Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Drinks Two Cups Of Tea! Captain England's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Black One View Post
    The upcoming AvX storyline will be ripe for PIS. Just much overclocking and understaing do you think they'll cram into it?

Personally, I'm looking foreward to the 1-on-1's between Cap and Cyclops. It's gonna be great to see how Cyc can suddenly hang in a H2H fight with Cap and how his optic blast, even when blocked with the shield, will knock Cap on his ass...
    Welp, before this thread gets shut...I'm going to repost this:

AVENGERS VERSUS X-MEN #1

-Not really spoillers and it's been out weeks now and there are previews on the front page of this site-

Cyclops: "'See this is what I think, Hope could be the Phoenix. And the Phoenix is totally going to save all mutants"
    X-Men: "The Phoenix?"
    Cyclops: "Yup"
    X-Men: "You mean the big bird made of fire. Burns everything. Says things like I am fire and life incarnate or something like that. Literally burns everything. That Phoenix?"
    Cyclops: "Yup. That's the one".
    X-Men: "And this is going to save all mutants?"
    Cyclops: "Sure is".
    X-Men: "As opposed to maybe lets say buring all mutants, any y'know everything else? Like it's tried to do? Y'know every single time it's appeared?"
    Cyclops: "Yup".
    X-Men: "Okay. And it's going to do this why?"
    Cyclops: "Because...because...because shut up!"

Later:

Cyclops: "See this is what I think, Hope could be the Phoenix. And the Phoenix is totally going to save all mutants".
    Captain America: "Okay crazy mutant cat lady. We're just going to take the nice potenial host of world destroying power and see if we can't put her somewhere that won't result in the world being destroyed".
    Cyclops: "NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Drinks Two Cups Of Tea! Captain England's Avatar

The Avengers' whole idea is to get Hope off world, have the best scientists like Reed Richards try to find out the connection between her and the Phoenix, and try to save both Hope and the world. All whilst sending a team to try to stop the Phoenix before it even gets to Earth.

The X-Men on the other hand are risking the entire world by wanting to do absolutely nothing, because the Phoenix might, repeat might, help mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain England View Post
    The Avengers' whole idea is to get Hope off world, have the best scientists like Reed Richards try to find out the connection between her and the Phoenix, and try to save both Hope and the world. All whilst sending a team to try to stop the Phoenix before it even gets to Earth.

The X-Men on the other hand are risking the entire world by wanting to do absolutely nothing, because the Phoenix might, repeat might, help mutants.
    If it ends up attempting to kill everyone I am going to laugh.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    If it ends up attempting to kill everyone I am going to laugh.
    Phoenix: "ALL SHALL BECOME ASH BENEATH MY FLAMES OF DESTRUCTION. YOUR WORLD SHALL BURN, PATHETIC MORTALS, FOR IT IS AN AFFRONT TO MY INCANDESCENT PERFECTION"

Cyclops: "Yaaaaaaaay! She's here guys! Now all our problems will be solved forever!"

Phoenix: "YOU WILL DIE FIRST, MONOCULAR ONE"

Cyclops: "Hooray! She's going to give me a hug!"
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    Phoenix: "ALL SHALL BECOME ASH BENEATH MY FLAMES OF DESTRUCTION. YOUR WORLD SHALL BURN, PATHETIC MORTALS, FOR IT IS AN AFFRONT TO MY INCANDESCENT PERFECTION"

Cyclops: "Yaaaaaaaay! She's here guys! Now all our problems will be solved forever!"

To be fair, Scott has done a lot more than just "hug" the Phoenix. Phoenix, in almost any host, versus Cyclops is the embodiment of "ends in sex." It was literally a plot point by Greg Pak in one of those horrible minis that the Phoenix loves getting nailed by Scott and possessed Emma just so Scott would want it again.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    True, true - they have to try something, and I guess the God with the hammer capable of absorbing nearly unlimited levels of energy is the only real option. I'm just sad that it's not going to matter in the slightest, since they're going to have Thor throw the hammer, or try to punch the sun-sized firebird, rather than directly dialing up a d-dump, or antiforce, or energy absorbtion, or whatever it takes.
    Yeah, true. Be nice if he actually tries something clever, even if it does fail. (It is the Phoenix, I can see it coming back from a d-dump.)

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post

It'll certainly solve their problems forever alright.

Quote Originally Posted by dkostus View Post
    To be fair, Scott has done a lot more than just "hug" the Phoenix. Phoenix, in almost any host, versus Cyclops is the embodiment of "ends in sex." It was literally a plot point by Greg Pak in one of those horrible minis that the Phoenix loves getting nailed by Scott and possessed Emma just so Scott would want it again.
    I remember that one. Some bullshit about how they made a perfect couple, because the Phoenix can continuously feed off his energy blasts or something.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Lord of Apokolips The Black One's Avatar

Why would it get locked? This is all in good fun and nobody's feelings are getting hurt.

I love how my first PIS prediction came true in issue #1

*hold up hand for a high five*
    loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth mockery condemnation misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly love=lies life=death self=dark side

Quote Originally Posted by The Black One View Post
    Why would it get locked? This is all in good fun and nobody's feelings are getting hurt.

I love how my first PIS prediction came true in issue #1

*hold up hand for a high five*
    It's not in my custom to leave someone hanging, however... nah just kidding.

*high fives*

God, I hope that Phoenix Force/Scott Summers isn't a official ship, what with one of the wielders being his daughter and everything.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    God, I hope that Phoenix Force/Scott Summers isn't a official ship, what with one of the wielders being his daughter and everything.
    She just wants him for his punch dimension. It ain't real love.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

One of them is also a dude.

Another of them is also a dude... and himself.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    One of them is also a dude.

Another of them is also a dude... and himself.
    That part doesn't bother me, considering the decades of sexual tension between himself and Wolverine.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

That part doesn't bother me, considering the decades of sexual tension between himself and Wolverine.
    Thanks. Thanks a lot. I've been trying for decades NOT to consider the sexual tension between Scott and Wolverine. You blew it.

Lord of Apokolips The Black One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hazard View Post
    it's not in my custom to leave someone hanging, however... Nah just kidding.

*high fives*
    woot!!!!!!!!!!!
    loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth mockery condemnation misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly love=lies life=death self=dark side

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkostus View Post
    Huh, this actually explains his behaviour perfectly.

He doesn't want anyone to stop the Phoenix's approach because he's eagerly awaiting a cosmic booty call.

If this event doesn't end with Cyclops hysterically ranting about how no one can understand the love that exists between a man with an unclosable portal in his face and an intergalactic fire bird from the dawn of time... I will be sorely dissapointed.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.