Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Apparently the gajillion posts about "Fraction sheds readers" wasn't enough. Sabrewulf had to make a whole thread dedicated to it. Thumbs up for monotony.

They're doing it for the same reason they paired up Bendis/Maleev on Spider-Woman and Moon Knight (and yes I realize both fell down sales-wise), they're hoping to rekindle a writer/artist duo that has put out good comics in the past. Hawkeye is not so much about putting Fraction on the book, it's about putting Fraction/Aja on the book.

Also, the comparison to Ultimate Hawkeye is so insensible that it borders on trollish. That said, I'm sure it made sense in your head. But as someone who fancies himself so well-versed in sales figures....I'd figure you'd be aware that miniseries, aside from big events, almost always have significantly lower sales than comparable ongoings. There's no comparing the two. The fact that it's the Ultimate universe also makes it a different can of worms.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

I'm thinking they're trying to capture some of the magic of Immortal Iron Fist by having Aja on board. If they can pull that off, great, but I'd prefer Jim McCann on any Hawkeye/Mockingbird related book.

BANNED

I also like Jim MCann, but this is a good thing for Hawkeye, I think. I think Fraction is going to bring his A game and I'm not a Fraction fan boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    I also like Jim MCann, but this is a good thing for Hawkeye, I think. I think Fraction is going to bring his A game and I'm not a Fraction fan boy.
    I'll give it a whirl regardless, just would rather McCann be the guy, but I totally get that Fraction is a Marvel Architect so, they're gonna give a series they want to push to someone they think will bring in more readers/money.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post
    I know right. I mean I know it;s not really the case but sometimes it really does seem they are just doing this stuff to bait the detrators.
    Yeah, I'm sure that Quesada makes his decisions purely on the basis of pissing off fanboys.

Hilarious.