Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: "America's Got Powers" #1

James Hunt gives Jonathan Ross and Bryan Hitch's "America's Got Powers" #1 4.5 stars, calling the inaugural issue "a powerful opening chapter for a story with a stronger high-concept than you might expect."

Full article here.

LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    James Hunt gives Jonathan Ross and Bryan Hitch's "America's Got Powers" #1 4.5 stars, calling the inaugural issue "a powerful opening chapter for a story with a stronger high-concept than you might expect."

Full article here.
    The title and what I thought it was about initially turned me off to this. But the preview and reviews seem interesting. Going to pick this up in a couple of hours.
    Child of the Bronze Age.
    My Con schedule: Wondercon, E3, SDCC

The Padre (Guy Padre) @ http://godhatesgeeks.com/

I just read it and the review is pretty much spot on. I enjoyed it and I guess the title of the story is a bit off putting, but as far as set up issues go this one keeps you interested.

I thought it was a little long in the tooth. Also the pacing wasn't to my liking. Anyone else agree? I think i'll give issue 2 a try but the first issue didn't sell me.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    I thought it was a little long in the tooth. Also the pacing wasn't to my liking. Anyone else agree? I think i'll give issue 2 a try but the first issue didn't sell me.
    Did you feel like the pacing was slow and the ending could of been reached within a lot less pages? I felt that way in the middle of the book, but it still did sell me.

Yeah I felt mixed after reading the first issue. I am not excited about the 2nd issue, but I already bought 2 and 3 via DCBS preorder. I may dump it this next month. It just didn't do anything for me.