Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Otchofriend View Post
    I LOVE MADMAN AND MIKE!

Must check this out...
    We like a lot similar books, mostly indie. I'm telling you: this is the Silver Age superhero book to check out. It's wild, fun, and the art is to die for.

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    We like a lot similar books, mostly indie. I'm telling you: this is the Silver Age superhero book to check out. It's wild, fun, and the art is to die for.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Any discussion about good Doom Patrol stories should begin with the classic Drake/Premiani run, which is one of the finest DC's comics of the silver age.

The Silver Age run is geniunly good. It has a certain heart a lot of pre-Bronze Age comics don't have. The characters have distinct, albeit vague, personalities, and great internal conflicts. Negative Man- a man trapped in a radioactive body! Robotman- a suicidal man trapped in an unfeeling body! They had Marvel style hooks.

The villains were weird, even by Silver Age standards. It had honest to god subplots that ran through at times half a year, giving you an actual sense of time rather than just static adventures. And it has an end. A definite end, and one that is still shocking forty years later.

It all added up to a package that is definitely Silver Age, but quite good regardless. The Showcases are well worth the money on them.