Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Wolverine Healing Factor: Deep Analysis

there are things that bug me about just how well his healing factor works. Limited, tissue, & bone growth.

feel free to add your own 2 cents

AOA Wolverine: Summers takes his hand with an optic blast, however as learned later he pops claws through the thing a ma Bob on his hand.
    Result: still has bone, though unclear whether there's flesh on his stump.
    Marvel Universe vs Wolverine: Hulk does what Hulk does: breaks adamantium (this goes for 616 continuity as long as he's pissed enough
    Result: No arm. Understandable seeing as there's no bone

This is the one that gets me: after Civil War when Nitro reduced him to just a skeleton and he grew back due to azrael or whatever, but to me it just seems Marvel will do whatever suits. them. there's also the fact he. was paralyzed in Nocturnes reallity. Any thoughts
    Thing of the naow: Please let Scott Summer die in AVX

Quote Originally Posted by wc662 View Post
    there are things that bug me about just how well his healing factor works. Limited, tissue, & bone growth.

feel free to add your own 2 cents

AOA Wolverine: Summers takes his hand with an optic blast, however as learned later he pops claws through the thing a ma Bob on his hand.
    Result: still has bone, though unclear whether there's flesh on his stump.
    Marvel Universe vs Wolverine: Hulk does what Hulk does: breaks adamantium (this goes for 616 continuity as long as he's pissed enough

This is the one that gets me: after Civil War when Nitro reduced him to just a skeleton and he grew back due to azrael or whatever, but to me it just seems Marvel will do whatever suits them. there's also the fact he. was paralyzed in Nocturnes reallity. Any thoughts
    Pretty much this.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

It is whatever is most convenient for the story at the time.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Wolverine's healing has always bothered me in recent years. I always felt that when he was first introduced the healing factor was just that, for healing, not the regeneration it has become. He could heal from cuts, wounds, poisoning, etc, but if you took a limb that limb wasn't growing back, hence AoA. At the same time that is why he needed the unbreakable metal on his bones otherwise with the healing factor if he did break a bone it would heal wrong and he would be deformed or need the bone rebroken in the exact same way and set before he could heal. Any more though it's a full blown regeneration ability that apparently can come back from anything. Hate to say it but Wolverine really is in need of a major depowering.

BANNED

Anole's healing factor is better.

In the Wolverine: Best there is series, Marjorie Brink claimed that Wolverine's healing factor had mutated over the years to deal with the ever increasing severity of the injuries he suffered. That's why he's so overpowered now.
    http://blanchett.t15.org
    Please pledge only 5 days left for Kirsten Vangness' hilarious Kill Me Deadly movie!http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...lm-noir-comedy

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    In the Wolverine: Best there is series, Marjorie Brink claimed that Wolverine's healing factor had mutated over the years to deal with the ever increasing severity of the injuries he suffered. That's why he's so overpowered now.
    Exactly. His healing factor adapts. He reacts faster and heals faster each time the same injury happens.

Quote Originally Posted by wc662 View Post

This is the one that gets me: after Civil War when Nitro reduced him to just a skeleton and he grew back due to azrael or whatever, but to me it just seems Marvel will do whatever suits. them. there's also the fact he. was paralyzed in Nocturnes reallity. Any thoughts
    obviously you didn't read that whole marvel vs wolverine mini-series. Wolverine's arm grew back in the last issue .

From what I saw it was a stump. also YES forgot to mention Wolverine: The Best There Is. Awesome book
    Thing of the naow: Please let Scott Summer die in AVX

san francisco - the free range twink farm

The Marc Guggenheim corollary to the Logan Heal Factor: Fucker can regrow himself from a charred skeleton

Pirelli's Miracle Elixir Probably_not_a_Nurgling's Avatar

Well, there's definitely some limits on it. It's inferred that Logan's ability to heal himself isn't as powerful as Elixir's ability to heal others (judging from the fact that Josh is Omega-level and Logan isn't) and that it's not as powerful as Lobo's over at DC (due to the fact that the writers couldn't think of a logical way for Logan to win back in DC vs. Marvel; they ended up simply not explaining how he won). We also know that destroying all of his cells at once is enough to kill him (albeit this was in an alternate universe), and that he can apparently reattach but can't regrow from nothing his head (as evidenced by Xavier's plan to kill him if he went rogue).

This was deep enough for me.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

This analysis wasn't nearly PROBING enough.

Was expecting something deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Probably_not_a_Nurgling View Post
    Well, there's definitely some limits on it. It's inferred that Logan's ability to heal himself isn't as powerful as Elixir's ability to heal others (judging from the fact that Josh is Omega-level and Logan isn't) and that it's not as powerful as Lobo's over at DC (due to the fact that the writers couldn't think of a logical way for Logan to win back in DC vs. Marvel; they ended up simply not explaining how he won). We also know that destroying all of his cells at once is enough to kill him (albeit this was in an alternate universe), and that he can apparently reattach but can't regrow from nothing his head (as evidenced by Xavier's plan to kill him if he went rogue).
    Yea... it was shown that Scott's way to kill Logan was to have Magneto rip the Adamantium from him, have Namor rip off his head, and then Cyclops blasts his body to nothing.

So he has a limit... it just hasn't (and probably won't ever) be reached in the 616.

Also, in the Best there is, it mentioned that whatever they did to the bad guy at the very end just about burnt his healing factor out and a couple bullets could have killed him. So he does have a limit on what he can take... it is just that if he gets the same stimulus over and over again he heals faster and faster.