Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    *stares at his four Power Girl trades*

Oh I know who Power Girl is, I just didn't realize that's what you were referring to. I thought you were referencing something else that got caught in a dispute.
    I referenced Power Girl only because she and Carol are sort of from the same era. And Gerry Conway was involved in the early adventures for both ladies. (And that they are buxom blondes. )

It's existence as a sales stunt is....half right, I guess. I mean, it's going to be SEEN that way no matter what, because everyone knows the real reason Spider-Man and Wolverine are everywhere. It FEELING like one I think is wholly dependent on how it's done. Since the possibility has already been established I think if handled right it could add to both titles. If being the key word, of course, but that's true of nearly everything.

Also, I would reiterate, and again, I mean no disrespect to her by this, that the fact that this is her third title means that her not relying on guest stars doesn't work. It's one thing to say "Spider-Man never did it this way!" because Spider-Man is one of the three biggest comic properties in existence and has basically always been tremendously successful, it's quite another to say that about a B-list star who's book keeps getting cancelled and spent a number of years in a coma.
    Obviously Spidey is a MUCH bigger character than Carol Danvers. Whereas Carol is tangentially related to The Avengers.

I think I know what they're trying to do (have a female led superhero book but without the obvious girl title), but somewhat ironically this is like the one character they literally already tried that with (Monica Rambeau). Plus, I'm not sure how much of a bump a B-lister is going to get from taking the name of, well, a C-lister. But we shall see if a nominal Captain Marvel fanbase is able to combine with the nominal Ms. Marvel fanbase to put out some sustainable numbers.
    Marvel has to have a "Captain Marvel" to keep the trademark. (Plus, I mean, Monica literally came out of nowhere and started calling herself Captain Marvel. Genis and Carol at least had some connection to Mar-Vell.)

I think all of this is correct, which is why I tend to be "meh" towards team-up books in general, and why I'm not sure the idea works anymore. Still, as opposed as they are towards the Mary Jane relationship, they can always try again in a year or so after Carol's book gets canceled again. =p
    Her first series lasted... what? About 23 issues? And her recent (the one that launched around Civil War) lasted 50?

Hopefully her new one lasts longer than Alpha Flight and Herc.

Different universe, different circumstance, different calibur. We also had it temporarily in Spider-Man loves Mary Jane with Firestar.
    Spider-Man wasn't the main character of "Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane."

(Just pointing out that the idea of Spidey/Superheroine isn't really an original idea.)

Practicality vs. Principle I'm afraid. It's fine and dandy to want her to succeed on her own merits, but history suggests she simply can't do it. Plus, what do you think this Avenging Spider-Man issue coming up IS?
    A team-up is fine. It's in the tradition of the Mighty Marvel Manner. The Fantastic Four showed up in Amazing Spider-Man #1, after all. But the idea of Carol/Peter makes it seem that Carol is riding on Spidey's coattails.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Spider Powered Time Lord Spider-Mike's Avatar

I found this while doing a google image search for Ms Marvel;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gwen Carol and Kara.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	92094

How cool is that?

Gwen, Carol and Kara.

Gwen - Peter's first love.
    Carol - Peter has dated and has recently found out she has feelings for him
    Kara - I vaguely remember something about a Peter David written issue where Peter mentions he read DC comics as a boy and had a crush on Supergirl. It was years ago when I heard that, and have no idea what issue it was.

Still, pretty cool.
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name's Spider-Man, and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!
    WOLVERINE: *Growls*
    (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Mike View Post
    I found this while doing a google image search for Ms Marvel;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gwen Carol and Kara.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	92094

How cool is that?

Gwen, Carol and Kara.

Gwen - Peter's first love.
    Carol - Peter has dated and has recently found out she has feelings for him
    Kara - I vaguely remember something about a Peter David written issue where Peter mentions he read DC comics as a boy and had a crush on Supergirl. It was years ago when I heard that, and have no idea what issue it was.

Still, pretty cool.
    Carol ain't the only female superhero who has feelings for him. Care to know who else has feeling for Spidey as well? The Black Cat doesn't count!

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Carol ain't the only female superhero who has feelings for him. Care to know who else has feeling for Spidey as well? The Black Cat doesn't count!
    I never said "only"
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name's Spider-Man, and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    How is she so light? I mean really. Not saying that she's fat, but Carol is well-built physical specimen. She's not She-Hulk big but she's larger than say Sue Storm or Emma Frost or probably any X-Girl not named Frenzy.
    I never understand the people who make these ridiculous weights and heights in comics. Do they even SEE real people? All the men are 5/7 to 5/11, with the occasional 6 foot. If you're 6/2 you're gigantic. The women might get to 6 foot and are barely over a hundred pounds? Heights and weights in comics are so laughable, I don't give them any credence. Considering the size of people today, a man 150 pounds would be anorexic unless he's really short. A tall woman at 120? A stick with no definition except skeleton. Its like they got the size tables from the 1700s and try to apply it to modern times. People are much bigger than they used to be, for cripes sake.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Carol, MJ, and Peter as BFF's would definitely get me to read the book(I plan on it anyway though). Only problem with them dating is trying to get a villain powerful enough for both of them, but if that can be solved I would love for them to be in a relationship.
    This AGAIN !!!! Why would they need to pair against a villain ? why can't they just DATE ? why everyone assume a team up must follow, for real !!!
    I want to see ms marvel dating spider-man, or carol dating peter, not making the comics the amazing marvelous couple.

