Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

I've read the reactions to Carol and Peter getting together. I'm sure most of us would prefer Peter with MJ, but if Marvel isn't going to make this happen (at least for awhile), I would like to see Carol and Peter together. The reason Peter and Carlie (UGH!!-thank god) didn't work was because of the same logic Marvel used to break up Peter with MJ. The reason they stated was that MJ was a non-superheroine that would be a target for every supervillain trying to get to Spider-man. That being said, and beside the fact that Carlie was WAY too one-dimensional, their relationship was doomed to fail (that - and the fact that just about EVERYONE who considered themselves fans of Marvel couldn't stand her). Now, if Marvel (in their infinite wisdom) is going to use this logic, then Carol is a good choice. She can take care of herself in many ways, Peter wouldn't worry about her safety (well, at least NOT as much as anyone else), and the shortcomings each one of them has would be cancelled out by the other - for example: Carol is fiscally responsible while Peter is - well - not. Peter has great ethical and moral values that give him perhaps the strongest constitution in the Marvel universe while Carol has had to struggle with hers (she's getting better though). Her no-nonsense approach combined with his light-heartedness is almost a perfect combination. That, and the fact quite a number of Marvel fans have responded positively to them getting together, could be very interesting to read where their relationship goes.

I don't think I'd really want them to get together, flirting is fine, maybe a month with them together realising it doesn't work, but I'd rather him with non powered girlfriends, doesn't have to be MJ.

Is it just me or this "new" Carol somewhat of a tool? Has she always been this way and I never noticed? Anyway, I thought the idea of Carol and Pete was a little interesting at one point but not so much anymore.
    His memory's gone! Or...is it? It's not hard to fake amnesia! The Goblin is capable of anything!

Quote Originally Posted by srb725 View Post
    The reason they stated was that MJ was a non-superheroine that would be a target for every supervillain trying to get to Spider-man.
    I've never heard this. Where did you get that info from?
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Do it.

10char
    Bad news everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by EuphemismForSex View Post
    Do it.

10char

Do it! Already came up for the miniseries title.

Yeah, enough of this. Time for 'em to diddle digits in flaming fun. Gripped in the throes of mad passion, and all that cornball soap opera stuff. It's like the intros on all these tv drama series where you see two people in silouette, crashing against a wall in the dark. That kinda stoopid stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post
    I would like to see them together, if only for a little while. And I want to see MJ's reaction, since she and Carol were friends.
    I agree. That would be great to see.

Were not saying that we want them to end up getting full blown married Marvel. We just want to see it attempted and see how far it goes(I seriously doubt marriage).
    Be of service to all Comic Book readers and sign: http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...tBlackPanther/

Two people with super strength, one of whom can fly, the other of whom can make soft, stretchy (temporary) restraints anywhere?

They'd never leave the house!

Working-Class Villain Henchman4Hire's Avatar

I am totally in favor of this coupling. They're kind of cute together. Plus Marvel needs some new romantic stories out there. All the old classic couples are disappearing, it's time to start some new ones. Just look at the X-Men. Kitty Pryde and Colossus is stale and over with, as we saw in the latest Wolverine and the X-Men. Whereas, for me at least, the new idea of Kitty and Iceman hooking up is new, refreshing and exciting. That's exactly what Peter and Carol would be.

I agree they shouldn't rush into marriage or anything, but a temporary relationship would be pretty cool.

I never liked Carlie Cooper because, from the very moment we first met her, she was obviously created to be Peter Parker's eventual new girlfriend. Marvel tried desperately to give her other things to do, like being a forensic investigator or best friends with that other new female character, but she was created for the sole purpose of being Peter's new love interest. And if that's the only reason a character exists, it does not make for an interesting character or an interesting romance.
    Henchman4Hire: The Blog.
    Any role-players looking for a small, fast-paced game? Try Marvel: Free World.

Quote Originally Posted by Henchman4Hire View Post
    I am totally in favor of this coupling. They're kind of cute together. Plus Marvel needs some new romantic stories out there. All the old classic couples are disappearing, it's time to start some new ones. Just look at the X-Men. Kitty Pryde and Colossus is stale and over with, as we saw in the latest Wolverine and the X-Men. Whereas, for me at least, the new idea of Kitty and Iceman hooking up is new, refreshing and exciting. That's exactly what Peter and Carol would be.

I agree they shouldn't rush into marriage or anything, but a temporary relationship would be pretty cool.

I never liked Carlie Cooper because, from the very moment we first met her, she was obviously created to be Peter Parker's eventual new girlfriend. Marvel tried desperately to give her other things to do, like being a forensic investigator or best friends with that other new female character, but she was created for the sole purpose of being Peter's new love interest. And if that's the only reason a character exists, it does not make for an interesting character or an interesting romance.
    Personally,
    I don't think that Peter/Spidey should be in a relationship with anyone in the Post-OMD era. As for Peter x Carol, I would rather see some diversity among the heroines who admired his as a friend to no more than 6 of them, in addition to Carol as Peter close friendship with a heroine is almost non-existent(Not counting The Black Cat).

The only reason why I felt that Psylocke, Spider-Woman, She-Hulk, Black Widow, Silver Sable should be added is because it insures that no one is too hung up on Spider-Man x Captain Marvel when there are a others to consider. No romance for Spidey= No conflict of interest among the fans and their favorite web head. There is nothing wrong with Peter dating a female super hero. Otherwise, how else are they going to know the other? But to make Spidey's relationship with a female superhero to the level of Hawkeye x Spider-Woman is best not to explore in the Earth-616 continuity.

I personally like where Peter x Carol's relationship stands, unlike Hawkeye x Spider-Woman.

Oh Carol as in Carol Danvers. At first I thigh the thread title said Carlie, and I wondered if everyone had lost their minds.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

Spider Powered Time Lord Spider-Mike's Avatar

God is this thread back again?

Oh well...
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name's Spider-Man, and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!
    WOLVERINE: *Growls*
    (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

Well, they could share a passionate kiss that surpises them both. Hilarity ensues...