Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default C2E212: Marvel's "Cup O' Joe" Panel LIVE!

Marvel Comics Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada brings his signature Q&A panel to Chicago, and CBR is on hand live as he teams with Axel Alonso, Jason Aaron and Dan Slott to interact on the future of the Marvel U.

Full article here.

BANNED

Wish someone would ask Joe how exactly voting with you dollar works when it comes to Fraction. I mean how many series does he have to shed sales on before they can stop pretending they are giving the fans what they want instead of just catering to their own tastes.

So anyhow, news... Fraction, check, Loeb, check, Bendis, check. Digital comics for like the 20th time. Yup this is definitely a Cup O Joe panel.

Seriously does anybody else wish they would stop going on about the bloody mobile animations they are trying to pass off as the future of comics.
    Last edited by Sabrewulf; 04-14-2012 at 03:31 PM.

BANNED

Who wanted Sabretooth back?
    I'm sorry if I sound bitter, but that's a villain I prefer dead.

IMo, should have at least stayed dead longer.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Hawkeye book looks really cool, actually. I really love the covers, they're very Immortal Iron Fist-esque, and that's just fine with me.

Might actually be my first Fraction ongoing.
    Avengers, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, FF, Hawkeye, New Avengers
    Animal Man, Batman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Justice League
    Saga, Thief of Thieves.

Aja's Hawkeye covers are GORGEOUS.

I'm definitely gonna have to drop Incredible Hulk, Defenders, Wolverine, Thor, and 3 different ongoing X-Men titles and start buying Hawkeye!!
    You win, Marvel!! Oh wait, no you don't.
    I believe all that needs to be said has been. So here’s my two cents.”
    -- ScottMC, inadvertently summing up the Internet.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by gma2darescue View Post
    Hawkeye book looks really cool, actually. I really love the covers, they're very Immortal Iron Fist-esque, and that's just fine with me.

Might actually be my first Fraction ongoing.
    And it's the first Fraction ongoing i'm NOT getting.

Hawkeye, what a soulless hashtag of a character.

BANNED

So it is a Hawkeye ongoing? Lol..I will give Marvel props for pushing him as a character..because they have never push any non "iconic" character like this.

BANNED

I have to say Hawkeye is one of my favourite characters. But seriously first the costume and now Fraction. I don't know how Marvel does it but they always seem to be able to find creative teams that will remove any ability I have to enjoy these characters.

Fraction is not a draw. They're not even trying to pretend that's relevant anymore. I don't usually get into the whole death watch on books but this one is asking for it. 12 issues max. Nobody wants a gritty boring Hawkeye and for the love of good there are no movie to comic book convertees coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    And it's the first Fraction ongoing i'm NOT getting.

Hawkeye, what a soulless hashtag of a character.
    I have to agree - okay am not a fan of Fraction - tho I did like his & Aja's Iron Fist - & I fail to see the appeal of Hawkeye. He's such a one-dimensional character. Always has been &, IMO, always will be. There is nothing remotely interesting about him.

Yes, the covers look brilliant, but what do you expect from Aja? Still not going to make the book an interesting read. Nice to look at yes.

Marvel keep shoving him down our throats & yet he's still boring. Cannot see this book lasting 12 issues. Still on the bright side, another book I won't be buying, so saving money.

BANNED

I guess you guys will buy it now that they mention that Kate Bishop is a supporting character.

http://marvel.com/news/story/18528/c2e2_2012_hawkeye

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I guess you guys will buy it now that they mention that Kate Bishop is a supporting character.

http://marvel.com/news/story/18528/c2e2_2012_hawkeye
    LOL, as if.

I just got more reason not to pick this thing up, Young Avenger detritus floating around.

We could have had an Immortal Weapons, an Orson Randall, even a trippy Casanova-esque Dr Strange solo, and we get some movie-mandated archery nonsense. ah, that's the comic industry today. niche titles are a thing of the past.
    Last edited by Pixie_Solanas; 04-14-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Aja

Dislikes:
    Hawkeye's costume
    Fraction
    Kate Bishop

So there are more nays than yays for me, but I'll probably still give it a shot.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    LOL, as if.

I just got more reason not to pick this thing up, Young Avenger detritus floating around.

We could have had an Immortal Weapons, an Orson Randall, even a trippy Casanova-esque Dr Strange solo, and we get some movie-mandated archery nonsense. ah, that's the comic industry today. niche titles are a thing of the past.
    Dislikes:
    Kate Bishop
    I just assumed everyone would go nuts...Still bitter about Cassie.

BANNED

Im reading this on Newsarama and Joe manages to bring everything round to talking about the AR app like he just joined some crazy Digital Cult. Bless him and his almost complete inability to use subtlety.