Hybrid View

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default C2E2 LIVE: DC All Access: "Before Watchmen"

In a special All Access panel, DC brought fan-favorite creators for a behind-the-scenes look at the highly anticipated "Before Watchmen." CBR is on hand LIVE with details.

Full article here.

wow no hate yet? im excited to read these, tho i am trade waiting :(

BANNED

what happens if Morrison says, "Hey DC, Im gonna come back and work for you on a Watchman ongoing." Would he have the right to retcon 'Before Watchman?'

BANNED

May get nite owl on trade that's it though

I would have asked about meeting deadlines given some of the track records involved.
    I also wonder how they will collect these..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    what happens if Morrison says, "Hey DC, Im gonna come back and work for you on a Watchman ongoing." Would he have the right to retcon 'Before Watchman?'
    I'm willing to bet they offered him the prequels, and he refused. Looking more forward to Earth-4 than BW anyway.

I kinda plan on buying these in hardcover...the creative teams (primarily artists) are just insanely strong. I hope they re-release Watchmen in hardcover to satisfy my OCD bookshelf urges so they all look nice together.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

BANNED

I just liked the part where Didio discovered everybody wanted more stories. pssssshhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I'm willing to bet they offered him the prequels, and he refused. Looking more forward to Earth-4 than BW anyway.
    Well that was obvious, considering the relationship he has with Moore. Team Grant HOOO!! just kiddin'.

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

I love the Minutemen cover, it shows classic superheroing style look except there's an undercurrent of brutal violence to it. I think that's the one with the most potential because, as I see it, the main characters in Watchmen where pretty much explored enough in the original but the Minutemen seems to have a lot of stuff to mine it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    He was offered the project in the mid 90s. He wrote a letter to Allan Moore seekinh his blessing. He did not get it. He turned it down.

Im interested mostly in Rorschach, Comedian and Minutemen. Il check out the first issue of all them, but what i have read of JMS/Wein's previous work i find to be poor. If nothing else the art will probably keep me reading past that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superbeast View Post
    He was offered the project in the mid 90s. He wrote a letter to Allan Moore seekinh his blessing. He did not get it. He turned it down.
    So the exact same situation as Miracle Man, or are you getting them mixed up?