Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    Two things I didn't like about tonight's episode:

1)Senator Wen(played by Ming-Na Wen--clever!) turns out to work for the evil conspiracy. Yeah, make the one Asian chick on the show evil.
    She may of been the only Asian currently on the show, but Henry's gf was also Asian.

Though I really don't think a person should be placed on the "no evil" list just because of their race. She's not a villain because she's Asian, she's a villain because she's a cowardly bitch. Those come in all shapes, sizes, and colors.

I kind of want to see Carter uppercut her in the face. I didn't particularly like Holly, but Winn comes off like she needs it.
    Last edited by Surtur; 04-24-2012 at 12:20 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Senator Wen has to be evil cause she's a senator. She been a mysterious character throughout the series plus there was Senator (forgot name) who was in league withe consortium from season 1.
    1st - She sends Holly in to get a grant for the FTL flight
    2nd - She is part of the panel that hand picks the canidants
    3rd - She cleared Zane for launch despite a criminal record that should have booted him.

Idealistic Senator or an Evil Mastermind. Kind of hard to determine until the reveal

For Beverly I think her motives have always been about the belief that the consortium always could handle information, developments, and technology better than the rest of the world. She saw the consortium members as a step up from the rest of humanity. I think with Holly's death that she understands that the consortium is just as power grabbing and ruthless as the gov't and organizations they hold in contempt.
    Last edited by ddqfpluskick; 04-24-2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: More information.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    But she hasn't killed anyone. Every person has a line they will not cross. Beverly is a stone cold bitch with her own agenda, but she has never to my memory been presented as a killer.
    She hasn't killed anyone with her own hands, but I'm pretty sure people have died as a side result of her machinations.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    The whole "kidnap the Astraeus crew and lock 'em in the Matrix" plot is kinda stupid. Killing Holly just because she figured out she was in a simulation was even stupider. What, they couldn't have thought of a way to make her think she was hallucinating or something?
    They explained pretty clearly that the problem with the system was caused by it being stretched beyond its capacity because of Allison's unexpected addition. Even if they'd found a way to throw Holly off this time, there would still be more glitches. It was only a matter of time before they piled up to the point where the 2 dozen captured geniuses started to figure it out. A persistent solution was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    But she hasn't killed anyone. Every person has a line they will not cross. Beverly is a stone cold bitch with her own agenda, but she has never to my memory been presented as a killer.
    Actually Beverly did kill someone in the 2nd episode of the first season via poison. The reasons she did it weren't any better then the reasons Winn killed Holly.
    Last edited by Surtur; 04-25-2012 at 09:01 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Actually Beverly did kill someone in the 2nd episode of the first season via poison. The reasons she did it weren't any better then the reasons Winn killed Holly.
    And really, regardless of whether she had or hadn't, there's been nothing in her demeanor to suggest there was any line she wouldn't cross to get what she wanted. Her actions have repeatedly endangered lives with nary a hint of hesitation or remorse from her.

Anyone think there's a chance Holly might somehow live?

It's possible that one of the evil team is a plant and there to monitor them and help take them down once they reveal enough of their master plan. So that person could resuscitate Holly. I hope that something saves her though, cause she is adorable and very good for Fargo.

Just watched the 2nd episode..... THOSE !$"$$$$ killed Holly

Quote Originally Posted by adamisme View Post
    Just watched the 2nd episode..... THOSE !$"$$$$ killed Holly
    Yeah, that was pretty hardcore. i suppose they could have just killed a "red shirt" and Beverly's reaction would have been the same, but it wouldn't have had the emotional impact on the audience. Still with this being the last season it is a shame that Fargo won't get a happy ending.Carter and Fargo in on the bench was touching.
    The resolution was pretty cool, especially when Wen realized where she really was.

I had hoped that they kept the abducted crew and evil senator wen storyline a bit longer , the bad guys planned for this thing for months on end and then in one week , they got busted.

Going back to the standard weekly science experiment gone wrong episodes just won't be the same after that setup.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    I had hoped that they kept the abducted crew and evil senator wen storyline a bit longer , the bad guys planned for this thing for months on end and then in one week , they got busted.
    They only got busted because one of their own betrayed them, without that they would of gotten away with it..at least for a decent amount of time.

Going back to the standard weekly science experiment gone wrong episodes just won't be the same after that setup.
    Eh, I'd rather have the show go back to the Eureka we know and love then keep focusing stories partly in a fake reality. This is the last season, I don't want it wasted on a matrix storyline.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Yeah, that was pretty hardcore. i suppose they could have just killed a "red shirt" and Beverly's reaction would have been the same, but it wouldn't have had the emotional impact on the audience. Still with this being the last season it is a shame that Fargo won't get a happy ending.Carter and Fargo in on the bench was touching.
    The resolution was pretty cool, especially when Wen realized where she really was.
    I still find Beverly's sudden growth of a conscience a bit too plot-convenient. I hope they revisit the Sen. Wen issue for full resolution. Where is her actual physical body? Now that Bev is on the outs with her evil cabal, where'd she get the tech to jack Wen in? For that matter, wasn't their faux-Matrix destroyed by Carter and Co? So how'd Beverly even have any (virtual) place to put her?

yeah, this might be resolved for now, not permanently resolved though, it will be by season end

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I still find Beverly's sudden growth of a conscience a bit too plot-convenient. I hope they revisit the Sen. Wen issue for full resolution. Where is her actual physical body? Now that Bev is on the outs with her evil cabal, where'd she get the tech to jack Wen in? For that matter, wasn't their faux-Matrix destroyed by Carter and Co? So how'd Beverly even have any (virtual) place to put her?
    This is a slightly different Beverly though, not exactly the same Beverly as in Season One due to the time jump the five took the previous season. Just look at Henry (comes back and finds that he's married), Fargo (now head of GD) and Jo (head of security at GD).

Beverly is a survivor, I'm sure she has backup plans for emergencies. It could be that even though Wen is her immediate supervisor Wen might have overstepped her authority in killing Holly and Bev didn't have the time to consult higher level authorities before Holly's plug was pulled.
    In search of Claire...or Libby Hoeler :D

"What is illness to the body of a knight-errant? What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again, and woe to the wicked.
    "