Default This has probably been asked before..but *Spoilers*

I haven't read any marvel books for a while and was about to start again, so I flipped through the 2 issues of Ultimate X-Men following where I left off..Magneto and Wanda are back? Did the supposed rule of all deaths are final, that was supposed to seperate the Ultimate Universe from the 616 get repealed?

Nah. there's something strange going on. Magneto, Xavier and Wanda have all supposedly come back from the dead in some form or another but the three are definitely linked to some sort of mysterious secret. They're not really back.

Ahh ok, is there evidence to support this (and if so, pointing me towards the issues would be great ^^), or is it just what a feeling the community has towards it?
    Ame-Comi, Aquaman, Batman, Batwoman, Blue Beetle, I, Vampire, JL, JLD, JLI, Nightwing, Red Hood, Superboy, Supergirl, Teen Titans, Scarlet Spider, Ultimate Spider-Man, X-Factor, X-Men:Legacy.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chainshada View Post
    Ahh ok, is there evidence to support this (and if so, pointing me towards the issues would be great ^^), or is it just what a feeling the community has towards it?
    They told us at a con that if someone who is supposed to be dead shows up to expect something fishy going on. Also the way they have been revealing them is odd as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainshada View Post
    That's a tricky one

Whilst there is no concrete evidence to support anything, it was all part of Nick Spencers big ongoing mystery he was building with dead mutants appearing to people as god figures and manipulating the outcome of events.

However, Spencer has now been replaced on the book from Issue #13 onwards by Brian Wood who will be telling a much more grounded story from the looks of things and they confirmed on the CE2 panel yesterday that the "dead means dead" rule is still very much intact.
    ULTIMATE COMICS ~ DC DARK ~ BUFFY/ANGEL ~ GREEN ARROW ~BATMAN/BATWOMAN ~ THE MASSIVE ~ PLUS LOTS OF IMAGE

either way I'm looking forward to this.
    Thing of the naow: Please let Scott Summer die in AVX

if you wanna know what one of the causes for these "resurections" may be, chances are it's the doing of spoilers:
    Karen Grant/Jean Grey with her incredibly powerful telepathic abilities.
    end of spoilers

If they're still serious about the "Dead means dead" rule, then my theory is that Wanda is still alive (as revealed at the end of X), and using her reality-warping powers to make Xavier and Magneto appear to still be alive.

Either way, something fishy is going on, and all of the Ultimate writers have confirmed that the "dead means dead" rule is still in place.

isn't Mystique alive? I haven't read Ultimate X, but I flipped through it at my LCS and thought I recognized Mystique....
    Prophet, Atomic Robo, Morning Glories, Whispers, Fatale, Saga, Revival, X-O Manowar, Dial H, Mouse Guard, Nowhere Men, Manhattan Projects, Think Tank

Junior Member NapoleonBlownapart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smart Internet Man View Post
    isn't Mystique alive? I haven't read Ultimate X, but I flipped through it at my LCS and thought I recognized Mystique....
    Yeah, during Ultimate X Quicksilver was assembling a new Brotherhood of Mutants, but that plot line's been pretty much abandoned. IIRC the last time they showed up was on the cover to an issue of Ultimate Fallout, and even then they were just on the cover and weren't actually in the comic.

It's a damn shame, too, because I really want to see more of Teddy. He was a pretty interesting character, and way more than just the Blob's replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonBlownapart View Post
    Yeah, during Ultimate X Quicksilver was assembling a new Brotherhood of Mutants, but that plot line's been pretty much abandoned. IIRC the last time they showed up was on the cover to an issue of Ultimate Fallout, and even then they were just on the cover and weren't actually in the comic.

It's a damn shame, too, because I really want to see more of Teddy. He was a pretty interesting character, and way more than just the Blob's replacement.
    so it's entirely possible Mystique could be playing everyone?
    Prophet, Atomic Robo, Morning Glories, Whispers, Fatale, Saga, Revival, X-O Manowar, Dial H, Mouse Guard, Nowhere Men, Manhattan Projects, Think Tank

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonBlownapart View Post

Quicksilver's Brotherhood will return. You'll see. And possibly a few new mutants joining them too.

Btw your name is cool.