Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Digital reader here, bu I'm pre-ordering a print copy to support a book I'm super excited about!

I'm definitely pre-ordering and it will probably be a couple of copies for myself and some interested friends who I'm slowly but surely turning into comic fans.

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ironbyte View Post
    As fan pf carol and floppies lover, i'm goinf, as soon as possible, preorder captain marvel #1...

Live long Carol, live long captain marvel comic... but please (if someone of the creative team of the series read me , please add a mask to carol's costume, please, i dislike superheroes without masks)
    from previews I have seen of interior there will be a mask for her
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Whenever it's solicited I will pre order it. Looking forward to this series as I enjoyed some of Ms. marvel's last series.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

I am a trade waiter. I am not willing to pre-order the paper copies just to help, but would pre-ordering the hard cover help? There is no doubt that I will order that when it comes out. Or will it be solicited too late to do any good (i.e. the book will have either achieved some degree of success or not by that point)?

Quote Originally Posted by Corey W View Post
    I am a trade waiter. I am not willing to pre-order the paper copies just to help, but would pre-ordering the hard cover help? There is no doubt that I will order that when it comes out. Or will it be solicited too late to do any good (i.e. the book will have either achieved some degree of success or not by that point)?
    It could help depending on how long the ongoing lasts. If it can't settle at a sustainable level by issue 4, it's pretty much doomed to cancellation by the release of the first trade.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

BANNED

they should let people pre-order comics on comixology if its really that important.

I think they went out of their way to make the solicits around Captain Marvel as boring as humanly possible. Captain Marvel is a woman! And really powerful! And Captain America shows up in the first issue! READ IT!

AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #9
    KELLY SUE DECONNICK (w) • TERRY DODSON (a&C)
    • Spider-Man plummets into action with the star of this month’s hottest new comic: the all new CAPTAIN MARVEL!
    • 50,000 feet up and only on one of them can fly ...
    • Is the World’s Greatest Super Hero Ready for a ride with Earth’s Mightiest Hero?

CAPTAIN MARVEL #1
    KELLY SUE DeCONNICK (w) • DEXTER SOY (a)
    Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
    VARIANT COVER BY ADI GRANOV
    ASM 50th Anniversary Variant by Paolo Rivera
    • SHE’S BACK! The “Mightiest” of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes!
    • Ace pilot. Legendary Avenger. 100% pure bad-a$$.
    • Carol Danvers has a new name, a new mission ...and all the power she needs to make her life a living hell.
    • Guest starring Captain America.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99
    Currently recommending: Daredevil, Mudman ( it's back!), Hawkguy, and FF. Can't miss!

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    from previews I have seen of interior there will be a mask for her
    and it looks horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlefood View Post
    I think they went out of their way to make the solicits around Captain Marvel as boring as humanly possible. Captain Marvel is a woman! And really powerful! And Captain America shows up in the first issue! READ IT!
    Anticipated controversy with all the changes in Carol. They need a solid male character whom she can respect in the first issue... probably not to help her or anything, but just to give her his stamp of approval. Because you know, every strong woman needs a man's approval. Right?

AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #9
    KELLY SUE DECONNICK (w) • TERRY DODSON (a&C)
    • Spider-Man plummets into action with the star of this month’s hottest new comic: the all new CAPTAIN MARVEL!
    • 50,000 feet up and only on one of them can fly ...
    • Is the World’s Greatest Super Hero Ready for a ride with Earth’s Mightiest Hero?
    Mightiest hero?? Seriously? I can count on my fingers and toes (and then some) heroes that are mightier... unless they're giving her a serious boost in power. And even if they do, what is she supposed to be --the new Sentry? People at Marvel seriously need to be shot with a poop gun --or crap cannon, something appropriate to their ideas.

CAPTAIN MARVEL #1
    KELLY SUE DeCONNICK (w) • DEXTER SOY (a)
    Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
    VARIANT COVER BY ADI GRANOV
    ASM 50th Anniversary Variant by Paolo Rivera
    • SHE’S BACK! The “Mightiest” of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes!
    • Ace pilot. Legendary Avenger. 100% pure bad-a$$.
    • Carol Danvers has a new name, a new mission ...and all the power she needs to make her life a living hell.
    • Guest starring Captain America.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99
    Bad-a$$? Seriously? I'm sorry, but if they can't use the word "ass," then I suspect that there will be nothing bad ass about her... just plain bad, and plenty of it.

BANNED

I'm going to give it a shot because im a Ms Marvel fan and i love the idea of her becoming the next Cap Marvel. But if its at 3.99 then forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sparky View Post
    I want female solo titles to succeed too... just not this one (or anything with either of the fake She-Hulks in it).

I've joked about it before, but I am going to steal some copies of this comic when it comes out, chop them up, and put them in my refridgerator. Then I'll take photos and post it on the web. You know what they say about no such thing as bad publicity? Consider that my effort to support this comic.
    Just so you know, I was iffy about the Captain Marvel redesign and codename shift, but your constant barrage of hate on these forums has caused me to be 100% for it. So your "no such thing as bad publicity" campaign is already working! :)

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    they should let people pre-order comics on comixology if its really that important.
    It really does make perfect sense considering the impending shift to digital.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I hope this one "makes it". The last volume went 50 issues and that is a goodly long time these days.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Can I do that online?
    Midtown Comics now has all July issues up for Pre-Order:

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/d...L+%231_1205086

Generally speaking, whether or not you can do it online just depends on whether or not the comic shop of your choice does online sales.

I bought every issue of Carol (and Karla!)'s last title, and thoroughly enjoyed it. But funds are a bit tighter now, so I'm a bit pickier about what I'm buying. And that means even something as shallow as a costume change can be the difference between Marvel getting my money or not.

And this time around, it's going to be not.

"The Tardis, when working properly, is capable of many amazing things. Not unlike myself."