Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48
  1. #16
    Like a boss E. Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCzar View Post
    Can we really consider stories featuring the fake Spider-Man as "Epic"? I think that word gets thrown around too easily.
    Would you prefer LEGEND-

    But for serious, the Reilly titles were (mostly) awesome, and Toy Biz told me he was Spider-Man when they released a toy of him and called it Spider-Man. What more proof do you need that he's a real Spider-Man? Parker, Reilly, O'Herra, Morales...they all count.

    ....ARY!

  2. #17
    Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    15,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    Would you prefer LEGEND-

    But for serious, the Reilly titles were (mostly) awesome, and Toy Biz told me he was Spider-Man when they released a toy of him and called it Spider-Man. What more proof do you need that he's a real Spider-Man? Parker, Reilly, O'Herra, Morales...they all count.

    ....ARY!
    Probably my favourite post of the year.

    PS You could have also ended it with 'Lawyered'.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

  3. #18
    Senior Member Ed Sizzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I would also include Spectacular Spider-Man #241, showing Peter and MJ in the aftermath of their tragedy.
    Weird, innit? I still remember when that issue was published and have a vivid memory of reading it on the bus on the way back from Forbidden Planet, pretty much loathing every page of it. It was like it was trying to rub my face in Pete and MJ's fresh start. I remember completely begrudging them their happiness together, and I came that close to just dropping Spidey after that issue.

    Fast forward ten years, and I finally did drop the book. Cos Pete and MJ weren't together any more.

    "The Tardis, when working properly, is capable of many amazing things. Not unlike myself."

  4. #19
    All out of miracles SpideyCzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Nerdy South
    Posts
    2,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    Would you prefer LEGEND-

    But for serious, the Reilly titles were (mostly) awesome, and Toy Biz told me he was Spider-Man when they released a toy of him and called it Spider-Man. What more proof do you need that he's a real Spider-Man? Parker, Reilly, O'Herra, Morales...they all count.

    ....ARY!
    The Spider-Man created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko is Spider-Man, all the others are interesting alternates or substitutes. But not the real thing to this Spidey fan.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

    Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

  5. #20
    Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    15,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCzar View Post
    The Spider-Man created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko is Spider-Man, all the others are interesting alternates or substitutes. But not the real thing to this Spidey fan.
    31 Flavors and all that.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coconutphone View Post
    31 Flavors and all that.
    Says the person who doesn't even read Spidey anymore! Ben Reilly was a worthless clone that got what he deserved: a goblin glider impaling

  7. #22
    All out of miracles SpideyCzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Nerdy South
    Posts
    2,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Says the person who doesn't even read Spidey anymore! Ben Reilly was a worthless clone that got what he deserved: a goblin glider impaling
    I will say I liked Ben Reilly until the non sense of him being revealed as the "supposed" real Spider-Man. At least he went out like a hero protecting the real Spider-Man.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

    Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

  8. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCzar View Post
    I will say I liked Ben Reilly until the non sense of him being revealed as the "supposed" real Spider-Man. At least he went out like a hero protecting the real Spider-Man.
    He was too much like Peter but with blonde hair. I saw no difference or point to him being the "real Spider-Man". I liked him before he was revealed to be the real one, and then replaced Peter. His suit was cool though

  9. #24
    Like a boss E. Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCzar View Post
    The Spider-Man created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko is Spider-Man, all the others are interesting alternates or substitutes. But not the real thing to this Spidey fan.
    Well, by that logic, then this guy is the "real" Spider-Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by coconutphone View Post
    31 Flavors and all that.
    Well, unless the Question is right.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCzar View Post
    I will say I liked Ben Reilly until the non sense of him being revealed as the "supposed" real Spider-Man. At least he went out like a hero protecting the real Spider-Man.
    Or, from Ben's POV, protecting the clone. Ben saw beyond DNA, because he was cool like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    He was too much like Peter but with blonde hair. I saw no difference or point to him being the "real Spider-Man". I liked him before he was revealed to be the real one, and then replaced Peter. His suit was cool though
    Actually, I kind of agree with that. The fact that they essentially made Ben into Nu-Peter is what neutered him as a character. The Ben Reilly years were my first years of comics, and they hold a special place in that void where my heart should be, but the way the character had been written...I really can't think of a reason to bring him back.

  10. #25
    All out of miracles SpideyCzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Nerdy South
    Posts
    2,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    Well, by that logic, then this guy is the "real" Spider-Man.



    Well, unless the Question is right.



    Or, from Ben's POV, protecting the clone. Ben saw beyond DNA, because he was cool like that.



    Actually, I kind of agree with that. The fact that they essentially made Ben into Nu-Peter is what neutered him as a character. The Ben Reilly years were my first years of comics, and they hold a special place in that void where my heart should be, but the way the character had been written...I really can't think of a reason to bring him back.
    Ben's POV was wrong as we all saw he got all cloney upon dying. And your first response makes no sense as I clearly stated in my view the Spider-Man waas the one created by Stan Lee & Steve Ditko neither has anything to do with your link. Nice attempt though.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

    Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

  11. #26
    Like a boss E. Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCzar View Post
    Ben's POV was wrong as we all saw he got all cloney upon dying.
    That's not the point. Right until Ben's body degenerated, both he and Peter believed Peter was the clone.

  12. #27
    All out of miracles SpideyCzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Nerdy South
    Posts
    2,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    That's not the point. Right until Ben's body degenerated, both he and Peter believed Peter was the clone.
    Because, both were manipulated into thinking so. The years between the Original Clone Saga and the 90's version both rightly so knew who was the real Spider-Man and who the fake was. I'm not saying I don't like the idea or concept of Ben Reilly, I did up until Marvel tried to pass him off as the original, from that point forward I rooted for his demise. And he went out as a hero protecting the one true Spider-Man, Peter Parker.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

    Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

  13. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,426

    Default

    When Ben died, he thought he was protecting the clone. He must have figured that the clone has made a life for himself, is going to become a father and deserves a second chance. Going into death with that mindset makes him even more heroic.

  14. #29
    All out of miracles SpideyCzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Nerdy South
    Posts
    2,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    When Ben died, he thought he was protecting the clone. He must have figured that the clone has made a life for himself, is going to become a father and deserves a second chance. Going into death with that mindset makes him even more heroic.
    Having the DNA and the memories of the one true Spider-Man, gave him those heroic traits to protect the one true Spider-Man from danger.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

    Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

  15. #30
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Ben would never have made a deal with a demon .

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •