Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Like everything except the skirt. Not enough material to the point its more like random tassles than an actual skirt. But it works for a temporary thing.

BANNED

I love the Screaming Chicken armor because it's almost monochromatic and big, flashy and over the top, exactly what Wonder Woman should be. Yet through it's quirkiness it's formidable and she's kicked major ass in it.

Sidebar: I thought "Screaming Chicken" was a wholly Wonder Woman term coined by a forum member, but it's actually the derisive nickname for Pontiac Tran Ams and a sex act.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Impact View Post
    I love the Screaming Chicken armor because it's almost monochromatic and big, flashy and over the top, exactly what Wonder Woman should be. Yet through it's quirkiness it's formidable and she's kicked major ass in it.
    I don't like the helmet at all, and the wings seemed pointless. And that's not a proper way to display the US flag. Remove all that and it isn't awful, I'd agree.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Pardon me if this has already been discussed, I checked and didn't see any mention of this particular tidbit...
    Apparently the armor outfit in #8 is Chiang's own design for the WW relaunch before the Jim Lee design was chosen. That is the outfit that was planned for Diana when they decided on the new direction. All kinds of awesome. See Project:Rooftop's interview with Chiang
    http://www.tencentticker.com/project...-wonder-woman/
    Interesting, well, I'm glad they got to use it, because I love it, and her hair being tied up with that golden rope/lasso, is the cherry on top, she indeed, looks like an amazonian princess, ready for war.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    I don't like the helmet at all, and the wings seemed pointless. And that's not a proper way to display the US flag. Remove all that and it isn't awful, I'd agree.
    Those are the parts I like most. Remove them and you basically have the Mike Sekowsky armor I posted earlier, which is nice, but very generic.

There's just something about the bird image I enjoy.

Jesus Christ Maximum, it's just an armor she's gonna have for this issue and then it will be gone. Can you not make a big deal out of it?
    Last edited by Dr. Hurt; 04-18-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    Agreed. The helmet and wings belong to Hawkman. Put the stars on the skirt part and its a decent look.