Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

How many decades did it take before Wolverine got an origin? Damn that lazy Claremont!
    The Punisher: I’m going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pants™ Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and you’ll die screaming! And I’ll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Rob Anybody. Crivens! Blackknight75's Avatar

I'm thinking that Striker's dad may have been part of the Legion of Lightning, the same guys Miguel Santos was associated with, via his father.

As for Veil, I'm still thinking she is a clone/science experiment, created by Norman Osborn during his tenure as being the man in charge. I think her 'parents' are Vector and Vapour from the U-Foes, and her creation was their payment for destroying Soldier's Field at the beginning of Siege. She was then given false memories, and left as a sleeper agent for the Avengers to find, a contingency plan in case Osborn fell from power.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    How many decades did it take before Wolverine got an origin? Damn that lazy Claremont!
    Yes, but then he made him a mutant, which is the least lazy way to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackknight75 View Post
    I'm thinking that Striker's dad may have been part of the Legion of Lightning, the same guys Miguel Santos was associated with, via his father.

As for Veil, I'm still thinking she is a clone/science experiment, created by Norman Osborn during his tenure as being the man in charge. I think her 'parents' are Vector and Vapour from the U-Foes, and her creation was their payment for destroying Soldier's Field at the beginning of Siege. She was then given false memories, and left as a sleeper agent for the Avengers to find, a contingency plan in case Osborn fell from power.
    Oh damn, I just had a scary thought, what if thats ALL of their origins, with the exception of Reptil.

Mettle's parents were major New Age iirc and seemed to have been caused by one of them coming into possession of a crystal or stone of some sort.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me. Especially at this point where I'm already invested in most of the characters. The way I see it is, when the characters themselves find out, we'll find out. You can't just have one story arc explaining everyone's origins out of the blue one after another. It doesn't come off as natural. Even when he starts going into detail about the student's origin, it would probably take another two years to do it all in a way that flows well. It would be worse if AA was accustom to 6 issue arcs like some other books, but fortunately that's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    He is a mutant, that was in Giant Size X-men 1.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Mettle's parents were major New Age iirc and seemed to have been caused by one of them coming into possession of a crystal or stone of some sort.
    I don't recall anything about his parents. I just remember he was a surfer kid, got hit with a board and learned his skeleton was metal.

Strangely, we got no flashback from him during the recent Runaways story. I wonder if there's a meaning to that.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    He is a mutant, that was in Giant Size X-men 1.
    Yes, but he was a mutant Wolverine by High evolutionary orginaly. However Stan Lee Unknowity changed that when he said Spider-woman's Original Origin was stupid.

This is why in the older books Sentinals do not read him as a mutant
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    Yes, but he was a mutant Wolverine by High evolutionary orginaly. However Stan Lee Unknowity changed that when he said Spider-woman's Original Origin was stupid.

This is why in the older books Sentinals do not read him as a mutant
    Yeah, wolverine has had a bunch of origins.
    If i remember correctly even SHIELD tested him and he didnt come off as mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    Wait . . . giving them a generic "they're mutants" origin would be the less lazy option?
    That was my first thought as well. WTF?

Does everything have to be explained in issue 1? Can't they take their time telling stories/origins? Does it need to be done now?

Heck they never explained the newer superpowered folks back in the Avengers Initiative book a few years ago. Cloud 9 and Butterball are still a mystery.

I would like it if they were children of supervillians:

Veil - Daughter of Vapor and Vector.
    Striker - Son of Electro.
    Mettle - Son of Ironclad, or maybe Warhawk or Molten Man.
    Hazmat - Daughter of Nuklo, Presence or Radioactive Man.

That would give an additional reason to keep an eye on then: To avoid their parents arrive and recruit them.

The problem with that is that they are way too old for that to be true; I guess they could say they are all Warpies, the children of rogue Inhumans, of skrull sleeper agents, of children of Lilith or Golden Age superbeings. Does anybody know of any Golden Age superbeing with similar powers?

I like it more if they aren´t mutants; I like it when there is some diversity among superheroes, and mutant origins are easy to abuse. Also, I would prefer it if they left the future of the human race open, instead of carving on stone a future in which the mutants are the only possible next step of evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I would like it if they were children of supervillians:

Veil - Daughter of Vapor and Vector.
    Striker - Son of Electro.
    Mettle - Son of Ironclad, or maybe Warhawk or Molten Man.
    Hazmat - Daughter of Nuklo, Presence or Radioactive Man.

That would give an additional reason to keep an eye on then: To avoid their parents arrive and recruit them.

The problem with that is that they are way too old for that to be true; I guess they could say they are all Warpies, the children of rogue Inhumans, of skrull sleeper agents, of children of Lilith or Golden Age superbeings. Does anybody know of any Golden Age superbeing with similar powers?

I like it more if they aren´t mutants; I like it when there is some diversity among superheroes, and mutant origins are easy to abuse. Also, I would prefer it if they left the future of the human race open, instead of carving on stone a future in which the mutants are the only possible next step of evolution.
    Yeah, have the same problem with some of these that Electro had with being the father of the 616 Aftershock (That was her name right?). He hasn't had his powers long enough to have a 16 year old daughter who inherited them.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ronin View Post
    Yeah, have the same problem with some of these that Electro had with being the father of the 616 Aftershock (That was her name right?). He hasn't had his powers long enough to have a 16 year old daughter who inherited them.
    Well, truth to be told they happily ignored the cronology when they made the Secret Warriors origins: Griffin, Absorbing Man and Hyde, all of them technically got their powers after the 4F did, but their children Quake, Yo-Yo and Stonewall are already adults, while poor Franklin Richards is stuck as a little kid...

Heck, Valeria has grown several years while poor Franklin is still stuck at the same age! Lightspeed of Powerpack, who was only a few years older than him is almost an adult!