View Poll Results: DC New 52 survey

Voters
100. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Love

52 52.00%

33 33.00%
  • Hate

15 15.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I had to vote hate.. I wasnt given a lesser extreme choice for some odd reason.. the poll is horribly flawed and will give no accurate results. That being said, I dont hate the New52. I am disappointing by a lot of it. I find a lot of it seems like an empty soulless version of what came before. I am enjoying certain titles.. those titles are done very well. But liking a handfull of titles out of 52 cant be the basis for saying I "like" the New52. The level of quality between their good books is so far ahead of the bad ones.. its hard to believe the same company is publishing them.

I am not a continuity freak either but telling us that Batman has been around for 5 years and then telling us that there are already 4 "Robins" out there... thats a tough one to swallow. It just does not make any sense and although I dont really care at the end of the day in terms of the actual comic stories.. stuff like that just makes those in charge of this reboot seem like they are mailing it in, or inept. The different versions of what has happened or not happened with the Titans gives me a feeling like the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing also. At the end of the day i am liking Teen Titans.. but the management behind the scenes seems lost or just indifferent, I dont know enough about their actual intent to judge which.

They told us this was a reboot to make it more accessible for new readers and clean up the mess of continuity they had going on. IMO they dont seem to be taking the reboot as seriously as I think a lot of their fans are, which makes it more and more obvious that it wasnt a gimmick to clean up their continuity as much as it was a gimmick to sell as many #1s as they could. They sold a crap-ton of books in doing so. The quick demise of some of the titles as well as the quick turn around and hype of a new batch of #1s feels like they got the message loud and clear too. I feel like they played a lot of people..I find it hard to believe they ever thought some of these titles that have been cancelled or are circling the drain were ever viable. They just knew they could get X amount of them sold under the New52 banner ,with a #1 plastered on the cover, until they came up with some other stuff. Dont try to make the failing titles better in any way either... just throw them out and chuck some more #1s up against the wall and see what sticks. Their plan with Rob Liefield reeks of the same thing. Toss this polarizing has-been on some of these books that will never survive.. but heck.. we can get some train wreck gawkers and some 90s nostalgia seekers to pony up a few more $$s for books that he will never save. ( I understand that scenario might not be 100% accurate.. but that hiring just seems way out of whack with the push for quality that they have been hammering on...Im sure having Jim Lee as a good friend helps! haha )

Oh well.. I have some great DC books that I am enjoying very much (8 -10).. but dropping them all under the New52 banner seems a disservice to some very good books. (but I suppose I cant blame the Shamrock Shake for being sold by McDonalds either )

Quote Originally Posted by comicstvcomputer View Post
    You're garden is overgrown and you're cucumbers are soft
    And your mind is so clogged with the weeds of your own opinions that it shows too much disdain for almost any contrary opinion.

Indifferent. I do not love it, nor hate it.

Overall I'm really enjoying it. Some of the books are very much duds, but that is to be expected considering there were 52 books starting. But the ones I like I really do enjoy.

Voted like. Its not hate or love, but much better than meh. On the candy scale, where circus peanuts are the worst, and Sees Candies are the best, I would rate it as milk duds or a kit kat bar.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

I don't like, hate or love it. I don't like any of the books, but I don't hate any of them either.

Currently anyway. Dial H is on the way, so that'll be me reading one DC book at least.

I am rather new to comics and it gave me the opportunity to jump in feet first into a medium that at first seemed very inaccesible...I currently read about 15 books a month and apart from daredevil and AvX they are all DC. I think allowing new readers a brand new jumping on point was a great idea and I personally love it

Had to vote "hate", because there was no option for "eeeuuuuwww, more messed-up cheap-shock dreck that makes hash of everything and explains nothing!"
    Everything I state is JUST MY OPINION. Take what you like and leave the rest.

I was hoping for a better Superman costume like the one that got rejected that I saw..... I like the reboot to make things simple again. I feel that both dc and marvel need to cut down the multiple solo hero books. I dont feel like keeping up with 3-6 batman books 3-6 xmen books etc.... For my superhero fix I have lately turned towards indie books. Easier to follow...

I recently got into comics with the New 52 being a major catalyst for me doing so. Now I collect a handful of DC titles along with Marvel and some indie. After reading and discussing some, I've also picked up some TPB's to read older material.

Basically, I can't really speak for the state of DC prior to New 52, but the New 52 definitely helped me get into the hobby and begin enjoying it, and I really like some of the titles. Overall, I'd say I love it.
    "Sorrow. How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi Orunitia

Quote Originally Posted by pushav View Post
    I was hoping for a better Superman costume like the one that got rejected that I saw..... I like the reboot to make things simple again. I feel that both dc and marvel need to cut down the multiple solo hero books. I dont feel like keeping up with 3-6 batman books 3-6 xmen books etc.... For my superhero fix I have lately turned towards indie books. Easier to follow...
    You dont need to buy all the batman books. Each writer does his thing. If you like Snyder's style you pick up Batman, if you want something more noir you can get Tec, etc.

You dont need all the books to get the full story. If they could they'd publish 1000 batbooks each month. They're just stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    How come? And I ask that sincerely. What's the problem with the DCU being re-set like this?
    Keeping in mind that I realize this is mostly opinion and not fact here we go.... Ultimately, there just was no reason or at least good enough. Instead of starting with the position "why not" I think it's more important to ask "why" because, in general, stories work as a series of events with some sort of flow of time so changing or ignoring those things, while certainly doable, runs counter to the nature of stories. So, asking "why" instead of "why not"... Well, people like #1's but that's a one trick pony more or less. Sure, you can do it but after you do you loose that one time magic. You could say that it was to simplify back story but that only really happens if you can somehow pretend that in a number of cases that while things may have not happened exactly like described in the pre-boot books some things had to have happened that were very nearly identically similar to them. The Vertigo elements were already being integrated and the Wildstorm ones could have been done with minimal fuss since they were all about in the multiverse anyway. That's basically the crux of it I could make some more gripes but as mentioned, by in large I like the new DCU, I just don't like the path taken to get here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    I enjoyed them being married too, and was sorry to see it go, but at least it was done in a much better way than Spider-Man's marriage was dissolved, I think.
    Completely agree.
    I disagree. While I haven't read ASM in a few months last I read Peter and Mary-Jane were kinda a thing again and while I couldn't imagine Superman making any kinda deal with the devil at least the Spiderman situation was an in story event rather than *poof* suddenly, this married man is ten or fifteen years younger and not married.

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner 6655321 View Post
    I disagree. While I haven't read ASM in a few months last I read Peter and Mary-Jane were kinda a thing again and while I couldn't imagine Superman making any kinda deal with the devil at least the Spiderman situation was an in story event rather than *poof* suddenly, this married man is ten or fifteen years younger and not married.
    The younger part of what you're pointing out didn't make any sense to me; the not being married in the new timeline seemed like something that might reasonably happen if one mucked with a timeline.

The way they changed Spider-Man's status just seemed horribly out of character to me.
    Be all you can be.