Quote Originally Posted by spideybr View Post
    This AGAIN !!!! Why would they need to pair against a villain ? why can't they just DATE ? why everyone assume a team up must follow, for real !!!
    I want to see ms marvel dating spider-man, or carol dating peter, not making the comics the amazing marvelous couple.
    I would rather see dating occur in the background between Peter and Carol. Although, it looks like he's going to get back with Mary Jane. So I don't think that Peter is likely to not have anymore relationship outings with anyone anytime soon. And he now knows that there are more than just one heroine who has an interest in him: Silver Sable. And Spider-Woman and The Black Widow, despite being in a relationship with other men respectively, would actually date Peter Parker as well. But I feel that things should be kept at the friends level and not progressed into a Fling or a Friends with Benefits type of relationship. I would rather see a mutual friendship develop over a long period of time as it had with The Black Cat and Spider-Man before the events of OMD ever happened.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 05-05-2012 at 12:31 PM.

BANNED

I would rather see dating occur in the background.
    background as in, off panel ? then what would happen on the foreground, nothing ? why date at all.

background as in, off panel ? then what would happen on the foreground, nothing ? why date at all.
    That's not what he meant I don't think.

Background as in it wouldn't be that important to the plot. A few panels here and there... And I agree. One of the things I like about Captain Marvel is that she's a strong enough character that very little relationship drama would be required to make a relationship with her interesting, at least within ASM. The juxtaposition of Peter with one of Marvel's best heroines is enough of an inherently cool idea by itself.

Now when I say a relationship though, I mean a very casual one. They go on dates, but they both agree that they've got too much going on to have any expectations about their relationship with each other evolving into something more serious.

This is a fun thread. Since Carol/Pete will never happen in the near-mid future, we're all basically just spitballing a plot idea.
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

I'm pretty interested in pairing, its very left field and unexpected.

I think it would be an interesting challenge for whoever tries and writes it.

I'm more interested in this than a repeat of pete and mj.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak213 View Post
    I'm pretty interested in pairing, its very left field and unexpected.

I think it would be an interesting challenge for whoever tries and writes it

I'm more interested in this than a repeat of pete and mj.
    A mutual date between Peter x Carol is interesting. Not to mention if he actually got to date Silver Sable, which might surprise a lot of readers. For the timebeing, The Black Widow and Spider-Woman are in their respective relationships; but that's not to say that they wouldn't be interested in Peter Parker. The thing is that Natasha and Jessica would likely to treat their mutual relationship with Peter Parker much differently than their previous relationships. But in truth, it's likely we would see a strong friendship develop among Ms. Marvel, Silver Sable, Black Widow, and Spider-Woman towards Spider-Man for different reasons. The one thing that we can all agree on is the fact that any one of them would make a great alternative to The Black Cat as Spidey's crime fighting partner.

Well im not sure what handsome, suave son of a bitch created this thread, but whoever he is, ill drink to him!

I fully Support Spider-Marvel.

Sure not catchy as Rainbow Slash, but everyone has to start somewhere.

A mutual date between Peter x Carol is interesting. Not to mention if he actually got to date Silver Sable, which might surprise a lot of readers. For the timebeing, The Black Widow and Spider-Woman are in their respective relationships; but that's not to say that they wouldn't be interested in Peter Parker. The thing is that Natasha and Jessica would likely to treat their mutual relationship with Peter Parker much differently than their previous relationships. But in truth, it's likely we would see a strong friendship develop among Ms. Marvel, Silver Sable, Black Widow, and Spider-Woman towards Spider-Man for different reasons. The one thing that we can all agree on is the fact that any one of them would make a great alternative to The Black Cat as Spidey's crime fighting partner.
    Lets just stick to the ones that are single and available.

Plus you know my thoughts on Spider-woman.

But in truth, it's likely we would see a strong friendship develop among Ms. Marvel, Silver Sable, Black Widow, and Spider-Woman towards Spider-Man for different reasons. The one thing that we can all agree on is the fact that any one of them would make a great alternative to The Black Cat as Spidey's crime fighting partner.
    I agree. Most superheroes would be drawn to Spider-Man simply due to his skill, but many find his need to use humour off-putting (save the FF) and so he loses a lot of that prestige. People like Ms. Marvel, Silver Sable, and Black Widow are the exception, because they're also consummate professionals who place results above everything else. A friendship with any of them makes sense.

One of the reasons that Peter and Carol would go so well together is that they're both among the best of the best. So there's a lot of mutual respect and understanding that they couldn't get with many other people.
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong