that he's got a fair chance of locking the fight due to attrition if nothing else.

OTOH, Thor can fly, so that means that when the two of them smack each other with class 100 strength, Thor at least has an excuse for not ending up in orbit.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Well, sans speed or esoteric stuff, Hulk also has regen which should mean that he's got a fair chance of locking the fight due to attrition if nothing else.

OTOH, Thor can fly, so that means that when the two of them smack each other with class 100 strength, Thor at least has an excuse for not ending up in orbit.
    Thor's also a much more skilled and more experienced fighter (when he feels like showing it).

Quote Originally Posted by The Black One View Post
    Well, Surtur, I would totally count Cap being blown back by an Optic blast that hit the same shield that has no sold Thor, The Hulk and Thanos as a head scratching "WTF!?!?!?" moment.
    Well yes, I also thought the shield absorbs the impact of things, so if it hit the shield then why is he even being moved at all. Then if he can be moved when the shield takes the impact no selling Thor or Thanos should of sent him flying so far away he'd die on impact wherever he landed.

*shrugs* Ok, but my point still remains that it's hard to call shenanigans on completely different versions of characters.
    Last edited by Surtur; 04-19-2012 at 04:45 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

What's really funny is that Carol and Logan spent most of New Avengers 24 joking about how Cyclops was going to blast Cap "off his lawn" with his blasts. They used the meme.
    Makes you wonder if writers read Rumbles from time to time. :) Doubtful, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Makes you wonder if writers read Rumbles from time to time. :) Doubtful, but you never know.
    I'm sure there's a frustrated rumbler behind every writer.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Cyclops: "Draw me like one of your French girls."
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post

Q: Is he talking to Storm or Wolverine?

A: Yes.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Lord of Apokolips The Black One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Good stuff.
    loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth mockery condemnation misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly love=lies life=death self=dark side

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    If there is one thing that annoyed me with Marvel is not having Avengers help the mutants yet they would bend over backwards in helping regular people. Where were they when the mutants were massacred?
    Has Thor been retconned out of that story now?

Where were rest of the Avengers? They were fighting the Masters of Evil at that time. Hercules got beat into a coma, Jarvis got crippled, and the entire Avengers Mansion got trashed. Needless to say, the Avengers were busy. Maybe they could have handled the Masters of Evil more efficiently if Thor wasn't so busy rescuing a bunch of ungrateful mutants.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Veteran Member

In AvX2, Cyclops' blasts didn't push Cap back at all, so i have no idea what was going on with that first one in the first issue.