Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Jesus tapdancing Christ! This is going to be the best issue of the new 52! That armor, that greek hair, that Eros being a bro, that Underworld!!!
    When was the last time the WW book was this awesome?

Also, Azz is clearly hinting that Hermes is a traitor.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Yeah--he's now hinting it so hard that I'm beginning to wonder if it might be misdirection.

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    eta:
    "Archaic" - pot-shot at WW and her fans?
    I think he just meant that Themiscyra isnt advanced like pre-Flashpoint, and those are the kind of weapons WW was trained to fight with.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    The Underworld is so very awesome and not at all what I was expecting. I love, love, love that it's appeaences changes on Hades whim.

I've always loved Diana in a skirt so the new outfit is superb imo, and I especially love that she tied her hair back, with the lasso from the looks of it. It's kinda cool that Eros was willing to go with her, and that Hephaestus is still happily helping her, I did wonder if thingswould be unpleasantly tense between them. Now I'm hoping that Eros sticks around as a regular support cast for her.

Wednesday can not come fast enough.
    Truth be told, she does look a bit archaic herself now. That's a cool armor, but she looks like she just came from ancient greece. What i like about her current suit (i mean the Lee one) is that it's modern and sharp and it also conveys her warrior nature, but without making her look archaic.

But yeah, this armor is really cool. I particularly love the chestplate and those armoured plates for her right hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Hades changes each time you enter.... I love it!!! Love guns, new outfit, what more could I want???
    It opens up so much potential! They can keep revisiting the underworld and every time it will be different!

That sly crooked genius bastard Azzarello! He asks for a skirted Wonder Woman, but DC says no because of the fans, but aha! "Battle armor" excuse always does the trick. :) Awesome.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    Yeah--he's now hinting it so hard that I'm beginning to wonder if it might be misdirection.
    I'm beginning to wonder that myself, but if it's not Hermes then who could it be? Could it somehow be Zola? That would be a great twist.
    Top DC: Wonder Woman
    Top Marvel: X-Men, Hawkeye, All New X-Factor, Ms. Marvel

RIP I, Vampire

Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    That sly crooked genius bastard Azzarello! He asks for a skirted Wonder Woman, but DC says no because of the fans, but aha! "Battle armor" excuse always does the trick. :) Awesome.
    That's barely a skirt though. The upper part of the suit is really cool, but i find it lacking below the waist.
    Quote Originally Posted by sberg1 View Post
    I am so in love with this run it's ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    I'm with you all the way.
    I'm with you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Seant View Post
    This looks fantastic. I wish the eagle looked more traditional, like the eagle throne on the cover of #11, but it's a small complaint.
    We've had that since forever. This new eagle looks cool, as did the one she had in Flashpoint.
    I'm beginning to wonder that myself, but if it's not Hermes then who could it be? Could it somehow be Zola? That would be a great twist.
    But Zola is right there with her in that new #11 cover. Hermes isnt.

I'm beginning to wonder that myself, but if it's not Hermes then who could it be?
    Hippolyta is the traitor! The statue was only a decoy! Muahahaha!

Seriously, Hermes could still be the traitor, but maybe the real surprise is the SIZE of his treachery. What if he was actually one of the bigger schemer of this plot? He could be the puppet master behind Zeus dissapearence, and the true main bad guys instead of Apollo. That would explain why he started protecting Zola out of seemingly nowhere and why he seems to know more than many others.

Oh my god, take my money, Azzarello & Chiang, take all of it! This already amazing run just keeps getting better than better.

I'm surprised we went four pages without any negatives comments.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    Hippolyta is the traitor! The statue was only a decoy! Muahahaha!

Seriously, Hermes could still be the traitor, but maybe the real surprise is the SIZE of his treachery. What if he was actually one of the bigger schemer of this plot? He could be the puppet master behind Zeus dissapearence, and the true main bad guys instead of Apollo. That would explain why he started protecting Zola out of seemingly nowhere and why he seems to know more than many others.
    I'm not so sure if he's behind Zeus's disappearance but he definitely is in on it. Perhaps his job was to oversee Zola's safety and he had to incorporate Diana into the plan. Could it be he bails on her, with Zola, from Hades, leaving her to fend for herself and get out of there on her own (all under the prime directive of Zeus himself?)

BANNED

Her baby turns out to be a facehugger...

Awesome preview, Chiang is such an awesome artist and the Underworld uniform is astounding. The design of London as Hades is amazing as well.

I am so in love with this run it's ridiculous.
    Same here! A person should not love a comic book this much, it's obscene!

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    what I can't wait for are the WW crazies that will trash this wonderful work after on these forums
    man that was crazy
    Sadly, this is exactly what I've come to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    This feeds into my observation that Hephaestus is very bitter about something (can't wait to see what), and has a general dislike/bias against the other gods and their allies. Makes me wonder whether he was adding a bit of color to his story from the past issue. I've come to love Hermes, so anything that fills out his back-story is a win for me.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by liopleurodon View Post
    This feeds into my observation that Hephaestus is very bitter about something (can't wait to see what), and has a general dislike/bias against the other gods and their allies. Makes me wonder whether he was adding a bit of color to his story from the past issue. I've come to love Hermes, so anything that fills out his back-story is a win for me.
    You might be on to something. Maybe Hermes isnt a traitor and a liar, but Hephastus just doesnt like him and his Olympian cohorts, probably because they snubbed him.

I'm not a fan of the new skirt.

Had it been more like Xena's battle skirt, I'd have liked it more. But as it stands, it's like... why is she wearing the skirt when you can see her panties anyway?
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    There we go now WW is ready to kick some booty!!!!

Personally I like the idea of heroes changing up their costumes and looks from time to time. No person wears the same thing 24/7
    Even I'm forced to admit: as battle armor, this beats the Screaming Chicken all to hell.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.