Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    What would be the reason to introduce her character into the book? I'm all for it if Asmus can do it, but just shoe horning in characters becomes a problem after a while. See PAD's X-Factor. That has a cast of 12 members, and half of the characters are either redundant or completely unnecessary to the over all plot. They just get added on like PAD is playing Pokemon and he has to "catch'em all" in order to please fans. If he can do it, good, but at least make the addition make sense within the book.

I dunno, maybe because she's an intergalactic thief and he says Gambit will be going to other worlds. Plus the AOA counterparts were on the same team.

Living is easy with eyes red eyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
    I wanted some actual running goal, I would have really preferred an end goal. I think keeping Hope safe to bring her back to the MU did wonders for Cable's book. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised and this book has a complex story and staying power.
    They mention that he's trying to solve an impossible mystery throughout, that's the endgoal. Something about an artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    darkstar > Lila Cheney
    You've inspired me to check the Death to Comics Podcast

Retired

CV: Gambit's always been a bit of a ladies' man, will we see that played up or is he dedicated to Rogue?

JA: Oh, make no mistake – he’s a free agent right now. And I plan to take full advantage of that fact. I think one of the greatest aspects of Gambit’s character is his flirtatious charm. And that fits perfectly with the sexy spy/heist type of angle we’re crafting for the book. So there will be plenty of love interests – new and old – tied up in his dirty business.
    I approve of this direction, but I don't think Legacy or Astonishing will be consistent with it. Seriously, anyone plan on telling Marjorie Liu? Is this punishment for her mistakes?

PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Lila Cheney (616 or AoA) would be an awesome fit if they're doing something intergalactic...

Quote Originally Posted by red eyes View Post
    They mention that he's trying to solve an impossible mystery throughout, that's the endgoal. Something about an artifact.
    A bit of an indiana jones vibe would be great for the book!
    current top5 - The Unwritten, X-factor, The Walking Dead, WATXM, Amazing Spiderman

"You see a mousetrap. I see free cheese and a F***ing challenge" Introdiction - Scroobius Pip

Yes but the artifact as far as I can tell is nothing but a goal for Gambit to test his skill. There seems to be no connection to anything or any goal for the X-Men, Avengers, or the MU as a whole. Since this was coming on the end of AvX, I was hoping for something that brought Gambit into greater MU and interacting with some of its characters because his skills are seen as useful. Not just to himself but because Cap or Scott or Wolverine or more than one of them could grow a brain and realize what an assest a great thief could be not just because Gambit's bored. Sort of disappointed that the premise is still the stock plot Marvel used for Gambit's last series. Gambit steals stuff because he's good at it, let's just not have him do it in NO this time and let's be a bit more serious about it. Sure I love seeing Gambit doing his thing but I'd love it more if it had some relevance in the long run. I like the whole quest/Indiana Jones idea (heck that was Fabian's idea for the first series and it was great the first year) but I was all hyped for the book to be a little more connected and relevant than just to Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    I approve of this direction, but I don't think Legacy or Astonishing will be consistent with it. Seriously, anyone plan on telling Marjorie Liu? Is this punishment for her mistakes?
    I assume she knows and more I think the CeCe thing was done poorly and too much off panel (gee who even asked the other out the first time and why?)unless she's more trying for a Storm and Gambit vibe from them since she can't have Storm. Gambit's a free agent as stated right now. Rogue was the one who decided to jump in another direction. Let him be a free agent.

More, it's about time Rogue had to win him back if they ever decide to try again (which should be some time off now) so let him be free and not worried about if either one is around the next morning.

i am surprised that they're trying another ongoing. i do like the sound of it as far as having gambit do things on his own & away from the x-men, though. hopefully the book will make it for a few arcs at least. i may check out the trade if it does & reviews are mostly positive.
    and i'm counting 1, counting 2, counting 3...

Can't wait to see what his new threads look like.

Big fan and am excited Asmus is on this. Hopefully it will last for a while, all though I'm worried about that. I'll be picking this up monthly. Really glad they aren't going thieves Guild route. Should be good.

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seresecros View Post
    You've inspired me to check the Death to Comics Podcast
    VICTORY!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tecmo Week.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	91896
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Mann Mann seems like a winning idea for this book imo.

If the mysterious woman is Mystique, I won't buy this.

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post

he can shave and change for his woman? wtf Either she is daydreaming or he is putting her on.
    Last edited by MartinRedmond; 04-16-2012 at 08:44 AM.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

I look forward to 3 totally different Gambits every month.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    he can shave and change for his women? wtf
    Cece's been trying to fix him for the longest time:

Guess it doesn't work out. (Good! Though I'd kill for Clay Mann Cecilia).
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

san francisco - the free range twink farm

And scooby snacks.