Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I'm guessing it went something like "Fraction made a pitch, Marvel liked it, they greenlit the book."

Terrible, I know.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Saberwulf, is there any answer to your thread title you would be prepared to accept? Because it sounds like you've already made up your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake V View Post
    Since no one here made the decision, I don't think you'll get the correct answer. I suggest emailing Marvel directly if you'd really like an answer.
    This seems like a good idea.

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Seriously? Another thread created with the sole intention to bash a creator? Can we get this closed please
    I know I just want the Bendis ones left opened
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Also, to bash a creator who is by all accounts one of the nicest guys in the business when it comes to dealing with fans. That doesn't make a ton of sense.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Sabrewulf Moan, v.10.00™

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Seriously? Another thread created with the sole intention to bash a creator? Can we get this closed please
    If we never had any threads where you'd bash something about Marvel, Sabrewolf would never have anything to say.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Fraction has an Eisner under his belt doesn't he? His run on Iron Man is also pretty decent to me. I have not read his Thor, so I can't comment. I can say I disliked his Uncanny run.

But honestly, why bash the man before you've read an issue. If you don't like the book then offer your opinion on why you dislike the direction of it, or why you dislike how Fraction is handling the character.

By going the route you're going you make yourself seem like a mark to the business.

Fraction (an award winning writer) with a huge crossover event under his belt, would be perfect from a company standpoint to write one of the lesser known Avengers (and by lesser known, I mean to the general public and not comic fans). Fraction did wonders for Iron Man when the movie came out, and Marvel is probably hoping he will probably do wonders for Hawkeye in the same vein. That's my answer to your question.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    If we never had any threads where you'd bash something about Marvel, Sabrewolf would never have anything to say.
    I think I'd be ok with that.

But hey, keep bringing on the hate for this book. I'm most likely going to enjoy it. But if you want to bitch and complain for months before the first issue comes out, you have all the right in the world (and God knows I have as well). Just understand that someone like me is going to call you out on your Chicken Little syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBodyAtCBR View Post
    I think I'd be ok with that.

But hey, keep bringing on the hate for this book. I'm most likely going to enjoy it. But if you want to bitch and complain for months before the first issue comes out, you have all the right in the world (and God knows I have as well). Just understand that someone like me is going to call you out on your Chicken Little syndrome.
    I really enjoyed them on Iron Fist, so I will give this book a chance at the very least. And as long as it gets Fraction away from one of the main Avengers books, then I'm totally fine with that.

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Fraction ate muh baby! and raped muh childhood!
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    Maybe the dingo ate your baby...

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    hmm well if hes a baby eater and a rapist then I am really going to reconsider buying this book... unless the other Young Avengers pop up here and there.

i think he kidnapped Ant-Man, as well. won't someone think of the children?!!

Majin is right; like him or not, Fraction has made quite a name for himself in comics and he's the big name everyone clamors for when launching a new book.
    His direction for the book seems interesting, and Aja can't disappoint, as far as I'm concerned!

i like him because he made Doctor Strange a creep.