Page 247 of 334 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 5003

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    One of Nathan's friends is a big wrestler. I'd slit my wrists if I had to go through that every weekend.
    Ross will be running year round next year. But the local high school is walking distance, so we don't have to take him back and forth to practice.

Fall Cross Country is cool. But the big spring track invitational meets suck. Sitting through event after event and often they run form 1/2 hour early tio half hour late from projected start times.

Quote Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
    Ross will be running year round next year. But the local high school is walking distance, so we don't have to take him back and forth to practice.

Fall Cross Country is cool. But the big spring track invitational meets suck. Sitting through event after event and often they run form 1/2 hour early tio half hour late from projected start times.
    Nathan put shot and threw discus this spring. I don't think he's going to again, because he just didn't feel he was making any progress and wasn't enjoying it.

Their tournaments were all weekday afternoons, so I was always in the office or in court. And he honestly didn't want anyone watching him anyway.

I'm ready for Friday night football though.

Quote Originally Posted by Winslow View Post

How far do they run for cross country anyway? I vaguely remember it being unimaginably long, but that probably included everything longer than the 1/4 mile track itself.

I was a track & field kid in high school - loved it. By high school, it wasn't a big deal to me if my parents went to my meets or not. They did go to a home one once, which was fun. Tracks meets tend to be all-day extravaganzas though. I don't remember one ever being less than five hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    The children (when we get around to more, the wife wants at least three, and I'm punching myself in the balls hourly)
    That's awesome, Jeff. I'm really happy for you and the missus. Not all of 'em will be nonstop screaming machines. I was a quiet l'il one as was my mom as a kid and my aunt.

I may have mentioned before that my brother recently accepted a job in Texas. Today I found out who he's going to be working for, British Petroleum. I'm not sure why, but this amuses me deeply. Definitely I'm going to have to bust his balls over this. Maybe ask him if he plans on growing a goatee, what with being evil now and all.

Quote Originally Posted by i_mmmchocolate View Post
    I was a track & field kid in high school - loved it. By high school, it wasn't a big deal to me if my parents went to my meets or not. They did go to a home one once, which was fun. Tracks meets tend to be all-day extravaganzas though. I don't remember one ever being less than five hours.
    Yeah, by High School, when I was driving, my parent's attendance at soccer or softball weekend tourneys went really down and it wasn't a big deal. They would attend if the location was good- on the islands or across the border, and usually one would make a school game, but my league games were hit and miss.

What have I always believed? That, on the whole, and by and large, if a person lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, at the end, more or less, turn out ok.

"In 1996, I was 36. And you're still a frothing moonbat." ~Paradox

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Donald M. View Post
    I may have mentioned before that my brother recently accepted a job in Texas. Today I found out who he's going to be working for, British Petroleum. I'm not sure why, but this amuses me deeply. Definitely I'm going to have to bust his balls over this. Maybe ask him if he plans on growing a goatee, what with being evil now and all.
    You should make him grow a long western mustache that some villains wore...so he can twirl it and laugh..."Bwa ha ha ha..."
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Donald M. View Post
    Don't forget to call him Mr. Plainview and remind him about drinking your milkshake.

The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

You can carry all of this in your pocket.

I want an iPhone that can play VHS tapes!
    Listen to this: alt-j - Something Good

Oh man this is such a good lineup:

Yonder Mountain String Band
    Leftover Salmon
    The Jayhawks
    Mickey Hart Band w/ Dave Schools
    North Mississippi Allstars
    Sam Bush
    Punch Brothers
    Dumpstaphunk
    Wookiefoot
    Split Lip Rayfield
    Cornmeal
    Joe Purdy
    Elephant Revival
    Mishka
    Zach Deputy
    The Gourds
    Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad
    Larry Keel and Natural Bridge
    Acoustic Syndicate
    Delta Rae
    Trampled Under Foot
    William Elliott Whitmore
    Adam Aijala and Larry Keel
    Darol Anger’s Republic of Strings
    Big Sam’s Funky Nation
    Brother Joscephus and the Love Revival Revolution Orchestra
    Brown Bird
    HoneyHoney
    Delhi 2 Dublin
    Mountain Sprout
    Moonalice
    Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real
    Pert Near Sandstone
    White Ghost Shivers
    Rose’s Pawn Shop
    Della Mae
    Honey Island Swamp Band
    Dirtfoot
    Cas Haley
    Levi Lowrey
    Blame Sally
    Nathan Moore
    Jay Nash
    Yarn
    Bronze Radio Return
    Truckstop Honeymoon
    The Hillbenders
    The Hogslop String Band
    Adam Faucett and the Tall Grass
    Lightnin’ Malcolm
    Deadman Flats
    Listen to this: alt-j - Something Good

That's a good lineup.

I checked out a book on built-in barbecues and outdoor kitchens. I have no idea why I'm torturing myself since I know that the bathroom and the indoor kitchen are top priorities. sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post
    How far do they run for cross country anyway? I vaguely remember it being unimaginably long, but that probably included everything longer than the 1/4 mile track itself.
    5 k or about 3.1 miles.

Ross is a much better cross country runner than miler.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

People wondered when Izzy Stradlin would show up at a Guns n Roses show the last few years. He showed up at a couple in 2006/2007. Well he finally showed up at the O2 Arena show...

What irks me is I can't find "Dead Flowers" with him from the show yet. I'm sure it will get on there.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Guapo Méndez View Post

You can carry all of this in your pocket.
    I can fit a tweed jacket in my pocket?
    The Punisher: I’m going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pants™ Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and you’ll die screaming! And I’ll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com