Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Kevin Feige Talks Loki, Whedon, and Marvel Studios' Post-"Avengers" Plans

Marvel Studios President and "The Avengers" producer Kevin Feige spoke one-on-one with CBR about the upcoming film, working with Joss Whedon, and what's next for Marvel Studios.

Full article here.

I think it's pretty easy to brand the avengers type of movies

Cap 2: Espionage-y w/ crossbones, winter soldier, zola
    Cap 3: Die Hard balls to the wall action w/ red skull

IM 3: ARMOR WARS
    IM 4: Extremis

Thor 2 & 3: Nine Worlds/Ragnarok war ala lord of the rings w/ midgard serpent

..And I hope we can get some cameo work between movies, to keep the continuity up.
    http://reverbnation.com/roninakacmil

"put haters to the left i aint lettin 'em win,
    Cuz i got mind soul and power like infinity gems"

http://i53.tinypic.com/2dqpk7c.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy is not a film that excites me as a comic book fan. But would love to see Ant Man & Runaways on the big screen.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCzar View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy is not a film that excites me as a comic book fan.
    I'll settle for it exiting me as a film fan. We get way too few space operas these days.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

I was lucky enough to see the advanced preview this past Saturday and THE AVENGERS is effin' AWESOME!!
    Last edited by Catman_3; 04-16-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Guardians of the Galaxy is not a film that excites me as a comic book fan. But would love to see Ant Man & Runaways on the big screen.
    I'm kinda with you ~ I'd really love to be proven wrong, but I have a hard time seeing this done right and done well, after Green Lantern and John Carter it just doesn't seem like hollywood has a grasp on how to make and sell a space opera.

not to mention the complications of introducing an audience to the weird and varied cast of GotG... again, Id be first in line if they pulled it off, but it seems like an awful lot could go wrong...

seems like there's much easier sells like Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Cage, and various Avengers spin-offs easily waiting in the wings...

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

I'm betting these 2 are the strong contenders.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

What the...?

I don't read the comic but it's got a talking raccoon in it so I'm sold.

What the...?

Quote Originally Posted by artiepants View Post
    I'm kinda with you ~ I'd really love to be proven wrong, but I have a hard time seeing this done right and done well, after Green Lantern and John Carter it just doesn't seem like hollywood has a grasp on how to make and sell a space opera.
    Avatar did pretty well though...

Green Lantern was pretty light on the space opera. We briefly saw the Corps and Oa but most of the movie was Earthbound. John Carter stayed on Mars which basically a desert. It would be like doing an entire Star Wars movie on Tattooine. I liked the move for the first part but it had a limited landscape. Ideally a GotG movie would take us to a few different worlds.

not to mention the complications of introducing an audience to the weird and varied cast of GotG... again, Id be first in line if they pulled it off, but it seems like an awful lot could go wrong...
    I think audiences appreciate weird and different if it's done well. Lord of the Rings is weird, Avatar is weird, Harry Potter is weird, Star Wars is really weird.

seems like there's much easier sells like Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Cage, and various Avengers spin-offs easily waiting in the wings...
    Iron Fist is basically a kung-fu movie in tights and Disney couldn't sell Sorcerers Apprentice so I can see Doctor Strange being a struggle. I don't think people will be clamoring for a Hawkeye or Black Widow spinoff either.

Don't get me wrong I want to see an awesome Doctor Strange movie more than anything but I don't see it as an easier sell.
    Last edited by GRANT!; 04-16-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Actually likes comics Darth Tigris's Avatar

This was an awesome read (though I wished I skipped the part about the end of Avengers ...). Only thing missing was something to make me believe that a Black Panther movie is a priority. Marvel needs a nice super science political thriller in superhero wrappings.
    Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me are people that think Final Crisis is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tigris View Post
    This was an awesome read (though I wished I skipped the part about the end of Avengers ...). Only thing missing was something to make me believe that a Black Panther movie is a priority. Marvel needs a nice super science political thriller in superhero wrappings.
    Speaking of Panther, I'm liking his expanded role in A:EMH. I find myself wondering why he isn't the leader. I hope this means that Marvel sees the character as a viable property outside of comics.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by Catman_3 View Post
    I was lucky enough to see the advanced preview this past Saturday and THE AVENGERS is effin' AWESOME!!
    Where would you rank it among the other Marvel films?

I'm seeing kang or Thanos at the end of Avengers.
    A BP movie would be great.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Feige did hit on something perfectly, the tone of all the Marvel films interjecting humor with likeable characters you root for and some cool effects is a great formula to make the films have a little something for everyone. My wife loves these movies, and she typically hates comic book films like the Nolan Batman movies, or Sci fi movies. But anytime Iron man or Hulk are on tv she's watching them with or without me, and she's into rewatching the films on Blu Ray so hats off to Marvel Studios for luring my wife into the world of comic book movies.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

What the...?

Feige did hit on something perfectly, the tone of all the Marvel films interjecting humor with likeable characters you root for and some cool effects is a great formula to make the films have a little something for everyone. My wife loves these movies, and she typically hates comic book films like the Nolan Batman movies, or Sci fi movies. But anytime Iron man or Hulk are on tv she's watching them with or without me, and she's into rewatching the films on Blu Ray so hats off to Marvel Studios for luring my wife into the world of comic book movies.
    Same deal with my girlfriend. She loved Iron Man, Thor and Captain America and is excited for Avengers but there is no way in hell I can get her to see Dark Knight Rises or Prometheus. They do a nice job of balancing levity with serious superhero stuff.