Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

It better have Cosmo too or i will protest.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Oddly, the original team has a much more streamlined story that could be told in a movie. The original is a cosmic, post-apocalyptic Magnificent Seven, with the leader being a mashup of Buck Rogers and the Lone Ranger. I don't know if I could boil the more modern version down to a sentence at all.
    I think the modern Starlord team is a sort of cosmic Magnificent Seven, with the leader being a mashup of Buck Rogers and many a Clint Eastwood character.

Edit: actually, closer to The Dirty Dozen than Seven Samurai.
    Last edited by carabas; 04-16-2012 at 02:19 AM.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Rocket Raccoon or DIE

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

The REAL Guardians or GTFO.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mrmancha View Post
    rocket raccoon or die
    grooooot !

Quote Originally Posted by MrMancha View Post
    Rocket Raccoon or DIE
    Hells yeah.

Odd choice of characters to go with but I'm all for bringing the more obscure characters to mainstream audiences.

Maybe there's hope for a Daughters of the Dragon movie.
    "Honest Abe's a 'mo!" - Hank Venture from the Venture Bros.

It would be nice if they got Jim Henson's Creature Shop to work on the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    You mean besides "Cosmic super-heroes fighting cosmic threats"?
    All of whom have their own separate origins and agendas. Most of whom come from earth. Try, just try, explaining who Drax is.

Originals are a lot more streamlined. Everyone is either just alien, or genetically altered "sons of earth." But Drax, you'd have to basically throw out everything about Drax to even come close to describing him to someone.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Try, just try, explaining who Drax is.
    He's a human mind placed in an engineered body by some (relatively) benevolent space god (sort of like the guys you saw in Thor) to act as a Terminator aimed straight at the big bad you were shown at the end of the Avengers film. And he misses his daughter.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I'd much rather see a movie with the original characters, but can understand why they would go with the "new" team.
    I could be wrong but it seems that any Marvel movie is dealing with characters/teams and storylines from about 2001 onwards (Ultimate Iron Man, Bru's Cap, bits of Ultimate Thor etc.). I think this would work better as an animated cartoon (Groot and Rocket) than live action, but we'll see. It's an interesting choice as far as the next team-centric film.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

All of whom have their own separate origins and agendas. Most of whom come from earth. Try, just try, explaining who Drax is.

Originals are a lot more streamlined. Everyone is either just alien, or genetically altered "sons of earth." But Drax, you'd have to basically throw out everything about Drax to even come close to describing him to someone.
    Honestly, I didn't know all that much about Drax when I was reading the book except that he had a one-track mind about killing Thanos. I just ran with it. Hell, I didn't even know who the hell Star-Lord was and he was leading the team. I didn't even read Quill's origin until a couple days ago when I bought a copy of Marvel Spotlight #6.
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    I could be wrong but it seems that any Marvel movie is dealing with characters/teams and storylines from about 2001 onwards (Ultimate Iron Man, Bru's Cap, bits of Ultimate Thor etc.). I think this would work better as an animated cartoon (Groot and Rocket) than live action, but we'll see. It's an interesting choice as far as the next team-centric film.
    I would rather see it done live action with Jim Henson's Creature Shop doing Groot and Rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    I would rather see it done live action with Jim Henson's Creature Shop doing Groot and Rocket.
    Y'know, I just kind of want to see Groot in a movie.

Heck, I haven't seen the Avengers movie yet, and part of me just wants Avengers 2 to be Avengers vs Kirby Monsters (hey, it seems a whole lot more likely than seeing a Ulysses Bloodstone movie).
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.