Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCzar View Post
    Can we really consider stories featuring the fake Spider-Man as "Epic"? I think that word gets thrown around too easily.
    Would you prefer LEGEND-

But for serious, the Reilly titles were (mostly) awesome, and Toy Biz told me he was Spider-Man when they released a toy of him and called it Spider-Man. What more proof do you need that he's a real Spider-Man? Parker, Reilly, O'Herra, Morales...they all count.

....ARY!

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    Would you prefer LEGEND-

But for serious, the Reilly titles were (mostly) awesome, and Toy Biz told me he was Spider-Man when they released a toy of him and called it Spider-Man. What more proof do you need that he's a real Spider-Man? Parker, Reilly, O'Herra, Morales...they all count.

....ARY!
    Probably my favourite post of the year.

PS You could have also ended it with 'Lawyered'.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I would also include Spectacular Spider-Man #241, showing Peter and MJ in the aftermath of their tragedy.
    Weird, innit? I still remember when that issue was published and have a vivid memory of reading it on the bus on the way back from Forbidden Planet, pretty much loathing every page of it. It was like it was trying to rub my face in Pete and MJ's fresh start. I remember completely begrudging them their happiness together, and I came that close to just dropping Spidey after that issue.

Fast forward ten years, and I finally did drop the book. Cos Pete and MJ weren't together any more.

"The Tardis, when working properly, is capable of many amazing things. Not unlike myself."

Would you prefer LEGEND-

....ARY!
    The Spider-Man created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko is Spider-Man, all the others are interesting alternates or substitutes. But not the real thing to this Spidey fan.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

The Spider-Man created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko is Spider-Man, all the others are interesting alternates or substitutes. But not the real thing to this Spidey fan.
    31 Flavors and all that.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

Quote Originally Posted by coconutphone View Post
    31 Flavors and all that.
    Says the person who doesn't even read Spidey anymore! Ben Reilly was a worthless clone that got what he deserved: a goblin glider impaling

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Says the person who doesn't even read Spidey anymore! Ben Reilly was a worthless clone that got what he deserved: a goblin glider impaling
    I will say I liked Ben Reilly until the non sense of him being revealed as the "supposed" real Spider-Man. At least he went out like a hero protecting the real Spider-Man.
    Original Art Collection

I will say I liked Ben Reilly until the non sense of him being revealed as the "supposed" real Spider-Man. At least he went out like a hero protecting the real Spider-Man.
    He was too much like Peter but with blonde hair. I saw no difference or point to him being the "real Spider-Man". I liked him before he was revealed to be the real one, and then replaced Peter. His suit was cool though

Well, by that logic, then this guy is the "real" Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by coconutphone View Post
    31 Flavors and all that.
    Well, unless the Question is right.

Or, from Ben's POV, protecting the clone. Ben saw beyond DNA, because he was cool like that.

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    He was too much like Peter but with blonde hair. I saw no difference or point to him being the "real Spider-Man". I liked him before he was revealed to be the real one, and then replaced Peter. His suit was cool though
    Actually, I kind of agree with that. The fact that they essentially made Ben into Nu-Peter is what neutered him as a character. The Ben Reilly years were my first years of comics, and they hold a special place in that void where my heart should be, but the way the character had been written...I really can't think of a reason to bring him back.

Well, by that logic, then this guy is the "real" Spider-Man.

Well, unless the Question is right.

Or, from Ben's POV, protecting the clone. Ben saw beyond DNA, because he was cool like that.

Actually, I kind of agree with that. The fact that they essentially made Ben into Nu-Peter is what neutered him as a character. The Ben Reilly years were my first years of comics, and they hold a special place in that void where my heart should be, but the way the character had been written...I really can't think of a reason to bring him back.
    Ben's POV was wrong as we all saw he got all cloney upon dying. And your first response makes no sense as I clearly stated in my view the Spider-Man waas the one created by Stan Lee & Steve Ditko neither has anything to do with your link. Nice attempt though.
    Original Art Collection

Ben's POV was wrong as we all saw he got all cloney upon dying.
    That's not the point. Right until Ben's body degenerated, both he and Peter believed Peter was the clone.

That's not the point. Right until Ben's body degenerated, both he and Peter believed Peter was the clone.
    Because, both were manipulated into thinking so. The years between the Original Clone Saga and the 90's version both rightly so knew who was the real Spider-Man and who the fake was. I'm not saying I don't like the idea or concept of Ben Reilly, I did up until Marvel tried to pass him off as the original, from that point forward I rooted for his demise. And he went out as a hero protecting the one true Spider-Man, Peter Parker.
    Original Art Collection

When Ben died, he thought he was protecting the clone. He must have figured that the clone has made a life for himself, is going to become a father and deserves a second chance. Going into death with that mindset makes him even more heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    When Ben died, he thought he was protecting the clone. He must have figured that the clone has made a life for himself, is going to become a father and deserves a second chance. Going into death with that mindset makes him even more heroic.
    Having the DNA and the memories of the one true Spider-Man, gave him those heroic traits to protect the one true Spider-Man from danger.
    Original Art Collection

BANNED

Ben would never have made a deal with a demon .