Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Mary Jane Watson (Parker again someday hopefully while I'm still young) is enough for me. Everyone else can go to another title (which I'm grateful that's what Black Cat did) or stick in their own title. If one wants to read Ms Marvel, read Ms Marvel.

But I refuse to aknowledge her as Captain Marvel; that title rightfully belongs to DC's Billy Batson.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Mary Jane Watson (Parker again someday hopefully while I'm still young) is enough for me. Everyone else can go to another title (which I'm grateful that's what Black Cat did) or stick in their own title. If one wants to read Ms Marvel, read Ms Marvel.

But I refuse to aknowledge her as Captain Marvel; that title rightfully belongs to DC's Billy Batson.
    You must mean Shazam.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    You must mean Shazam.
    NO; Captain Marvel, Marvel stole that name simply because they rudely felt they had the right to so since their company is Marvel.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

It legally belongs to Marvel. Sorry.

Shazam.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    It legally belongs to Marvel. Sorry.

Shazam.
    I like Shazam too

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

DC screwed over Fawcett because of Captain Marvel. Marvel swooping up the name is just a little bit of karmic justice.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The problem is that characters like Carol Danvers (who Gerry Conway wrote the first few issues of her original solo series) and Power Girl (who Gerry Conway helped create) is that these characters are defined by the ideas of feminism (particularly of the late 60s, early 70s) and being in a relationship with a man who completely overshadows them is diminishing to them as solo-characters.

(Not saying these characters being in a relationship is a bad thing. But it should not be with a bigger, more established character. It is bad for these characters thematically.)
    I'm not sure you're argument really works, seeing how you're saying that she's so over-shadowed that he can't come near her for fear of overshadowing. It's like the ultimate statement of inequality. She's so inequal that the only way to not make her seem unequal is to keep her in her box away from the inherently superior man
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

On that note, did Spider-Man ever managed to get to second base with Captain Marvel? He was taunting her about telling Wolverine that in their first meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    I'm not sure you're argument really works, seeing how you're saying that she's so over-shadowed that he can't come near her for fear of overshadowing. It's like the ultimate statement of inequality. She's so inequal that the only way to not make her seem unequal is to keep her in her box away from the inherently superior man
    Hi Xenon,
    Check your PM box. I left a message for you to answer. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    On that note, did Spider-Man ever managed to get to second base with Captain Marvel? He was taunting her about telling Wolverine that in their first meeting.
    Nah. Spidey was just messing with her.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 04-16-2012 at 03:48 PM.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    When did I say that they could never interact in any capacity? That would be ridiculous. (Although Peter won't be interacting with Karen because of legal issues. Oh well.)

But the entire text of this thread is to promote a romantic relationship between Peter and Carol, which I think is a horrible idea. It undermines Carol's worth (she can't step out and be her own character unless she's tied to Spider-Man) and it takes away from the soap opera of Peter Parker's life to be in a relationship with a superheroine.

But a traditional super hero team-up (as well as interacting in The Avengers)? That's fun. Good stuff there.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Interesting:

I believe that is an early internal reference sheet that was supplanted by the Official stats.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    When did I say that they could never interact in any capacity? That would be ridiculous. (Although Peter won't be interacting with Karen because of legal issues. Oh well.)

But the entire text of this thread is to promote a romantic relationship between Peter and Carol, which I think is a horrible idea
    . It undermines Carol's worth (she can't step out and be her own character unless she's tied to Spider-Man) and it takes away from the soap opera of Peter Parker's life to be in a relationship with a superheroine.

But a traditional super hero team-up (as well as interacting in The Avengers)? That's fun. Good stuff there.
    The occasional team-up with Spidey and a superheroine(who is interested in Spidey) is cool. But I feel that most of their personal interaction out of costume should be kept in the background as far as dating and getting to know one another is concerned. As far as a romantic/serious relationship goes, I must agree that it might not be a very good move as an ongoing status quo. Not everyone likes that idea at all in Spidey's self titled books because readers want to read about Spider-Man and his world without the notion of adding other superheros in it.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post
    Carol is listed as 5'11'', 124 lbs. in all the current handbooks.

Back in the 1985 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, under her entry as Binary, she was 5'11'', 120 lbs.

So she's put on 4 lbs over the years. That must be where the fat jokes come from.
    How is she so light? I mean really. Not saying that she's fat, but Carol is well-built physical specimen. She's not She-Hulk big but she's larger than say Sue Storm or Emma Frost or probably any X-Girl not named Frenzy.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Yeah. While it doesn't have to be a long-term commitment, I wouldn't mind seeing Pete at least date a few superheroines.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Yeah. While it doesn't have to be a long-term commitment, I wouldn't mind seeing Pete at least date a few superheroines.
    I wouldn't mind the idea either. But it's best that the heroines who are interested in Peter Parker for that relationship to be kept in the background. We already know that Carol Danvers likes him, as well as Jessica Drew(although she might not admit to it). Then there's Silver Sable and The She-Hulk who might have a mutual interest as well. But that's just the Spider-Man side of the relationship.