Page 3 of 334 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 5003
  1. #31
    Rita's Rincewind Jared H.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    This isn't church camp!
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Completely impossible.
    Thank you. Even when i know it logically, hearing it from someone else helps a lot, you know?
    I'm autistic. What's your excuse?

    AKA Muffin, Rear Admiral Nerdcock...

    Y'know that thing I said that got you offended? I was just joking.

  2. #32
    Be Right Back... Spike-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Just above Tasmania
    Posts
    34,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    That's a pretty damn awesome love right there.
    It really is. I'm kinda envious.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

  3. #33
    Be Right Back... Spike-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Just above Tasmania
    Posts
    34,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jared H. View Post
    Thank you. Even when i know it logically, hearing it from someone else helps a lot, you know?
    I know. You're not the first guy I've had to talk down off the metaphorical ledge. I have a friend who's bipolar, and sometimes I need to calm him down with a small dose of rational.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

  4. #34
    Rita's Rincewind Jared H.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    This isn't church camp!
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    That's a pretty damn awesome love right there.

    Morning y'all.
    It is? I was kinda worried it was more of a weird codependency.
    I'm autistic. What's your excuse?

    AKA Muffin, Rear Admiral Nerdcock...

    Y'know that thing I said that got you offended? I was just joking.

  5. #35
    They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    31,097

    Default

    Oh, and I can always fill in numbers 6 and 7:

    6. Oprah does a special about it, shames evil people on national tv, buys you A HOOUUUUUSSSE!
    7. Profit!
    My blog.

    We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

    Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

  6. #36
    Be Right Back... Spike-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Just above Tasmania
    Posts
    34,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jared H. View Post
    It is? I was kinda worried it was more of a weird codependency.
    Codependency is based on fear, not love.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

  7. #37
    They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    31,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jared H. View Post
    It is? I was kinda worried it was more of a weird codependency.
    If that kind of codependency is weird, I don't wanna be unweird.

    My blog.

    We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

    Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

  8. #38
    Rita's Rincewind Jared H.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    This isn't church camp!
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    I know. You're not the first guy I've had to talk down off the metaphorical ledge. I have a friend who's bipolar, and sometimes I need to calm him down with a small dose of rational.
    It really sucks when I know how crazy it is and still can't stop it. Why can't I be like other crazy people and actually lose myself in my friggin delusions?
    I'm autistic. What's your excuse?

    AKA Muffin, Rear Admiral Nerdcock...

    Y'know that thing I said that got you offended? I was just joking.

  9. #39
    Be Right Back... Spike-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Just above Tasmania
    Posts
    34,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jared H. View Post
    It really sucks when I know how crazy it is and still can't stop it. Why can't I be like other crazy people and actually lose myself in my friggin delusions?
    Because that would be a bad thing, Jared.

    Anyway, enough talk about crazy people, I'm gonna go watch Dexter.

    Also, as much as I love Words With Friends, goddamn it drains my phone's battery like nothing else. So if I stop playing for a while, that's why.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

  10. #40
    Rita's Rincewind Jared H.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    This isn't church camp!
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    Oh, and I can always fill in numbers 6 and 7:

    6. Oprah does a special about it, shames evil people on national tv, buys you A HOOUUUUUSSSE!
    7. Profit!
    That'd be cool, I gotta admit.
    I'm autistic. What's your excuse?

    AKA Muffin, Rear Admiral Nerdcock...

    Y'know that thing I said that got you offended? I was just joking.

  11. #41
    Rita's Rincewind Jared H.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    This isn't church camp!
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    If that kind of codependency is weird, I don't wanna be unweird.
    Well, Thankee.
    I'm autistic. What's your excuse?

    AKA Muffin, Rear Admiral Nerdcock...

    Y'know that thing I said that got you offended? I was just joking.

  12. #42
    Rita's Rincewind Jared H.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    This isn't church camp!
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Because that would be a bad thing, Jared.
    That's true. The idea of schizophrenia scares me to death.

    Anyway, enough talk about crazy people, I'm gonna go watch Dexter.
    Good plan!

    Also, as much as I love Words With Friends, goddamn it drains my phone's battery like nothing else. So if I stop playing for a while, that's why.
    Awwwwwww...
    I'm autistic. What's your excuse?

    AKA Muffin, Rear Admiral Nerdcock...

    Y'know that thing I said that got you offended? I was just joking.

  13. #43
    They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    31,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jared H. View Post
    That's true. The idea of schizophrenia scares me to death.
    One of my closest friends had a schizophrenic brother who committed suicide when my friend was just a kid... For years, he was scared that he would develop similar problems and actually started hanging out with me to talk to somebody with a background in psychology about it. We sat up many nights with me talking him out of his fears. It's now 10 years later and he's been living without those fears for a long time now, and I got a really cool friend for life out of the deal. He's a straight Turkish hip hop DJ who loves running, so we go on runs together quite often.
    My blog.

    We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

    Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

  14. #44
    Rita's Rincewind Jared H.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    This isn't church camp!
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    One of my closest friends had a schizophrenic brother who committed suicide when my friend was just a kid... For years, he was scared that he would develop similar problems and actually started hanging out with me to talk to somebody with a background in psychology about it. We sat up many nights with me talking him out of his fears. It's now 10 years later and he's been living without those fears for a long time now, and I got a really cool friend for life out of the deal. He's a straight Turkish hip hop DJ who loves running, so we go on runs together quite often.
    That is cool how it turned out. I am glad that I am out of the usual age range, at least.
    Last edited by Jared H.; 04-15-2012 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Typing error
    I'm autistic. What's your excuse?

    AKA Muffin, Rear Admiral Nerdcock...

    Y'know that thing I said that got you offended? I was just joking.

  15. #45
    They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    31,097

    Default

    I am off to the gym. That French food was way too good in Bordeaux.





    My blog.

    We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

    Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •