Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,921

    Default C2E2: Jhonen Vasquez Talks Johnny, Zim & More

    Jhonen Vasquez and collaborator J.R. Goldberg discuss the origins of "Invader Zim," talk about a new series they're currently pitching and tease a potential animated film based on the world of "Johnny the Homicidal Maniac."


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    When I read JTHM, I was blown AWAY, and Squee!!! Then I heard he was making a cartoon for Nickelodeon and I said.. you mean mtv or hbo right!? Nope - Invader Zim was epic, but nickelodeon couldnt handle it and in a time before adult swim it was canceled. I waited for more... and waited and waited. i read interview after interview in which jhonen vazquez said he refused to do more johnny or Zim. Basically spitting in the face of his fans and proving that he's a 'non-conformist' just like every one else, that he wouldn't 'sell-out' - It has now been about a decade of him releasing absolutely nothing (I dont count those horrible little comics that I wasted money on like jellyfist) - So am i happy to hear this news - NO. Firstly it will NEVER happen and even if it does - it will be crap. Because Jhonen isnt a sell out/non-conformist. Translation: He's too cool to produce things that people enjoy and have humbly requested as an adoring fan.

  3. #3
    Laser Life Phantom Bravery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Left Coast
    Posts
    421

    Default

    I like his work and am a huge fan Invader Zim but geez he comes off a dick in this article. Not sure if he's always like this or just being funny but wow "I just hate women in general, they're not very funny". Really Jhonen?

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I'm Jhonen Vasquez, and I gotta say, I was never a big fan of what I do, but this article makes me hate me even more. I never really devoted much interest other than being vaguely aware that I hated me, but finding out I hate women just pushes me over the edge and now I have to just let the world know. The way this was written completely removes any sense of context or the sarcasm and I find that helpful in focusing just how disgusted I am with myself. GOOD DAY, ME!
    Last edited by Jhnenvee; 04-15-2012 at 02:28 PM.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hey, this is J.R. Goldberg. I spoke on that panel with Jhonen. This article is horrifically written, giving no context to the jokes and merely states them as factual quotes. The writer of this article should not be allowed to have fingers for typing anymore. I can confidently state, that Jhonen does not hate women, nor is he a shut in, as some of you may have gleaned from this hogwash.

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Registered just because Jhonen and J.R. are angry.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Have to agree with Jhonen about the article. I spotted Vasquez bring spelt Vazquez when I read this earlier.

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    The person who wrote this article obviously has no sense of humor. This panel was hilarious. Jhonen has a very dry sense of humor, and the person who wrote this article is more clueless on human emotions than Dr. Sheldon Cooper. Article FAIL.

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    no, jhonen really does hate women. i once saw him at a burrito place while i was buying dentures for my dog, and he actually ran out of the diner and slapped me. additionally, when i asked him for a bite of his burrito he licked the whole thing first and said "dibs".

  10. #10
    LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropicflux View Post
    no, jhonen really does hate women. i once saw him at a burrito place while i was buying dentures for my dog, and he actually ran out of the diner and slapped me. additionally, when i asked him for a bite of his burrito he licked the whole thing first and said "dibs".
    Had to comment not just because I am a huge fan of JTHM, but because this story right here would make a funny-ass comic. "Burrito Slap." I'd buy that. :)
    Child of the Bronze Age.
    My Con schedule: Wondercon, E3, SDCC

    The Padre (Guy Padre) @ http://godhatesgeeks.com/

  11. #11
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Well, I wrote the article and actually thought you were funny and that the sarcasm was clear. I apologize if it did not come across as such -- but it was clearly sarcasm and funny.

  12. #12
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cunch View Post
    Hey, this is J.R. Goldberg. I spoke on that panel with Jhonen. This article is horrifically written, giving no context to the jokes and merely states them as factual quotes. The writer of this article should not be allowed to have fingers for typing anymore. I can confidently state, that Jhonen does not hate women, nor is he a shut in, as some of you may have gleaned from this hogwash.
    I don't see them as factual quotes but as sarcastic and funny.

  13. #13
    Thunder Crash Personamanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    38,298

    Default

    This Thread is funny.

  14. #14
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DirkCumulo View Post
    Well, I wrote the article and actually thought you were funny and that the sarcasm was clear. I apologize if it did not come across as such -- but it was clearly sarcasm and funny.
    Dude, I wasn't at the panel (cries!) but I thought this article was HILARIOUS! Now, did the sarcasm come though? As someone who's very familiar with JV's humor, yes. But for anyone who knows NOTHING about the guy, perhaps, maybe not so much. I dunno, methinks it's still a bit of an overreaction...? I see something else altogether at work here. (when's this gonna be on youtube or mp3?)

    Anyway, I think the "dookey" part was definitely my favorite 'cause I don't know about you but I can never get enough dookey.

  15. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default Wtf?

    +1 to Jhonen. JTHM saved my sanity from Media.

    Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Jhonen Vazquez and collaborator J.R. Goldberg discuss the origins of "Invader Zim," talk about a new series they're currently pitching and tease a potential animated film based on the world of "Johnny the Homicidal Maniac."


    Full article here.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •