Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ddqfpluskick View Post
    I too will post my flag in the anti Jo/Carter camp. Zayne's electro-shock and this new relationship made me thing with 100% that this would be a fake out. I was still holding out for Jo and Taggert pair up.
    This is TV....uggos don't get the hot girl

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Yeah, but that's a bit vague. She was going on about wanting him to stop nukes from being made or something, or that is what her father wanted to do.

Are they simply your standard evil organization that want to control Eureka and therefore possibly the world? It seemed like they could of been much more then that.
    it is...did you miss that whole scene?...she explained that her father was part of the same organization...basically this group believes that mankind is only ready for certain steps of progress and wants to control mankind to that end and get the good stuff for themselves...which is why they have the Astraeus crew
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    it is...did you miss that whole scene?...she explained that her father was part of the same organization...basically this group believes that mankind is only ready for certain steps of progress and wants to control mankind to that end and get the good stuff for themselves...which is why they have the Astraeus crew
    I remember the scene, but it didn't shed a whole lot of light on what they are planning. Why do they want the good tech? For what reason? World domination? Just because? I'm just hoping they shed a lot more light on the entire organization.

Also, Dr. Grant wasn't evil or as bad as Beverly, it's possible she left out a lot of what they are about.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

keep all the good stuff for yourself while humanity lives in technological squalor

who wouldn't want that?
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    keep all the good stuff for yourself while humanity lives in technological squalor

who wouldn't want that?
    Yeah, but why? Are they going to be living in mansions with all this tech, laughing at everyone else?

They already have access to some pretty decent tech it seems, what else do they need?

Is there some eutopia they have and are just planning to live in? Are they planning to just take over Eureka and chill there? Since they really didn't need to form an organization for that. The group obviously has talented scientists, they'd probably be welcome in Eureka.

They really come off as just terrorists who want to use Eureka's secrets for..something, but we aren't really clear on what. Do they have some grand piece of tech in mind for the Eureka scientists to build?
    Last edited by Surtur; 04-18-2012 at 03:49 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Yeah, but why? Are they going to be living in mansions with all this tech, laughing at everyone else?

They already have access to some pretty decent tech it seems, what else do they need?

Is there some eutopia they have and are just planning to live in? Are they planning to just take over Eureka and chill there? Since they really didn't need to form an organization for that. The group obviously has talented scientists, they'd probably be welcome in Eureka.
    There's only so much logic you can try and apply to evil world-conquering schemes before it becomes an exercise in futility.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    There's only so much logic you can try and apply to evil world-conquering schemes before it becomes an exercise in futility.
    True true, I'd still like to know a bit more about their end game.

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Two things I didn't like about tonight's episode:

1)Senator Wen(played by Ming-Na Wen--clever!) turns out to work for the evil conspiracy. Yeah, make the one Asian chick on the show evil.

2)Holly Martin (played by Felicia Day) was killed off! SERIOUSLY? One less reason to watch the show.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    Two things I didn't like about tonight's episode:

1)Senator Wen(played by Ming-Na Wen--clever!) turns out to work for the evil conspiracy. Yeah, make the one Asian chick on the show evil.
    Oh stop. Not all villains need to be white guys in suits.

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    2)Holly Martin (played by Felicia Day) was killed off! SERIOUSLY? One less reason to watch the show.
    Not really a shock. Given that it's the final season, odds were good that someone would die, just to up the ante and provide more momentum towards the finale. I'm assuming that she'll continue to "live" in the construct as a CG character. I'm more interest in what we saw in the next week preview. How does Beverly end up helping Jack and Co.? I find it hard to believe that Holly's murder was enough to make her grow a conscience, given some of the stuff she's pulled.

Ugh, this organizations plans are getting dumber by the minute. Making a machine that can only hold the minds of 20 people exactly? They didn't think that maybe they might want to have a little wiggle room? Not to mention the whole "we kidnapped some of the greatest minds to work for us." "But if they discover the ruse, pull the plug and kill them." For people who are supposed to be presented as being a step ahead of Eureka, they sure have alot of stupid reactions for when their house of cards comes falling down.
    Yeah I give up. They would need like a bajillion UNs to take it out. And they would all have to work.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Ugh, this organizations plans are getting dumber by the minute. Making a machine that can only hold the minds of 20 people exactly? They didn't think that maybe they might want to have a little wiggle room? Not to mention the whole "we kidnapped some of the greatest minds to work for us." "But if they discover the ruse, pull the plug and kill them." For people who are supposed to be presented as being a step ahead of Eureka, they sure have alot of stupid reactions for when their house of cards comes falling down.
    there's something you need to consider: maybe they made it for twenty people because twenty people were the best they could make?

...I find it hard to believe that Holly's murder was enough to make her grow a conscience, given some of the stuff she's pulled.
    But she hasn't killed anyone. Every person has a line they will not cross. Beverly is a stone cold bitch with her own agenda, but she has never to my memory been presented as a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    there's something you need to consider: maybe they made it for twenty people because twenty people were the best they could make?
    While true it would seem ridiculously arbitrary. Of course the entire plan is stupid to begin with. They have Wen on the inside. Why the hell do they need to kidnap a handfull of scientists just to steal their designs when Wen could do that for the whole town of Eureka? And now because of their lack of foresight one scientist is already dead. I'd of thought the evil genius organization in a show about smart people would be presented as more intellegent than this.
    Yeah I give up. They would need like a bajillion UNs to take it out. And they would all have to work.

If they were smarter than that, they would have been inside Eureka, doing the work they hope to steal. They are moderately intelligent thugs, content with stealing the work of others and selling it to the highest bidder as opposed to doing the work themselves.

The whole "kidnap the Astraeus crew and lock 'em in the Matrix" plot is kinda stupid. Killing Holly just because she figured out she was in a simulation was even stupider. What, they couldn't have thought of a way to make her think she was hallucinating or something? These are the type of people who probably kill their interns for not making the coffee sweet enough. No wonder they haven't conquered the earth yet--they're morons. I seriously cannot wait for this subplot to come to an end.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Oh stop. Not all villains need to be white guys in suits.
    Yeah, they kinda do. There have been more than enough non-white villains over the years. Besides, Ming Na is too hot to be evil!

PHOENIX INVICTUS!